OK - Pastor's body found burned near Chickasha church, Jun 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it was an especially torturous suicide, a fire cleansing, almost a ritual death in expiation of past (and current?) misdeeds and desires.

Sounds like someone tracked him down and took care of him...

I agree with ya!

Many of Walworth parishioners said they knew Michael's last name to be Willits, and although his Facebook page also states his name as Willits, Weaver confirmed the victim's last name as Walworth.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

http://www.normantranscript.com/new...cle_4b118426-52b3-11e7-ae5e-57b5aa3bd3e2.html

According to that, the parishioners knew about his alias. I guess they are forgiving and believe in second chances. I'd be wary and find a different church but that's my nature.

Christian -- and particularly Protestant -- doctrine is about the forgiveness of sins, no matter their degree.

I know that. I'm Protestant. People say they wouldn't be comfortable around a gun owner. I would share that sentiment and say I wouldn't feel comfortable attending the church of an established molester. JMO.

One of my relatives was murdered. I was small then. We were attending a church. We were fine there as my mom was in a choir and I liked Sunday School. But one day the alleged killer attended. Our family asked the pastor why and he said all were welcome. He stated we were all on a sacred journey and that we need to commit to travel respectfully and in support of our fellow journeyers. Needless to say, we left. It's up to everyone interested to find the church that best fits them.

I go to a Christian church and there is no way they would allow a convicted child molester to be a Pastor let alone in leadership. Yes they can attend the church services, but they wouldn't be given any kind of authority over the congregation. There is forgiveness and there is being smart.

I go to a Christian church and there is no way they would allow a convicted child molester to be a Pastor let alone in leadership. Yes they can attend the church services, but they wouldn't be given any kind of authority over the congregation. There is forgiveness and there is being smart.

:goodpost:

I'd say the "pastor" was still fighting some demons, and he lost.

For LE to say that this is "an isolated incident" and that there is "no further danger to the public" indicates imo that they know this was a specifically targeted crime, or non-homicide, which I dont see how that could be, but who knows.

I'm sure this thread would be filled with concern and condolences, was he not a sex offender. Jmo.

JUST MY OPINION,

i'm thinking someone found something out about his SO status, and killed him,
someone from his past connected to some 'incident' came back, and killed him,
something shady involving him happened recently, and someone killed him,
or, he self immolated which is absolutely horrible and he must have done something either really bad to do that, that is a punishment suicide if i ever heard of one.

what i don't think is that this was a random crime and the person who is responsible is going to go willy nilly and start randomly burning children... i would be nervous if i were a person with a sexual crime record though. i do think it's isolated to him personally, for whatever reason... i'm sure the perp will be caught pretty quick and the motive will be known once this goes through law enforcement investigation and the legal system.

i can forgive anyone who abused me in the past, but fool me once... i don't trust them ever again.

The longer it takes the ME to announce this man's COD, the more I am leaning toward suicide (self-immolation). I had never heard of this term until wfgodot linked the article regarding this form of suicide. Very shocking!

The longer it takes the ME to announce this man's COD, the more I am leaning toward suicide (self-immolation). I had never heard of this term until wfgodot linked the article regarding this form of suicide. Very shocking!

The doctor who went on the rampage at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital last Friday attempted to set himself ablaze after killing one and wounding six, but then wound up fatally shooting himself.

The doctor who went on the rampage at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital last Friday attempted to set himself ablaze after killing one and wounding six, but then wound up fatally shooting himself.

Ugh! So horrible! I had not heard of this shooting. It's so traumatic for everyone involved and even if you escape physical injury, the sight of seeing another set themselves on fire is something you never forget. I hope self immolation is not trending.

Ugh! So horrible! I had not heard of this shooting. It's so traumatic for everyone involved and even if you escape physical injury, the sight of seeing another set themselves on fire is something you never forget. I hope self immolation is not trending.
There's a WS case -- in the South; can't remember the name -- in which a young woman in her vehicle was burned to death (she staggered out and fell, dying). I was convinced it was self-immolation (even though a former bf of hers has been arrested and awaits trial) and, in the course of justifying my opinion, looked up as many incidents of self-immolation in vehicles as I could find online. Astonishingly, there were a good many -- more that I thought, and I was the one proposing the theory in the first place. In vehicles alone.

There's a WS case -- in the South; can't remember the name -- in which a young woman in her vehicle was burned to death (she staggered out and fell, dying). I was convinced it was self-immolation (even though a former bf of hers has been arrested and awaits trial) and, in the course of justifying my opinion, looked up as many incidents of self-immolation in vehicles as I could find online. Astonishingly, there were a good many -- more that I thought, and I was the one proposing the theory in the first place. In vehicles alone.

Interesting! I've always been fascinated by stories of human spontaneous combustion. So to find out there are people who decide to end their lives with fire is equally intriguing. Being alone in a vehicle and setting yourself on fire - there are just no words.

It would be a shame (and cruel) if the bf was wrongly convicted. I hope LE got it right.

I just can't help but think this pastor could have self-immolated as some sort of religious belief he held. Especially after reading about the monks and self-immolation.

Interesting! I've always been fascinated by stories of human spontaneous combustion. So to find out there are people who decide to end their lives with fire is equally intriguing. Being alone in a vehicle and setting yourself on fire - there are just no words.

It would be a shame (and cruel) if the bf was wrongly convicted. I hope LE got it right.

I just can't help but think this pastor could have self-immolated as some sort of religious belief he held. Especially after reading about the monks and self-immolation.
Me too on SHC!

This poor guy -- I think he fell prey to the purgatorical notion of cleansing by fire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom
Back