OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard back from my senator office. They have recieved the same information I had. Although on it, it did have the last 3 numbers of his SSN. In order for them to release any other information they want written consent from Stephen or proof of death provided. Any thoughts on what I can do next? I'm considering asking about declaring his dead.
I can’t recall if you said his birthplace yet? Is it Oklahoma? If so, and since you have his year of birth you may be able to determine his first three as well. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to figure out the other missing numbers from there but thought I would throw this out there.

Last edited:
Another trick I’ve seen people do is apply for insurance and then it asks three security questions, which often includes questions that have an address with one being correct. But I cannot recall if that is before having to give a social security number.

The
I can’t recall if you said his birthplace yet? Is it Oklahoma? If so, and since you have his year of birth you may be able to determine his first three as well. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to figure out the other missing numbers from there but thought I would throw this out there.
First 3 would be 440-448

Maybe that's DHHS, the Dept of Health & Human Services?

Any part of a Social Security Number could likely exclude other people sharing his name or a similar name?

Still awaiting real answers via your elected representatives in Washington DC. You're looking for a military veteran, here!

Hope you are enjoying lovely Spring weather, @Snoangel26
I still haven't had any luck. Thank you. Hope you are enjoying the weather as well.

Do you have any idea how your mother got along with Stephen's mother?
Her mother has not discussed anything in detail.

Depending on how long they were together prior to the marriage, she would not have had much time to interact with MIL. Steve left for recruit training about 3 weeks after the wedding. It was a 13-week training. Mom stayed in OK, where her family is.
SnowAngel was born while Steve was in training. He had a short break, then off to Pendleton.
Mom and baby joined him at Pendleton.

That is what I'm hoping not happened. He did have a driver license so I'm hoping he got SSN before that. I will run the different combinations of numbers and see if I can get it
I tried to look up his sister who passed away a few years ago, to see what year hers was issued, and I can't find one for her. There is no SS Death Index record for her that I can find.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back