OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Sincerely yes please message me the details.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes Doe Network to post a new case? I submitted it months ago.
I just finished the Paul Raymond Harrod video. So, I am going to start work on this one next. Hopefully it won't take 2 months like the last one!

I heard back from my senator office. They have recieved the same information I had. Although on it, it did have the last 3 numbers of his SSN. In order for them to release any other information they want written consent from Stephen or proof of death provided. Any thoughts on what I can do next? I'm considering asking about declaring his dead.

I heard back from my senator office. They have recieved the same information I had. Although on it, it did have the last 3 numbers of his SSN. In order for them to release any other information they want written consent from Stephen or proof of death provided. Any thoughts on what I can do next? I'm considering asking about declaring his dead.
Well if you’ve done all you can, do it! What will it hurt? Is he gonna come back from the dead?

If he is alive and living on Social Security, it would cut off his income and his medical care.
Wouldn't that at least involve them checking for activity on his SS# before proceeding with the declaration? I think that just might work. Either it will allow access to the records afterward or the declaration won't be issued because the number is active from benefits. (Just my two cents)

I'm still working on this. I got slowed a bit when my MS flared up. So far, I haven't made any headway.
I am concerned that he hasn't shown up on Doe Network yet. I submitted him months ago. I will try to find out what happened.

I would check with an Oklahoma lawyer to determine what might happen to him if he were still alive and declared dead. I do think it's possible that the process of having him declared dead might bring up some new avenues of exploration to find him.

I'm still working on this. I got slowed a bit when my MS flared up. So far, I haven't made any headway.
I am concerned that he hasn't shown up on Doe Network yet. I submitted him months ago. I will try to find out what happened.
I am truly grateful for everything you have and are doing. Stephen's birthday is coming up and right now I just feel defeated.

That is mostly why I haven't did it. I believe they would look into it before signing off. But I do worry if he is alive it would mess up his life
There is no guarantee that they would check it out before cutting off his benefits. There have been cases where the wrong people were declared dead. It is hard to get the government to correct anything. It could endanger his health.

Hang in there, @Snoangel26. I know it's hard to see progress but you have definitely made a few strides forward in finding information and in finding a great virtual support network here. I can't imagine how sad and frustrating and defeating all this is but I do feel that you will continue to make strides forward and will find out at least some of the info you want about your dad. Sending you a hug as you continue to face many unknowns and sending a hope for details emerging soon.

I got in touch with one lawyer in Oklahoma they suggested I talk to DHS. Is it possible to use the last 3 digits of his SSN to get anything?

Maybe that's DHHS, the Dept of Health & Human Services?

Any part of a Social Security Number could likely exclude other people sharing his name or a similar name?

Still awaiting real answers via your elected representatives in Washington DC. You're looking for a military veteran, here!

Hope you are enjoying lovely Spring weather, @Snoangel26

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14