OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I recieved a call back from the lady that works in human resources at Avis she said that she is going to check into this she is not sure if she will find anything because of the employment being such a long time ago but she said that she will be happy to do whatever it is she can to assist! Keep those fingers crossed everbody.

Does anybody know where in Kentucky Floyd was arrested at and was he pulled over or was he at a persons house? and does Floyd have reletives in Kentucky?

mel36 said:
Does anybody know where in Kentucky Floyd was arrested at and was he pulled over or was he at a persons house? and does Floyd have reletives in Kentucky?
Floyd was working as a salesman at a used car lot called JD Byrider Sales, located on Preston Highway in Louisville. FBI agents and local police surrounded the car lot and arrested him.

someone posted up a link on the anna waters thread about a website where you can search for missing friends classmates,. birthparents family and a way more stuff. i was on there doing some random searches and came up with nothing but.. was thinking what if sharon was given up for adoption? her mom was to young to care for her and someone adopted her out someone who was shady or something and met up with floyd or knew floyd and was waiting for the right moment to give him sharon? does that make sence or does it sound far fetched?

I definitely think that's possible. We hear about so many women who don't want their children or can't afford to take care of them, so they either kill them, abandon them, or put them up for adoption (or give them to someone in an "illegal adoption"). I really think just about anything is possible.

That was a great idea to add Sharon's high school to her MySpace page. One of her friends from high school found the page and emailed me. She also posted a bulletin letting her friends know about it, and I soon got an email from another friend of Sharon's. Both of them are very happy that we have a page for her and are trying to find her identity.

I am soo happy that they have contacted you my hope is that they might have some info that they can share that will help either way though its nice that they emailed.
Gina_M said:
That was a great idea to add Sharon's high school to her MySpace page. One of her friends from high school found the page and emailed me. She also posted a bulletin letting her friends know about it, and I soon got an email from another friend of Sharon's. Both of them are very happy that we have a page for her and are trying to find her identity.

From the timeline:

January 27th, 1973/Franklin attempts to kidnap a young woman in Atlanta, Georgia. His court appearance is scheduled for June 11, 1973.

February 2, 1973/ Franklin is taken into custody for attack on woman in Atlanta, Georgia. Franklin calls David Dial and he posts 3,000 dollar bail.

Late February, 1973/ Floyd vanishes. It is later learned that he is staying with David Dial and had began working at Avis Car Rentals at the Atlanta Airport.

1973-1975/ Franklin obtains a little girl (who is now known as Sharon Marshall) from somewhere. Nobody to this day knows when he got her, where he got her, or from whom.
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/8uftx.html

1975/ Franklin begins to work in the Oklahoma school system under the alias Trenton Davis and later in August 1975 enrolls Sharon as his daughter "Suzanne Davis."

Does anyone have any good ideas about finding out Floyd's where-abouts in this time period ? Since this is when he got Sharon.

someone posted on the anna waters thread about a missing and adopted website where they have a trillion post about anything from lost friends to family to adopted people. what if we posted info on sharon and floyd and see if anyone responds we could even use a few links such as doe. websleuths. mattbirkbeck.com her myspace page what do you think?

I think thats a great idea.
smile22 said:
someone posted on the anna waters thread about a missing and adopted website where they have a trillion post about anything from lost friends to family to adopted people. what if we posted info on sharon and floyd and see if anyone responds we could even use a few links such as doe. websleuths. mattbirkbeck.com her myspace page what do you think?

Gina_M said:

Gina, this is great news! Myspace has worked in our favor once again! Myspace had gotten so much bad publicity for so long. Even though there are some not so good things on there, there a a lot of pages that are doing good things. Please keep us posted on what Sharon's friends have to say.

Sharon's friends are very nice ladies. They were heartbroken when they found out the truth about her. What they've told me about her just reiterates / confirms what we know about Sharon and Floyd. Sharon was very sweet, smart, and fun to be around. Floyd was a weirdo and no one liked him. He actually used to come and sit with them during the football games. I had read elsewhere (probably in A Beautiful Child) that he used to come with her on dates and sit with them in the movie theater too. What a weirdo he is. Some thought he was either an overprotective father or an abusive father, but other kids at school had overprotective or abusive parents too. No one had any idea he'd actually kidnapped her.

Aside from the boyfriend referred to in ABC (Curtis), she had another boyfriend who has since passed away. He hated Floyd and wanted to kill him.

Gina_M said:
As I was looking through the pics that were published in the insert of "A Beautiful Child", something occurred to me. In the pic whose caption reads "Sharon and her son Michael, circa 1989", I think Michael bears quite a resemblance to Lori Peugeot. Compare to this picture of Lori:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=4260

Sorry I can't post the pic of Michael...anyone know if this particular pic is available online anywhere?
Oh my God, that is unbelievable. I totally see a resemblance. Not just with Michael, but even between the adult Sharon Marshall and Linda Mae Peugeot (who would of course be her mother, if there's a connection). Interesting find. Do you happen to know how the person at the Porchlight website found this old Maryland newspaper article?

edited to add, that I did find more info about them on the Charley Project..even though someone on Porchlight say there's nothing on them available online..fwiw. Anyway, I am just blown away by the overal resemblances between them all.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peugeot_linda.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peugeot_lori.html

Thought I'd move this over here, it had some interesting comments from author of A Beautiful Child, Matt Birkbeck

Matt's answers!!!

Hi Matt,

Here are the questions that were submitted by the members at Websleuths.

I tried to omit some of the questions that have already been answered in the book.

If there is any other new information, evidence, suspected crimes, aliases, places of residence, possible matches, etc… that wasn’t known at the time the book was published will you please give us an update? Your personal opinion on the case would be appreciated, too.

1. Are you aware of any other crimes Franklin Floyd is suspected of committing that have not been discussed on WS or in the book?

NO.

2. Have the adoptive parents of Sharon’s children been contacted for DNA samples or contacted LE to inquire about the case involving their child’s biological mother’s bizarre upbringing? Have they expressed fear FDF would come for the other children?

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO SHARON’S FIRST CHILD. MICHAEL WAS THE SECOND. THE THIRD, A GIRL, WAS ADOPTED BY A COUPLE IN NEW ORLEANS. LE KNOWS THEIR IDENTITIES, BUT UNLESS PROMPTED BY OKC POLICE (WHO STILL HAVE AN OPEN INVESTIGATION INTO SHARON’S DEATH) NO ONE CAN LEGALLY CONTACT THE PARENTS OR SEEK A DNA SAMPLE.

3. What is your opinion as to why Floyd had Sharon put the other children up for adoption but let her keep Michael?

GOOD QUESTION. MY ONLY THOUGHT IS THAT MICHAEL WAS A REPLACEMENT FOR SHARON TO SERVE AS FLOYD’S NEW “TOY” MUCH LIKE SHARON DID. HORRENDOUS THOUGHT, BUT ONLY ONE THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.

4. Do you believe a man contacted LE claiming to be Sharon’s father? Have you talked to anyone from the OCPD about the alleged confession? If not, do you plan to?

NO, THERE WAS NO CONFESSION OR CONTACT. I’M IN CONSTANT TOUCH WITH FEDERAL OFFICIALS, INCLUDING THE U.S. ATTORNEY AND FBI, AND NO ONE IS FAMILIAR WITH THAT.

5. Other than the aliases that are already listed, are you aware of any other aliases for FDF & Sharon?

NO, YOU’VE JUST ABOUT GOT THEM ALL.

AKA’s for:

FranklinDelano Floyd Unknown Female

Charles Hughes Suzanne Davis

Clarence Marcus Hughes Sharon Marshall

TrentonDavis Tanya Dawn Tadlock

Warren Judson Marshall Sharon L. Marshall

Preston Morgan

Kingfish Floyd

Whistle Britches Floyd

Franklin D, Floyd

Franklin Floyd

6. Mooner123 has obtained a background report with conflicting info about a

previous address. Was the West Dr, address in Forest Park or Riverdale?

I BELIEVE THAT WAS FORESTPARK. I VISITED THE HOUSE AND DESCRIBE IT IN THE BOOK.

7. Is there any new info to fill in the missing years in the timeline?

YES. SHARON AND FLOYD LIVED IN PHOENIX IN 1980 to 1981. I WAS CONTACTED BY A MAN WHO KNEW SHARON WELL (HE WAS JUST A BOY AT THE TIME). THEY WERE BOTH IN THE SAME ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. HE FORWARDED PHOTOS, ETC.

8. Have you found out any more about what FreedomVillage is? Was that the postmark on the letter or did the contents of the letter state it was being sent from FreedomVillage?

IT’S SOUTHWEST OF CHICAGO.

9. Are you still in regular contact with LE about the case?

JUST ABOUT EVERY WEEK. THEY CALL ME, I CALL THEM.

10. There is some confusion about the doctor’s prognosis of Sharon’s injuries? Was she expected to recover fully or were they doubtful because of the blow to the head?

AS DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK, SHARON WAS FULLY EXPECTED TO SURVIVE. IT’S CLEAR SHE TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE AFTER THE VISIT FROM FLOYD, WHO IS BELIEVED TO HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO KEEP HER FROM REGAINING CONCIOUSNESS.

11. What is your personal opinion about FDF’s involvement in the hit&run and the method he used to kill her in the hospital?

THERE IS SOME THOUGHT THAT SHARON DID NOT DIE IN A HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT, BUT THAT FLOYD HIT HER IN THE HEAD IN THE MOTEL, THEN PLACED HER BODY ON THE ROAD WITH SOME OF THE EVIDENCE (PAINT CHIPS, ANTENNA, FOOD, ETC). CAN’T EXPLAIN THE SKID MARKS.

IT’S CLEAR FLOYD TOOK HER TO OKC TO KILL HER AFTER LEARNING SHE WAS GOING TO LEAVE HIM.

AS FOR THE HER DEATH IN THE HOSPITAL, KNOW ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.

12. Do you know what Della Floyd’s last husband’s name (or the surname) was

and what cemetery she is buried in?

I RECALL THAT SHE’S BURIED NEAR CHICAGO, THOUGH I’M NOT SURE WHAT THAT HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING. SHE DIED LONG BEFORE FLOYD GOT OUT OF PRISON.

13. Do you know the name of the OK elementary school Suzanne was enrolled in?

Is that the school FDF worked at? I CAN’T FIND THAT ANYWHERE!!

YES, I HAVE THAT IN MY FILES BUT WILL HAVE TO LOOK. WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT ONE.

14. Are you considering writing a part 2 as more developments occur?

I’M STILL VERY MUCH INVOLVED IN THE SEARCH FOR SHARON’S IDENTITY, THOUGH IT’S DOUBTFULL I’D WRITE ANOTHER BOOK ABOUT IT. PERHAPS A MAGAZINE PIECE.

15. Any new info about Michael?

YES. I JUST HEARD FROM FLOYD’S SISTER LAST WEEK, WHO VISITED HIM IN PRISON, AND HE’S APPARENTLY READY TO TELL THE FBI WHERE MICHAEL IS BURIED. IT’S THE FIRST TIME FLOYD HAS ADMITTED THAT MICHAEL IS DEAD, BUT I WOULDN’T GET TOO EXCITED. SOUNDS LIKE A PLOY ON FLOYD’S PART TO GET OFF OF DEATH ROW, OR AT THE LEAST GET BETTER FOOD.

16. Do you have a picture of Rebecca Barr that you can share with us?

NO.

17. How extensively has she been investigated & interrogated?

THE FBI LOOKED AT HER, DAVID DIAL, AND THE ORPHAN HOME IN DEPTH. NONE OF THEM HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHARON.

18. Do you know who LE has considered possible matches for the mystery woman?

NO. AND THERE’S NO NEED TO FOCUS ON HER. THE PHOTO FOUND IN FLOYD’S WALLET WAS SIMPLY A CUTOUT FROM A LOCAL NEWSPAPER. SHE COULD HAVE BEEN A STRIPPER, PROSTITUTE OR JUST SOMETHING HE FOUND FASCINATING. AND YES, HE COULD EVEN HAVE KILLED HER AND KEPT THE PHOTO AS A TROPHY. LE HAS LOOKED INTO IT EXTENSIVELY, BUT NOTHING.

19. Do you have access to the photo Sharon showed to Jennifer claiming it was her mother?

NO.

20. Is there any other info we didn’t inquire about that you feel is important in our search efforts?

21. What research have you read on WS so far that you would consider irrelevant to the case or a waste of time? Any suggestions??

I’M GOING TO ANSWER THE LAST TWO QUESTIONS WITH ONE…I ADMIRE THE WORK YOU ALL ARE DOING. I WOULD CAUTION THOUGH NOT TO CHASE EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. I ALSO STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ANYONE INVOLVED IN THIS SEARCH READ THE BOOK. I CHECK IN FROM TIME TO TIME AND SEE SO MANY QUESTIONS RAISED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE STORY. IT DRAGS EVERYONE DOWN…WITH A COMPLICATED CASE SUCH AS THIS, YOU NEED TO CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD.

NOTE: THE FBI STRONGLY BELIEVES THAT NEITHER DAVID DIAL, BECKY BARR OR THE ORPHAN HOME HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHARON’S ABDUCTION. AND YES, THE FBI BELIEVES SHARON WAS ABDUCTED, PROBABLY FROM GEORGIA, AND POSSIBLY AT A LOCAL MALL SOON AFTER FLOYD GOT OUT OF PRISON.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL, AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

MATT

if the fbi belive she was taken from a local mall why havent they done research into all the local malls ones that are still standing and those that have fallen to the big box stores like walmarts targets,that sorta thing i remember looking into malls in ga but couldnt find anyting on doe around the time sharon went missing that mentions a local mall where one of them could have been taken i know there is one case of a girl who went to the shoping mall with her mother and they were to meet in a location a few hrs later and she never showed up but this girl was 11-12 i belive when she went missing

I remember when the information from MB was posted the first time - it raised as many questions as it answered (although that certainly isn't Matt's fault - everything about this case is convoluted).

The biggest question I had at the time is the mention that OKCPD believes that Floyd IS Sharon's father (totally disregarding the contrary DNA results). This seems to be a belief based not on facts, but on the hope that this case will go away and they will not have to deal with it any more. Well, guess what, OKCPD? It ain't gonna go away! We will stay on this until it is solved! As long as they insist that FDF is the father, then there is no mystery. They have no reason to question the integrity of the blood sample and, by extension, to approve an exhumation of Sharon.

Concerning the "mall in Georgia": This was nothing more than a theory based on FDF's previous M.O., not based on any specific evidence or information relating to Sharon. As such, it only serves as a red-herring that will draw us away from what we have found. The reality is that we here at WS (and other amatuers involved in the search) have uncovered as much, if not more, than LE has been able to uncover. I wouldn't put too much stock in their theories to the detriment of our own theories.

In which prison in Georgia was Floyd incarcerated? Anybody know?

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?citeID=15752

In this document on the hearing it says that there was a delay in testing due to Floyds refusal for blood testing and DHS's objection to the release of medical information. Sharon was already deceased why did DHS object to medical information on her at the hearing I wonder, and does that mean that they have a DNA profile on Sharon, I'm not understanding I guess why DHS would object to this information being presented at trial?

mel36 said:
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?citeID=15752

In this document on the hearing it says that there was a delay in testing due to Floyds refusal for blood testing and DHS's objection to the release of medical information. Sharon was already deceased why did DHS object to medical information on her at the hearing I wonder, and does that mean that they have a DNA profile on Sharon, I'm not understanding I guess why DHS would object to this information being presented at trial?
Blood testing was delayed by Floyd's reluctance and/or refusal to submit to blood testing while he was imprisoned and DHS' objection to release of confidential medical information relating to the deceased mother.
Probably because Sharon's medical history was irrelevant since nobody was questioning if she was the biological mother. At that point I assume they were keeping whatever info they could find about her confidential since she was an unidentified deceased person and the person requesting info in court was suspected of abducting and killing her. Good question about the DNA.

BTW, I drafted an email to the Chief of Oklahoma City PD asking for clarification as to the info that was given to Gerry Nance and a member here who's relative was a possible match. They were both told by OC LE that Sharon's father spoke with them and said he gave his daughter to FDF. That was told to two different people then later denied. I also mentioned the mishandling of the blood evidence by OCPD and I asked why they are refusing to exhume the body for a new DNA sample since there are rumors that the blood provided to NCMEC may not be Sharon's. I reminded him that there have been at least two offers to fund the procedure from NCMEC and an independent party. I asked him to reply so I could explain the reason to the families of (I listed all the possible matches) who are agonizing over not knowing "for sure". I said the online sleuthing community acts on behalf of the families because the emotional burden is heavy. I told him it is cruel to have access to answers the families need and not take the extra step to provide them.

I will post IF I receive a reply.

itsreenw said:
Probably because Sharon's medical history was irrelevant since nobody was questioning if she was the biological mother. At that point I assume they were keeping whatever info they could find about her confidential since she was an unidentified deceased person and the person requesting info in court was suspected of abducting and killing her. Good question about the DNA.

BTW, I drafted an email to the Chief of Oklahoma City PD asking for clarification as to the info that was given to Gerry Nance and a member here who's relative was a possible match. They were both told by OC LE that Sharon's father spoke with them and said he gave his daughter to FDF. That was told to two different people then later denied. I also mentioned the mishandling of the blood evidence by OCPD and I asked why they are refusing to exhume the body for a new DNA sample since there are rumors that the blood provided to NCMEC may not be Sharon's. I reminded him that there have been at least two offers to fund the procedure from NCMEC and an independent party. I asked him to reply so I could explain the reason to the families of (I listed all the possible matches) who are agonizing over not knowing "for sure". I said the online sleuthing community acts on behalf of the families because the emotional burden is heavy. I told him it is cruel to have access to answers the families need and not take the extra step to provide them.

I will post IF I receive a reply.

the letter you sent them was perfect hopefully they will respond to you and give you some clear answers and not just some gibberish they are told to release to the public and such. mabye we could do another petition use the same letter i used for the original one to dateline but we could tweek it up a bit and add info that would be relevant to petition the okpd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics