OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got the book for Christmas and finished it in about 2.3 seconds. It was SO good and of course the 1st thing I did after I finished the book was to come on WS and read! Love traveling this crazy road with you all.

I am really excited that there might be news. Can't wait to hear - hope he doesn't keep us in suspense too long!

Hopefully this will be Michael's year to be found! I think him having a resting place is also something that "Sharon" needs to have to RIP.

From Matt's Twitter right now:
"Matt Birkbeck‏@MattBirkbeck1
Forgot to add, law enforcement is considering exhuming Sharon's remains to get a better DNA sample."
https://twitter.com/MattBirkbeck1
I thought....she was cremated? That's why all the work went into finding her adopted children to hopefully give a sample and the worry about losing that blood sample from the hospital? I read the book only once so maybe my memory is shot.

Hmmm...This is on his blog:

http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog.html

Scroll down a couple of entries.

The Fragile - she is buried in a cemetery in Broken Arrow, OK. The name on her headstone is simply "Tonya".

I wonder how her other children she adopted out are doing?
And I also wonder about that toddler on the other end of the phone Sharon called her "little brother".
I have wondered if it was another child from Sharon, or another child Floyd had taken to sell or trade. Joe, the person on the phone with Sharon who heard the toddler (high school classmate), said this was in 1986.
It would be interesting to see if the toddler even came up missing at all, because Sharon never was filed as missing.

From Matt today on his twitter: "Matt Birkbeck ‏@MattBirkbeck1 Fresh leads in new investigation of Sharon's identity draw help from FBI and NCMEC. Could be breakthrough."

https://twitter.com/MattBirkbeck1 for those of you that have Twitter.

Respectfully, why is it these fresh new leads are always only reported by Matt Birkbeck? I find it incredibly hinky that no one, no MSM, other than Matt is reporting them. There is enough interest that there should be more than one 'outlet' reporting on these alleged new leads.

Especially if the FBI and NCMEC are involved.

I hope this is for real, but after the countless times something is reported to be happening, and nothing happens, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I have not found anything about this anywhere except the tweet by Matt Birkbeck. I doubt that they could exhume the remains without the consent of the next of kin, who is Floyd.

Call me a skeptic but if this info has been released to promote something I will be sorely disappointed and not in the least surprised. I do hope I am wrong and will be the first to apologize for being cynical.

I have not found anything about this anywhere except the tweet by Matt Birkbeck. I doubt that they could exhume the remains without the consent of the next of kin, who is Floyd.

Call me a skeptic but if this info has been released to promote something I will be sorely disappointed and not in the least surprised. I do hope I am wrong and will be the first to apologize for being cynical.

I have found nothing as well, even OK press releases from LE, of course Matt is more of an insider so hopefully its really happening, also he said they have idenified someone who knew her Family, that sounds like they have actually confirmed that she had a family, Gosh the right to privacy sucks right now!!!!

Are they thinking Sharon is Sheri Lynn Johnson missing Nov. 1973 along with her mother, Freda Denman and brother Michael Lloyd Johnson? Thought is the father killed the children's mother and the children were given away.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1024dfmo.html

This is looking very good, IMO. I see the resemblance here between Sharon and Freda.

I have been following this case for years and for some reason I thought Sheri-Lynn was eliminated by dna.
I'm sorry I just dont see any resemblance between the two girls. Doesn't Sheri-Lynn have brown hair and brown eyes? Completely different bone structure in my opinion.... Who know I could be wrong, I hope I am. It would be great to finally solve this.

BBM.

I hate to say it, but my first thought when I saw his newest information was, what is he promoting now?

I have been following this case for years and for some reason I thought Sheri-Lynn was eliminated by dna.
I'm sorry I just dont see any resemblance between the two girls. Doesn't Sheri-Lynn have brown hair and brown eyes? Completely different bone structure in my opinion.... Who know I could be wrong, I hope I am. It would be great to finally solve this.
I asked the same question 18 posts before you and never got a clear answer.

I asked the same question 18 posts before you and never got a clear answer.

Sheri Lynn Johnson's relative Shelley Denman posted on A Beautiful Childs FB page that Sheri Lynn was tested as a possible match to Sharon and did not match. Someone else on the Page asked about it. She posted that Jan 1st of this year. (I can't link, FB is blocked here at work but I just looked it up on my phone.)

I just posted on the FB page and asked if they had anymore updates... I told Matt he had a lot of people hyped up... I will let you know if I get a response!!

I was in close contact with a member of Freda Denman's family (hope you're doing well :) ) and at that time SheriLyn had been ruled out as a match to Sharon Marshall to the family's satisfaction.

I guess Ive just become far too jaded by the publicity treadmill to place much faith in any news that comes out like "new info! Stay tuned!" It all feels like a late-night infomercial at this point. Don't get me wrong, I like Matt B a lot, and we commincated quite often at one point. But, the guy feeds his kids with what he writes.

I'll be happy if Sharon finally regains her identity, but... I'll believe it when I see it.

My reasons for my dogged pursuit of this case are highly personal, but at this point Ive made my peace with the situation.

I'll be happy if Sharon finally regains her identity, but... I'll believe it when I see it.

My reasons for my dogged pursuit of this case are highly personal, but at this point Ive made my peace with the situation.
I'm with you, though for different reasons. Sharon is in a better place and she has her identity. The dogged pursuit is in my mind more for justice down here.

I agree Fukiyama-I believe Sharon is in a better place, and at peace. I would like for Michael to be found as well though, I think justice for Michael is justice for Sharon.

Matt has posted again at Facebook today. Nothing new of note; he merely states that LE is getting on the same page and he mentions that there is interest in Michael, though Matt is perplexed by this because as he states, the consensus is that Floyd killed Michael.

I wasn't impressed by the FB pages...seems like marketing for something.

I wasn't impressed by the FB pages...seems like marketing for something.

He's an author so yeah, he will market his books. He also posts updates on his pages, such as for Sharon.

Does Sharon have a Namus profile with DNA rule-outs?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back