OK OK - Patricia Taylor, 14, Tulsa County, 1 Jan 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was it like to get a social security number around that time? I wonder if she had one, or what to information she needed to get one if not. I truly hope she is out there somewhere. I did a fb search of different name variations she may use, and there are quite a lot of people with her name, or variances of it. Two of them stood out to me in particular.

We're about the same age. I was issued a SSN when I was born. Not sure if that was the same for every state at the time, though.

It wasn't required until around when my youngest was born, which would be 1990+/-
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, Carbuff. They started issuing them at birth in the late 80s. Maybe I didn't get mine at birth, it just seems like I've had it since I was very young because I remember finding the card in my mom's fire safe box when I was little.

Hello. I'd like to update here about a few new facts we've learned about my sister.

<snipped>

Thank you!

Hi April

You say Patti was born in California, but after her stay in ND she ended up being shunted around various children's facilities in OK. Sorry if this seems a daft question, but did the family as a whole relocate from CA to OK (so that she was later sent to facilities near her family) or did she end up in OK more or less on her own and isolated from her family?

Secondly, I notice that once bouncing around the OK children's system she had several very short stays but also a couple of longer ones, ie:

Owasso Baptist Children's Home Sept 1979 to Sept 1980

Whitaker Orphanage Sept 1980 to June 1981

I'm wondering whether she stayed somewhere long enough to make a friend or two, and if so is it possible that she ran away with a friend rather than on her own (assuming she really did run away, that is)? Do you know if other teenagers, male or female, went missing from these specific facilities at or around the same time?

Alternatively, I wonder if someone she regarded as a friend left the system before Patti's disappearance and Patti later left looking for them.

I had similar questions, too, Melmoth.
I read on her FB page that there is one friend they're trying to track down based on a picture they have of Patricia and that friend, but haven't had any luck so far.
I'm not sure if DHS could tell them of other teens that were in their care that may have also gone missing at the same time due to confidentiality, but I have wondered that myself, if she took off with someone.

It wasn't required until around when my youngest was born, which would be 1990+/-

When I had my son in 1985, the forms (birth certificate and social security card) were given to us at the hospital, but only birth certificate was required for discharge.
When I had my daughter in 1993, they asked for both birth certificate and social security card to be handed in before they would discharge you.

I had similar questions, too, Melmoth.
I read on her FB page that there is one friend they're trying to track down based on a picture they have of Patricia and that friend, but haven't had any luck so far.
I'm not sure if DHS could tell them of other teens that were in their care that may have also gone missing at the same time due to confidentiality, but I have wondered that myself, if she took off with someone.

They may not be able to tell her, but they surely could try to contact that person themselves.

When I had my son in 1985, the forms (birth certificate and social security card) were given to us at the hospital, but only birth certificate was required for discharge.
When I had my daughter in 1993, they asked for both birth certificate and social security card to be handed in before they would discharge you

(Snipped for focus)

Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't required for middlest in 1985. We got the card at birth for youngest in 1989, but I can't remember whether it was required or we just did it then because it was convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patricia's FB page has been updated with some new information.
Thanks to the recent video put out about her case, they've been in touch with someone who knew Patricia from church, who gave her the necklace she's seen wearing in her picture. Her sister also states they have two more recent pictures but I'm not sure they were posted yet or will be posted.

Patricia's FB page has been updated with some new information.
Thanks to the recent video put out about her case, they've been in touch with someone who knew Patricia from church, who gave her the necklace she's seen wearing in her picture. Her sister also states they have two more recent pictures but I'm not sure they were posted yet or will be posted.

Here is the post, below is the newer pic post
Searching for Patricia -Patsi- Lynn Taylor - 22 hrs ·
For many years this was the picture we all believed to be the latest picture there was of her, we now have two more. We believed this to be a school picture, we now know it was Owasso School. What is that necklace and where did it come from? It could speak volumes if we were to find a jane doe case with only a necklace as evidence for identification. Well, thanks to our NCMEC video we have found someone who knew our Patsi and who is the one who gave her this necklace! She has been a joy to talk to over the last few days. The necklace is peridot which matches Patsi's eyes and we now have another piece of the puzzle complete! Thank you ALL for your continuing support. I am excited for this new leg in our journey.

NotLastPic.jpg

Hello. I'd like to update here about a few new facts we've learned about my sister. She did have an "S" tattoo on her right arm (not sure what part of the arm), a birthmark on her right knee is the shape of a circle and a scar on her right thigh from an old cut she had. I also have an updated timeline of where she was from the time she was brought back from North Dakota and a couple of new pics, they are not the greatest resolution though. I have already been contacted about the Jane Doe with the "S" tattoo, Namus#46 but at this time I don't think they are a match just due to timeline.

I was also able to obtain all of her records from DHS from when she was in their care and she went by Patsy. (Or Patsi)

She was living with family in North Dakota due to her family circumstances and ultimately brought back to Oklahoma to Canadian County shelter. From there she was in several state facilities and her timeline is as follows:

She was brought back from North Dakota to Canadian County Shelter May 1979 to June 1979

Lloyd E Rader from June 1979 to Sept 1979

Owasso Baptist Children's Home Sept 1979 to Sept 1980

Whitaker Orphanage Sept 1980 to June 1981

Taft June 1981 to July 1981

Tulsa Girl's Group Home July 1981 to August 1981 when she ran away.

Case was closed in 1983 when she would have aged out.

attachment.php
attachment.php
cleardot.gif

Thank you!

I wasn't sure if those were the pictures her sister was referring to in her recent FB post or if there were others in addition to those two above because she posted those on here awhile ago but the FB post was very recent.

I wasn't sure if those were the pictures her sister was referring to in her recent FB post or if there were others in addition to those two above because she posted those on here awhile ago but the FB post was very recent.

She's talking about those 2, she uses one as the page's profile pic

Arroyo Jane Doe and Walker County Jane Doe are the only ones I can get them to list as officially ruled out. Is there anyone who knows the exact process with CODIS and what it takes to get DNA compared to another JD?? They are telling me that if it was in CODIS then it should have run against it, but the detective on this case told me they my sister and Arroyo hadn't been compared yet.

Arroyo Jane Doe and Walker County Jane Doe are the only ones I can get them to list as officially ruled out. Is there anyone who knows the exact process with CODIS and what it takes to get DNA compared to another JD?? They are telling me that if it was in CODIS then it should have run against it, but the detective on this case told me they my sister and Arroyo hadn't been compared yet.

I would reach out to Dustin @ NamUs, he's the contact person for Arroyo's case. I bet he could tell you for sure and he's super nice. You can find his contact email and number on the contact page here: https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/46

I came on here to mention the Jane doe with the "s" tattoo also on the right arm, but it's a rule out. She does resemble the reconstructions, especially in the eyes.

I came on here to mention the Jane doe with the "s" tattoo also on the right arm, but it's a rule out. She does resemble the reconstructions, especially in the eyes.

Arroyo Jane - NamUs UP #46
Exclusions - The following 19 people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Tammy Akers 1962 Virginia
Sandra Butler 1962 Nevada
Sandra Butler 1962 Nevada
Terry Collier 1948 California
Carla Corley 1965 Pennsylvania
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Kimberly Doss 1962 Florida
Rachael Garden 1964 New Hampshire
Cindy Haumann 1959 Arizona
Sandra Landrum 1957 Georgia
Debbie McCall 1963 Illinois
Marilyn Milligan * 1966 Missouri
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Carol Roberts 1958 Florida
Cheryl Scherer 1959 Missouri
Rosie Schlicker 1958 Kansas
Suzanne Schultz 1961 Wisconsin
Patricia Taylor 1965 Oklahoma
Debra Vowell 1957 California

That was an good podcast. Added some dimension to her disappearance.

Possibly the UID commonly known as Iola Jane Doe? NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4611 and Doe Network pages: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/543uftx.html. This Jane Doe was found in Grimes County, Texas on 29 October 1981. It is believed that she died sometime between 1976 and earlier in 1981. She had red hair and is thought to have been 13-19 years old, 5'1"-5'5" tall, and may have weighed around 110 pounds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3
Back