GUILTY OK - Teen wife charged as Tulsa man plunges 17 stories to death

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BREAKING NEWS: Hilberling bound over for 2nd degree murder trial (Fox23)

---
After a preliminary hearing today the judge ruled the state met the burden of proof for both 2nd degree murder and 1st degree misdemeanor manslaughter charges.

One witness testified he was in another room of the apartment when he heard the glass break and saw Hilberling crying after it happened. Another man testified he was outside the apartments when he saw the glass break and a man fall. The man testified it looked like the man was standing when he came out of the window. The witness also said he saw Amber lean out the window and scream.
---

Oh god. I am terrified of heights. What a sickening case. imo

Yeah, me too on heights. A friend used to live in that building, and it did have a pleasant-enough view,
way up there; unless one considered falling. After being shoved.

Would one already be out of it before they hit the ground from that many floors up? I hope so. Poor guy. Makes me physically ill. Just by the small amount of info I have read I hope they stick it to her.

Would one already be out of it before they hit the ground from that many floors up? I hope so. Poor guy. Makes me physically ill. Just by the small amount of info I have read I hope they stick it to her.

University Towers, Tulsa

Unless unconscious on the way out I think you're pretty alert all the way down. (Shudder.)

Odd bit of synchronicity - just found this whilst looking for more Hilberling updates:

Tulsa Police Believe Man's Seven Story Fall, Death At LaFortune Towers Was An Accident (newson6.com)

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa Police are investigating the death of a 58-year-old man at LaFortune Towers on Southwest Boulevard.

The body was found on a sidewalk which encircles the building before noon Wednesday.

Tulsa Police believe the unidentified man's death as a result of a fall was an accident. They say there is no indication of foul play.
---
LaFortune is across the river, about two miles from the University Towers.

Tulsa woman accused of pushing husband out of high-rise window faces murder trial (CBS News)

---
At the time of the alleged murder, there were glass repairmen inside the apartment doing work on the window.

One of the men, Armando Rosales, testified that he was in the bedroom when he heard a crash and a man screaming. His employee claimed that when went downstairs to get materials from his truck he saw Josh Hilberling screaming as he fell the 17 stories to his death. Amber supposedly appeared at the window seconds later.

The employee said, "I was walking toward the building. I heard glass break. It was like the movies. I see this guy falling. I could hear him screaming. He was really scared on the way down."

Robert Peters of the Tulsa Fire Department said he saw Amber crying and extremely upset, saying, "I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean to push him out the window."
---
more at link above

A Tulsa judge on Thursday ordered a woman, who has been free on bond, placed in jail in connection with a murder charge linked to the death of her husband, who fell 17 stories at a Tulsa high-rise apartment building.

A tearful Amber Michelle Hilberling was taken into custody after the judge was told that she was not complying with requirements related to an electronic monitor that she was ordered to wear as a condition of bond.

District Judge Kurt Glassco scheduled a hearing on the matter of bond for Monday, when defense lawyers can urge Glassco to release her from jail.

At a hearing Thursday, Glassco received information that Hilberling has not been keeping her monitor charged and working properly.
---
more at Tulsa World link below:

Hilberling ordered back into custody

Okay, to play catch-up here, she was again freed, and now....

Amber Hilberling May Be Heading Back To Jail After Failing Drug Tests (newson6.com)
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa mother charged with 2nd degree murder in the high-rise death of her husband may be heading to jail for a third time.

According to court documents, Amber Hilberling tested positive for marijuana on 12/22/2011, and on 12/28/2011. She was released from jail on December 13, 2011.
---
more at link above

---
A judge revoked Amber Hilberling's bond Friday during a hearing at the Tulsa County Courthouse. She is facing a 2nd degree murder charge for the death of 23-year-old Joshua Hilberling.

Prosecutors accuse Hilberling of violating conditions of her bond after she failed two court mandated drug tests in December. Hilberling claims she smoked marijuana prior to her arrest.
---
http://www.newson6.com/story/16465090/tulsa-county-amber-hilberling

Amber Hilberling convicted of second-degree murder in husband's fatal fall from 25th floor (Tulsa World)
A Tulsa County jury convicted a woman of second-degree murder on Monday for pushing her husband, causing him to fall through a high-rise apartment window in Tulsa to his death.

Jurors recommended a 25-year prison sentence for Amber Michelle Hilberling, 21, for fatally pushing 23-year-old Joshua Hilberling during an argument in 2011.
---
The jury deliberated about three hours before returning a guilty verdict that left Amber Hilberling's family sobbing in a packed courtroom.
---
Flanked by her attorneys, Amber Hilberling stood and appeared stunned as the verdict was announced.
---
Jurors had the option of returning a verdict on the lesser charge of first-degree manslaughter, which can carry a punishment of four years to life in prison.
---
The law requires that Hilberling serve at least 85 percent of her sentence - about 21 years - behind bars before becoming eligible for parole.
---
much more at the link

I'd expected a first degree manslaughter verdict. Bit of a shock; not sure evidence supports it.

I didn't read every link but would think that he'd have of have been attacked and caught off guard or unexpectedly to have been pushed out the window, same as with the lamp bash to the head resulting in 21 staples.

Judging by pictures, Ms. Hilberling is a tall woman and she was seven months pregnant at the time. I'm pretty sure she was both taller and outweighed her husband. He was just out of the military and would have been in pretty good shape though.

Really an interesting case - both the deceased and his killer come from middle to upper-middle class Tulsa families, which can be a rare thing in murder cases, plus, of course, a woman was charged with killing a man while using no weapon. Took so long to bring to trial, though, that it kind of got lost in the threads.

Not saying whether or not she deserved it - I wasn't at the trial and only followed through the media - but I'm still shocked at the severity of the sentence. The jury must have fallen in hate, so to speak, with Amanda Hilberling.

I feel this verdict is extremely appropriate. She took a life. She's beat him before. That woman is no victim and was not treated as such. Not to mention the multiple times she was re-arrested. Seems like she assumes laws and rules do not apply to her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well, the jury certainly agreed. In three short hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back