OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Long shot here, but have you ever looked at this unidentified man who drowned in Florida in 1984? The timeline is a bit long but the stats mostly line up and I see some resemblance between the sketch and Murphy's photo. It's not clear whether the decedent actually was a paratrooper or just had the ink for some reason.

Long shot here, but have you ever looked at this unidentified man who drowned in Florida in 1984? The timeline is a bit long but the stats mostly line up and I see some resemblance between the sketch and Murphy's photo. It's not clear whether the decedent actually was a paratrooper or just had the ink for some reason.

I will call and see if they will check. Thank you

I was on vacation last week, and at some point I parked next to a car with a tag from Claremore, Oklahoma. Thought about you (or y'all, you and your dad). I did send in the case/story to that YouTuber I mentioned. I didn't hear anything back but I think that is normal.

I was on vacation last week, and at some point I parked next to a car with a tag from Claremore, Oklahoma. Thought about you (or y'all, you and your dad). I did send in the case/story to that YouTuber I mentioned. I didn't hear anything back but I think that is normal.
I'm at a stand still with it all. I got the yearbook from his graduation year. I just can't find anyone that remembers him. I can't declare him deceased without an attorney.

I have no new leads or ideas. There is absolutely nothing about Stephen. It's like he vanished into thin air. I did find family members. Unfortunately they aren't interested in a relationship with me. I'm ok with it. I'm at terms that Stephen is deceased. This part of my story is at the end. Thank you everyone for the help, encouragement and love.

I have no new leads or ideas. There is absolutely nothing about Stephen. It's like he vanished into thin air. I did find family members. Unfortunately they aren't interested in a relationship with me. I'm ok with it. I'm at terms that Stephen is deceased. This part of my story is at the end. Thank you everyone for the help, encouragement and love.
I hope you aren't giving up completely. I understand how discouraging this is and the need for a break maybe even for a few years and then try again.

My uncle disappeared before I was born. He was in the navy and all his father got was a telegram saying he was "missing in action" with no details. Fifty years later and still the navy wasn't talking. One day we didn't know anything and suddenly it was all over the news and we knew everything.

With all the solves through DNA and organizations like Adventures with a Purpose, it is still possible to find him even if he is deceased.

I hope you aren't giving up completely. I understand how discouraging this is and the need for a break maybe even for a few years and then try again.

My uncle disappeared before I was born. He was in the navy and all his father got was a telegram saying he was "missing in action" with no details. Fifty years later and still the navy wasn't talking. One day we didn't know anything and suddenly it was all over the news and we knew everything.

With all the solves through DNA and organizations like Adventures with a Purpose, it is still possible to find him even if he is deceased.
With any luck my children will find the answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back