OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
O/T but may be give you some hope:

My cousin is 82 yo now, and some days ago he found out, who his illegitimate father has been.

When I once looong time ago wrote to my cousin, his mother would want to disclose the secret to him (she opened up to me with only one sentence, not naming the person) and he should please ask her, he didn't do it. Later on, he never touched the theme with me in conversation, so I remained silent also. (Family habit, you know.)

When my cousin's mother died, she left documents and pics in a cardboard, but her only son (my cousin) didn't open it, even when he moved from one home to another and even back. When he was old enough, my cousin's own sole son also wanted to learn about his unknown grandfather, but he didn't do anything except asking his father, who didn't know it.

Now in July 2024, when my cousin had his son for a visit, they both found the cardboard, which hadn't been opened since the death of my aunt. They both opened this box, and there it was: the secret of my cousin's life! Since that day he knows, who his father was, and his son knows, who his grandpa was. Of course, much too late.

O/T but may be give you some hope:

My cousin is 82 yo now, and some days ago he found out, who his illegitimate father has been.

When I once looong time ago wrote to my cousin, his mother would want to disclose the secret to him (she opened up to me with only one sentence, not naming the person) and he should please ask her, he didn't do it. Later on, he never touched the theme with me in conversation, so I remained silent also. (Family habit, you know.)

When my cousin's mother died, she left documents and pics in a cardboard, but her only son (my cousin) didn't open it, even when he moved from one home to another and even back. When he was old enough, my cousin's own sole son also wanted to learn about his unknown grandfather, but he didn't do anything except asking his father, who didn't know it.

Now in July 2024, when my cousin had his son for a visit, they both found the cardboard, which hadn't been opened since the death of my aunt. They both opened this box, and there it was: the secret of my cousin's life! Since that day he knows, who his father was, and his son knows, who his grandpa was. Of course, much too late.
That makes me happy to know they got to learn about him. I'm happy your aunt kept pictures and documents

That makes me happy to know they got to learn about him. I'm happy your aunt kept pictures and documents
Who knows, who is keeping a cardboard in your wider family and doesn't look into it, because of fear to find something unpleasant. Or the person has forgotten the one cardboard in the attic or in the basement.

Maybe, you have pushed one or the other in that direction already: to at least think of the matter or to search for a lost container with interesting content.

ETA: I know, your father was alive, when he disappeared. That makes a big difference of course.

Last edited:
Who knows, who is keeping a cardboard in your wider family and doesn't look into it, because of fear to find something unpleasant. Or the person has forgotten the one cardboard in the attic or in the basement.

Maybe, you have pushed one or the other in that direction already: to at least think of the matter or to search for a lost container with interesting content.

ETA: I know, your father was alive, when he disappeared. That makes a big difference of course.
And my grandmother kept a picture of me and parents. My aunt sent it to me. Maybe one day something will pop up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back