OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RCMP0100680c1.jpg

I think I have something new on this case, and I just sent my possibility to the Canadian Royal Mounted Police. Could Suzanne Marshall actually have been a little girl named Cheryl Anne Hanson, stolen from Canada?

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...child+1974&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=100

Okay didn't see that sorry every1. Do you know if DNA was used to test it or why she was ruled out?

Thanks

DNA testing ruled Cheryl out as a possible match in or around March of 2005. Jennifer Klein was ruled out at about the same time, as I recall.

Haven't posted here in a while and this is where I received the lead on Christina Carter (thanks Curiosity in Atlanta) so you deserve to know the latest:

There's a six month backlog for DNA testing at the National Center. And it took several months to convince a maternal relative of Christina Carter to agree to the testing. So that explains the long delay. That said, I was told that we should have the result in September.

I'm in touch with Christina's relatives and her father, along with Sharon's daughter and her mother (Sharon's third child born in New Orleans), and everyone is equally anxious.

This is the last lead, folks. It's been a long ordeal and I'm hopeful we're on the right track.

As for Floyd, I saw the video from his recent court appearance. He hasn't changed since I saw him (I spent a total of six hours in prison with him). I think he's crazy, but like a fox. And I don't think you'll find anyone as evil.

Keep checking my facebook page for more info. Or you can follow on twitter (follow the link on facebook). Best, Matt

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Or some cases which say
the mother and child
the sisters
the friends
etc have never been heards from again cases?
I am saying perhaps SHARON MARSHALL was one of a set of gilrs gone missing?
I've only looked for single missing girls for this case perhaps she was one among a group or a set?
I love ABC [ your book]
it sits on my desk as a sign that she may be gone
but will never be forgotten...
also:
perhaps her DNA should be entered into that NATIONAL data for DNA?
I know they put Kyle Benjamin's in and he is related to the POWELL clan...

Just wanna make sure, Lorrie Mae Peugeot has or has not been ruled out as possibly being Sharon (et al)?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peugeot_lori.html

Matt Birkbeck's book "A Beautiful Child" on this case is one of the best I have ever read in any genre. A case that should be much more known that what it is. Very sad.

Lori was ruled out in 07, IIRC. I was surprised, she looks so much like her.

Bumping Sharon's case up...I just realized that 2010 marks the 20th anniversary of Sharon's death. I still find myself re-reading notes, going back through the pages of old newspapers, hoping that something will catch my attention-Some little detail previously missed, another missing girl case that hasn't been researched.
I like to think that some good has come of the efforts to determine Sharon's real identity. A lot of missing girls have had their DNA entered into the national database...And some cases that were seemingly forgotten have gained new attention (being discussed here, added to the various missing persons databases, etc).

I think Sharon would be proud. And, somewhere in that great beyond, she's cheering us on.

Thanks for bumping SA! Funny thing - I was just thinking a couple days ago I had not seen you around in awhile and then today I see you posted on several threads.

FWIW: They replayed Sharon's story on The Investigators on TruTV over the weekend again.

I think you are right SA - a lot of postive things have come out of Sharon's story. I fear we will never know who she was. I think Sharon's mother is most-likely long deceased maybe at the hands of Floyd and I think she most likely lived on the fringes, was not close to her family, perhaps was a prostitute and/or drug addict and as a result, as sad as it is, no one really missed her or her daughter.

The other scenario I find likely is that Sharon was kidnapped or sold into a sex slavery/child *advertiser censored* ring and Floyd being Floyd associated with those types and bought Sharon for himself.
How much have missing girls from European countries been looked at? If Sharon ended up in the states at a young age and was surrounded by americans she most-likely would not have an accent.

There has been speculation of a European connection, but as with most other theories there's just not enough info to find a starting point. I do recall reading somewhere along the line that a fellow student, teacher, acquaintance, etc had reason to believe that she may have been of Scandanavian descent. I can't remember the exact details though.

If Sharon was the daughter of a convict that was in prison would her DNA hit on the convicts as a close match? I know back when Sharon was born the prisons didn't take DNA from convicts but many of them reoffend and are probaly back in prison. Would a close match come back? Does all DNA collected go into one database or is there seperate ones for felons and missing people/John and Jane Does?

Was it ever confirmed through DNA if "Sharon" was or was not the child of Dial?

I don't believe any testing was done to that effect, and unless his DNA is on file (which it may be, since Dial has spent more time in prison than out) I doubt he would consent.
It remains a viable theory in my mind, however.

This website gives a good explanation of how different DNA databases are referenced through CODIS (COmbined DNA Index System). http://www.dna.gov/dna-databases/

Thanks shadowangel.

Because of the similarity in looks (IMO), it seems like a possibility that Dial could be the father. I didn't think I remembered it ever being disproven through DNA. This might be one of the only times I've ever wished that someone would steal DNA from someone (Dial).

Thanks shadowangel.

Because of the similarity in looks (IMO), it seems like a possibility that Dial could be the father. I didn't think I remembered it ever being disproven through DNA. This might be one of the only times I've ever wished that someone would steal DNA from someone (Dial).

I have never seen a picture of Dial. Do you have one?

I really hoped that Lori Peugeot was the one. It seemed to fit so well. Not just the time period, but Floyd had said that Sharon's mother's name was Linda.

I really hoped that Lori Peugeot was the one. It seemed to fit so well. Not just the time period, but Floyd had said that Sharon's mother's name was Linda.

I saw a picture of Dial at Matt's old site, IIRC. I'd have to look and see if there is a photo here in the archives. I looked through google images and couldn't find a/the photo. IIRC, Dial looked like he had similar facial structure to the photos we've seen of Sharon, IMO.

In searching, I looked (as I'm sure many did) for a missing woman named "Linda", I am convinced Floyd mixed truths with lies and felt that this might have been one of the little truths. Back then, it seemed like people could disappear and the resources were so minimal, I wondered if half the time things went unreported and/or ignored. I still wonder if he picked up a young woman with a small child who could have been hitching a ride, back then, it was fairly common for people to hitch a ride.

So many questions. It's unrealistic but I wish that Floyd would provide some answers.

I wish they could beat the truth out of him.

I'm positive Tuffy has pictures of Dial saved somewhere.. Hopefully she will see this post and add a pic of Dial here. (copy and save works best rather than the other way to link.... sometimes the linked pic's are too small to see well. jmo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee