OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot of activity today.....If you want something else to look at how about Ty Garret Davis. He disappeared in Oklahoma too.

There is a youtube video of a young man named, Ty Garrett Davis, who got knocked out cold when he fell off a bronco ride. Is that him?

Bumping this to bring it to the first page.

There is a youtube video of a young man named, Ty Garrett Davis, who got knocked out cold when he fell off a bronco ride. Is that him?

I am not sure. I am just really surprised that there isn't more out there on him.

Very quiet on the Colt and Molly pages this weekend. Nothing new anywhere. I sure hope something breaks loose this week.

I am not sure. I am just really surprised that there isn't more out there on him.

It's up to Ty's family to drive that, to get his face and story out there in front of the public so we know to be looking for him. He has a listing here but, without more info to work with, it's the best we can do:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221123

Not much new, but at least it's in the news:

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol opened an investigation into the damage done to the stolen/crashed car which Hampton described as "cosmetic damage that resulted in several thousand dollars of damage in excess of the statutory limits that require a collision report."

<snip>

"Due to social media, a lot of information and rumors have occurred, with most being unsubstantiated," Hampton said. "All of the agencies have put an incredible amount of man-hours into this case and will continue. The DA is updated regularly and when law enforcement collects enough evidence to make arrests that will be done. In the United States we must prove a person is guilty 'beyond a reasonable doubt' with evidence. That evidence must meet the elements of the crime which we allege someone committed. This is a high burden and, for that reason, cases take time to build."

Read more: http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20131111/NEWS/131119992/0/SEARCH?tag=1#ixzz2kLmykGNJ

Not much new, but at least it's in the news:

To me this sounds like they are justifying why it is taking them so long to charge CN. Why would they not at least charge him with eluding to keep him away from the crime scene and away from evidence?

To me this sounds like they are justifying why it is taking them so long to charge CN. Why would they not at least charge him with eluding to keep him away from the crime scene and away from evidence?

It wouldn't keep him away very long. He'd be out on bail in no time.

IMO, they may not have enough evidence to prove he was the driver. They could be working on that. Right now, it is all hearsay. Possibly, they are looking at his girlfriend's insurance claim and what she told them. She had recanted that her vehicle was stolen. So, one wonders what she told the insurance company. Did she tell them that CN had permission to drive her car? If she stated this to the insurance company, then there is the proof he drove the car. Yet, maybe CN is refuting it or the girlfriend lied and said Colt was the driver. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes and what these people are saying or doing . .

You know, CH driving could explain the broken ankle. Foot getting under peddle when crashing? To me it sounds more logical to break that foot in the car during the wreck than after he exited the car. He could have been in the backseat, foot under seat. I don't see a scenario though where CN and MM were in the front and CH in back. Would this be why CH and MM didn't call 911? Got to be a very good reason for not calling when bone is sticking out of leg.

Is this the reason they crashed anyway? CH less familiar with road than CN?

After reading the article, I'm assured LE is on the case. Who knows? They maybe working on a double homicide, which takes a lot of work. Ducks have to be in a row, before making arrests. There are probably secrets out there, LE needs to uncover and investigate. . I hope they get all the evidence they need soon.

You know, CH driving could explain the broken ankle. Foot getting under peddle when crashing? To me it sounds more logical to break that foot in the car during the wreck than after he exited the car. He could have been in the backseat, foot under seat. I don't see a scenario though where CN and MM were in the front and CH in back. Would this be why CH and MM didn't call 911? Got to be a very good reason for not calling when bone is sticking out of leg.

I think Colt was in the front passenger seat and Molly was in the back, but this is just my opinion. The reason I think Colt broke his ankle while running is because he was running on very rough terrain in the dark. I don't believe a broken ankle is common in car accidents. Broken tibia plateau injuries (knee) are more common, but that is if one crashes into a solid object. The car had cosmetic damage from running over saplings and rough earth (deep ruts). Also, I think they went through a fence, if I recall correctly. I don't know if they were wearing seatbelts, so that could make a difference.

I could be wrong, but it makes more sense to me that he broke it while running from the scene. He was on probation, so he most likely wanted to get as far away from police as possible. I think he was running hard and fast, because he didn't want to end up in jail.

If I recall correctly, Molly's 911 call happened way after the actual wreck happened. This could have been the time Colt broke his ankle and couldn't continue on his way. Just a thought . .

JMO

It's a good thought, and it makes sense but the only way he gets that bad of a break is if steps in a hole or while running, IMO. I was in a car accident and broke both my ankle because of pedals, bone came out like what has been described.
I can't imagine CH not telling his friends most of the story while they were talking. How did you break your ankle has got to come up in conversation. If he told them CN was driving wouldn't that be enough to arrest. It is hearsay in court but isn't it enough to charge them? If LE charges, can't they drop charges without prejudice if they don't have the evidence to go to court?

IMO, they may not have enough evidence to prove he was the driver. They could be working on that. Right now, it is all hearsay. Possibly, they are looking at his girlfriend's insurance claim and what she told them. She had recanted that her vehicle was stolen. So, one wonders what she told the insurance company. Did she tell them that CN had permission to drive her car? If she stated this to the insurance company, then there is the proof he drove the car. Yet, maybe CN is refuting it or the girlfriend lied and said Colt was the driver. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes and what these people are saying or doing . .

You know, I've often wondered that, why they didn't claim Colt stole the car. I mean, I'm glad they didn't because he's not here to defend himself, but it would have been a way to get both the driver and the owner off the hook. Maybe they just didn't think of it in time to make it seem like a plausible story.

Another thought . . I wonder what kind of shoes Colt was wearing. It was July, so was it possible he was wearing flip flops or sandals? He probably wasn't planning on running through the pitch black in Love County that night.

It's a good thought, and it makes sense but the only way he gets that bad of a break is if steps in a hole or while running, IMO. I was in a car accident and broke both my ankle because of pedals, bone came out like what has been described.
I can't imagine CH not telling his friends most of the story while they were talking. How did you break your ankle has got to come up in conversation. If he told them CN was driving wouldn't that be enough to arrest. It is hearsay in court but isn't it enough to charge them? If LE charges, can't they drop charges without prejudice if they don't have the evidence to go to court?

Interesting about your broken ankles. What kind of crash? I could be wrong. He could have got hurt from the car running into a field.

For some reason, they are holding back on the arrests. Maybe they don't want to make any mistakes? Possibly, this is bigger than just the car chase and they want to get it right the first time. I'm just guessing, but usually there is a reasonable reason for the delay, IMO.

You know, I've often wondered that, why they didn't claim Colt stole the car. I mean, I'm glad they didn't because he's not here to defend himself, but it would have been a way to get both the driver and the owner off the hook. Maybe they just didn't think of it in time to make it seem like a plausible story.

I think you are right. I also doubt Colt would do a donut in front of a cop. From what I've seen and read, it looks more like an action CN would pull. Plus, CN lived on Long Hollow with his grandparents. Why would Colt drive in that direction?? Smells like CN in the driver seat, IMO.

Ok, but why wouldn't CH call for ambulance? He knows he has to get to hospital no getting around that, why wouldn't he call the cops either? The seriousness of his injury has got to outweigh his possible probation violation in the passenger scenario. She called and for some reason she hung up. She was probably the more prudent of the three but she was convinced to hang up.
JMO of possible events
For whatever reason CH is driving, doesn't know the road and crashes. Breaks ankle. Maybe there is Meth around the area or CN knows he is in deep because of car. (Maybe after the wreck the car was primary concern for CN and decided to go with a "stolen" car scenario) They can't be found near car so CN carries CH for a while piggy back. CN is lost too, the woods are so different at night I can't even explain it to those that don't know) Nothing is familiar. They try this for two hours, even more lost and now CN is exhausted. (The 911 call).CN convinces her he can make it home, CH doesn't want to get in trouble, she hangs up. CN strikes out for help alone, after several hours MM is thinking now and is really worried about CH, the "upset" phone call. CH dies early morning, MM strikes out on her own, CH hasn't returned yet. CN makes it home, returns to help, and finds CH deceased where he left him. Where's MM? He drives the roads and finds her, now he has a big problem. (1) dead and (1) witness. Maybe there were drugs involved, maybe that was why no cops were called. Either way, after the wreck they are all together. CN doesn't leave them to go home immediately, they would have called friends much sooner. CN is with them in the creek bed I think. If he is intent on doing harm to these two, he would have found them sooner and they would have made references about him looking for them. CH's death was the catalyst. When that happened CYA mode kicked in and MM was a liability. It was not well thought out, it would never have happened if he realized the phone calls were made. The cover up was planned. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Why would they seperate immediately after wreck? When they get out of car they know no one is around, they can see the lights though. Why would those two split off from the one person that probably knows his way around? They are friends until the crash, why not stick together? Maybe they were mad but to walk into a wilderness type of area vs following your friend home....even if you did it from a distance.

Ok, but why wouldn't CH call for ambulance? He knows he has to get to hospital no getting around that, why wouldn't he call the cops either? The seriousness of his injury has got to outweigh his possible probation violation in the passenger scenario. She called and for some reason she hung up. She was probably the more prudent of the three but she was convinced to hang up.
JMO of possible events
For whatever reason CH is driving, doesn't know the road and crashes. Breaks ankle. Maybe there is Meth around the area or CN knows he is in deep because of car. (Maybe after the wreck the car was primary concern for CN and decided to go with a "stolen" car scenario) They can't be found near car so CN carries CH for a while piggy back. CN is lost too, the woods are so different at night I can't even explain it to those that don't know) Nothing is familiar. They try this for two hours, even more lost and now CN is exhausted. (The 911 call).CN convinces her he can make it home, CH doesn't want to get in trouble, she hangs up. CN strikes out for help alone, after several hours MM is thinking now and is really worried about CH, the "upset" phone call. CH dies early morning, MM strikes out on her own, CH hasn't returned yet. CN makes it home, returns to help, and finds CH deceased where he left him. Where's MM? He drives the roads and finds her, now he has a big problem. (1) dead and (1) witness. Maybe there were drugs involved, maybe that was why no cops were called. Either way, after the wreck they are all together. CN doesn't leave them to go home immediately, they would have called friends much sooner. CN is with them in the creek bed I think. If he is intent on doing harm to these two, he would have found them sooner and they would have made references about him looking for them. CH's death was the catalyst. When that happened CYA mode kicked in and MM was a liability. It was not well thought out, it would never have happened if he realized the phone calls were made. The cover up was planned. Anyway, just my thoughts.

I agree drugs were probably involved. They all could have been high on something too, so their thinking may have been warped. I'm pretty convinced they scattered right after the car came to a stop, because Molly's purse was found in the car. Seems like she didn't take the time to find it or she was told not to bother looking for it. CH could have been driving, but IMO, since it was CN's girlfriends car, it makes more sense he was the culprit. Yet, we still don't know how the evening started and why they were all together in that car in the first place. Anything is possible, I suppose. Hopefully, the truth will all come to light someday soon.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member