OK OK - Patricia Taylor, 14, Tulsa County, 1 Jan 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That makes sense @carbuff. I am usually on my mobile phone and do the same - copy, paste and then I have to edit it. (I'm sure there's a way to 'post with/without formatting' from my phone, I just haven't figured it out) Then I go back and attach links to the actual NamUs profiles and edit a little bit. But it's a little different when I do it from my desktop. lol, It's time-consuming but I don't mind doing it. It has exposed to me cases I wouldn't have otherwise seen.

I'm also not sure exactly what others can and cannot see. Depending on what country they're in or what operating system, etc. they're using (compared to my own). I've seen a couple of other people who post screenshots and whatnot and I have shied away from the 'bigger' cases or ones with longer lists, but I agree with you about some consistency. Also about the main goal is to share the information.

I will help however I can even if that means leaving the 'rule out/exclusion/RO' lists to the professionals! :) Please message me if there's anything I can do to help you! I'm very much accepting of constructive criticism!

I appreciate you!

Aw thanks, I appreciate you too! And you are doing an absolutely fantastic job so far. I don't usually bother to add the links for UID exclusions; as long as the case number is there, people can look it up. It's more complicated with with missing people, since the listed information isn't very helpful, so I really appreciate the time you took to do that.

I haven't yet found a copy-without-formatting that works on any of my devices :p

And while some of us have been here longer than others, we're all just volunteers working for a common cause. Even our hardworking moderators (Hi mods! You're doing great!) are volunteers. And we're glad you and all the other new members are here. (Hi @Verity1215! Welcome! Jump right in, the water's fine!)

Aw thanks, I appreciate you too! And you are doing an absolutely fantastic job so far. I don't usually bother to add the links for UID exclusions; as long as the case number is there, people can look it up. It's more complicated with with missing people, since the listed information isn't very helpful, so I really appreciate the time you took to do that.

I haven't yet found a copy-without-formatting that works on any of my devices :p

And while some of us have been here longer than others, we're all just volunteers working for a common cause. Even our hardworking moderators (Hi mods! You're doing great!) are volunteers. And we're glad you and all the other new members are here. (Hi @Verity1215! Welcome! Jump right in, the water's fine!)

Thank you @carbuff ! :) I have a ton of respect for so many of you whose hard work and dedication to all these victims does not go unnoticed! I want to help anyway I can but won’t be offended if someone tells me, “hey girl! back up, we got this!” :D No, I just don’t want to step on toes so if you see I’d be more of a help doing something in particular let me know ;) I’ll probably stop attaching links then. Bless Virginia and their efforts to match MP with UID, but I think I have memorized all the info for each UID/MP listed in NamUs for VA. lol I may just link ones that are new or whatever. Maybe there’s a way to create a thread or Doc that everyone who posts exclusions can access and are able to copy and paste the format.... ok, no that seems counterproductive :D

And yes! Mods y’all are wonderful!!!!

Truly,
Madam Overthinker

Patricia didn't match any of these UIDs:
UP2813 07/10/1991 Union AR
UP4694 12/16/1988 Dade GA
UP46 10/05/1980 Clark NV
UP15630 07/03/1984 Cuyahoga OH
UP8761 11/14/2007 Pottawatomie OK
UP1579 01/01/1985 Campbell TN
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

patricia_lynn_taylor_1.jpg

taylor_patricia_ap.jpg

Age-progression to age 55 (circa 2020)

Patricia Lynn Taylor was 15 years old when she was last seen on August 1st, 1981.

Patricia was living with relatives in Grand Forks, North Dakota in December 1978. She was taken back to Oklahoma six months later. Once she return back to Oklahoma she was placed into Oklahoma's Department of Human Services (DHS) custody.

Patricia was then placed in six different facilities for child in DHS care. The last of theses was the Tulsa Girls Group Home July 1981. This is where she was last seen. They declared her a runaway after she disappeared. DHS closed out her case when she aged out of their custody at age eighteen.

Patricia has a large family, including at least five half siblings. Her family requested in 2015, 30 years after not hearing from her, that police open up a missing persons case. Her family is still looking for Patricia or any clues of where she could be. There is a Facebook page dedicated to Patricia, that the family continues to keep updated.

When Patricia was last seen she was 5’7”, between 110-120 pounds. She had red hair and green eyes. She has a tattoo of an “S” on her right arm. She has a scar on her right hip and a circular birthmark on her right knee.

If you have any information on Patricia’s case please contact the Tulsa Police Department at (918)596-9222.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP31371

Patricia Lynn Taylor – The Charley Project

(1) Searching for Patricia -Patsi- Lynn Taylor | Facebook

Patricia Lynn Taylor — Oklahoma Cold Cases

Help. Where should links like this go?
Criminal Investigations | City of OKC

https://www.tulsapolice.org/content/cold-casesmissing-persons-(1).aspx

Tulsa Police Department - Homepage

This is cool. I haven’t heard of it before. I’m gonna put it here for now. I hope y’all don’t mind I post it here for safe keeping:

The purpose of the Missing Persons Unit is to effectively investigate persons whose whereabouts are unknown. The Missing Persons Unit utilizes resources such as A Child is Missing, Silver Alerts, and CareTrak to locate missing adults and juveniles.

Unit Phone Number: (405) 297-1129

Care Trak
What is Care Trak?
Care Trak is a program that issues bracelets which emit a radio frequency to help Oklahoma City Police officers to electronically locate at-risk people who have wandered off or gone missing. Care Trak has been used nationally since 1986, and with it thousands of missing persons have been located.

Bracelets look similar to a watch, can be worn on a wrist or ankle and are meant to be worn 24 hours a day. They are waterproof and include a thick band which can only be removed by a caregiver. In the event your loved one goes missing, call the Oklahoma City Police Department to report the missing person and tell the dispatcher that he or she is wearing a Care Trak Bracelet.

Who qualifies to participate in Care Trak?
The person must live in Oklahoma City limits, have a responsible adult that monitor's their daily activities and be diagnosed with one of the following:
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Dementia
• Autism
• Down Syndrome
• Traumatic Brain Injury
• Cognitive Impairment

How do I get Care Trak for my loved one?
Call Sunbeam Family Services at (405) 528-7721 to enroll in the Care Trak program.
How much does Care Trak Cost?
• Sunbeam Family Services offers Care Trak on a sliding scale based on income.
• Scholarship applications and payment plans are available.
• There are no membership fees associated with Care Trak.

Useful Links:
CareTrak: www.caretrak.com
Sunbeam Family Services: http://sunbeamfamilyservices.org/programs/senior-services/care-trak/

I know it's a little early, bumping for Patricia today.
She's been missing 41 years this month.
I went searching for her FB page, and clicked on the FB link to her page found here, but it's no longer available.
Anyone know what's up with that?

I went searching for her FB page, and clicked on the FB link to her page found here, but it's no longer available.

I deleted my fb page so it took hers down as well, I am working on finding another admin I can reactivate it with and still manage it. My NCMEC contact sent me information on uploading DNA from Ancestry to GEDMatch and that way it is available to LE. I haven't had time to get this done but am working towards it. My question on that is this: I had her father (from Prison in Colorado w/the help of their faculty) submit his DNA so that Patty's dna profile would be complete. Databases only contained mine (half sister) and my mother's (her mom, too) submissions (saliva). But after her father agreed to share his dna and that made her sample true and complete, how can I get that uploaded into GEDMatch?? Rather than mine?
Hope all is well and I teared up on regular posts made on Patty's birthday. I appreciate each and every one of them.

I deleted my fb page so it took hers down as well, I am working on finding another admin I can reactivate it with and still manage it. My NCMEC contact sent me information on uploading DNA from Ancestry to GEDMatch and that way it is available to LE. I haven't had time to get this done but am working towards it. My question on that is this: I had her father (from Prison in Colorado w/the help of their faculty) submit his DNA so that Patty's dna profile would be complete. Databases only contained mine (half sister) and my mother's (her mom, too) submissions (saliva). But after her father agreed to share his dna and that made her sample true and complete, how can I get that uploaded into GEDMatch?? Rather than mine?
Hope all is well and I teared up on regular posts made on Patty's birthday. I appreciate each and every one of them.
Hope all is well for you, too.
Thank you so much for updating us, I was concerned as I check in often on her FB page.
Who is holding Patricia's father's DNA profile? If Namus/CODIS is holding it, I would ask the NamUs rep if it's possible for it to be upload to GEDMatch. If that's not something they are able to do, I would ask the investigator on her case if they would. If all else fails, you may have get another sample from her father using Ancestry, etc. Once you have his DNA data file, you can register it under a different name to keep it separate from yours, and upload it.

Patricia Lynn Taylor went missing in August of 1981- she was 15 years old.

"Patsi" was last seen August 31, 1981, when she ran away from the Tulsa Girl's Group home that she had been placed in. Due to problems at home, Patsi had been moved around a lot from 1979-1981. She was in the custody at the time of Oklahoma's DHS, and there is a letter dated in 1994 stating that Patsi had run away, and when she turned 18 they had closed out the case. At the time that Patsti ran away, she possibly had been workin at one of the Sonic restaurants in Tulsa.

Patsi's sister is still avidly looking for her, and has submitted DNA in Patsi's case. The case has also been featured on the Unfound Podcast.

If you have any information on the whereabouts or disappearance of Patricia "Patsi" Lynn Taylor please contact Joe Campbell at the Tulsa Police Department
(918) 596-9143
https://www.facebook.com/patricialynntaylornov23196/
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/31371/details

*i know this isn’t updated info. I felt the need to bump her name…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back