ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update from mum on 16 Sept / also - wow - the fundraising is nearly at $190’000.00

“Please know that your kindness in donating has taken a MASSIVE amount of stress away from us during this difficult time.

It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since this horrific attack occurred and tomorrow Luka will be going in for his 7th surgery under general anaesthetic for a dressing change and to see how the BTM graft is taking.

We received positive news last Friday, some of the skin under the BTM graft had healed on its own, with a few of the others areas were also taking well to the graft. Their was discussion around risk vs reward in regards to doing a skin graft from Lukas thigh, which will be discussed in the coming weeks once we see the exact effect of the BTM.

We feel extremely lucky to be under the care of the Queensland Children's Hospital, the leading burns hospital in Australia.

Hoping for more positive news in the coming weeks.”

Source: Go Fund Me

https://www..com/f/baby-lukas-medical-treatments

Just double checking that LE have the perp (coffee guy) in this case within their sightlines given this new horrifying incident..

Just double checking that LE have the perp (coffee guy) in this case within their sightlines given this new horrifying incident..

I think the man in this Australia incident was said to be 33-years-old, and the man in today's Switzerland incident is said to be 23-years-old. JMO.

I think the man in this Australia incident was said to be 33-years-old, and the man in today's Switzerland incident is said to be 23-years-old. JMO.
Unfortunately, people who do these kinds of things are everywhere. Like the young man who threw acid on children in London a few days ago, or the person who stabbed a bunch of people in a shopping centre in Shanghai yesterday.

MOO

Unfortunately, people who do these kinds of things are everywhere. Like the young man who threw acid on children in London a few days ago, or the person who stabbed a bunch of people in a shopping centre in Shanghai yesterday.

MOO
BBM

I would like to point out that China is a totalitarian state not a democracy, people do not enjoy any proper system to address their grievances and right the wrongs.

I suspect the Shanghai case is not a random unfortunate case. But trust the authorities will not disclose the real cause from their investigation.

MOO and not a fact. Ha.

BBM

I would like to point out that China is a totalitarian state not a democracy, people do not enjoy any proper system to address their grievances and right the wrongs.

I suspect the Shanghai case is not a random unfortunate case. But trust the authorities will not disclose the real cause from their investigation.

MOO and not a fact. Ha.
According to the BBC citing Chinese police sources the Shanghai stabbing was because of a "personal economic dispute", whether the dispute was with Walmart, where the stabbing happened, or some other store in the shopping centre wasn't mentioned.

News update….​

Chinese man accused of pouring coffee on baby in Brisbane identified​

“The man has now been identified as a 33-year-old Chinese national who was in Australia on a student visa.

He has since fled the country with Queensland Police putting an arrest warrant out for the man.

More to come. “

They haven’t really identified him in the media, but it seems they are honing in on him. Let’s hope and pray!!

“Acting Assistant Police Commissioner Andrew Massingham told Radio 4BC on Thursday that the suspect's name had been published in Chinese media.

Police said the 33-year-old man had no family or criminal record in Australia and had worked in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.

Daily Mail Australia understands he had been on a holiday visa since first coming to Australia in 2019, before switching to a student visa.

'Our international search continues for the person that committed that horrendous crime...we are very much committed to finding the individual responsible,' Mr Massingham said.“

“Acting Assistant Police Commissioner Andrew Massingham told Radio 4BC on Thursday that the suspect's name had been published in Chinese media.

Police said the 33-year-old man had no family or criminal record in Australia and had worked in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.

Daily Mail Australia understands he had been on a holiday visa since first coming to Australia in 2019, before switching to a student visa.

'Our international search continues for the person that committed that horrendous crime...we are very much committed to finding the individual responsible,' Mr Massingham said.“

A student visa for a 33 year old?
Hmmm...
Sounds like an eternal student :rolleyes:
"LifeLong Learning" Education.

Hmmm...
Did he work in 3 states during holidays?

Interesting...

JMO

This is nice to hear….. thanks for sharing that great news @Marg944 ….. now I hope someone with access to Chinese media can find some additional information. Including perhaps the suspect’s name.

Unless that sub judice term might come into play? IANAL. MOO

This is nice to hear….. thanks for sharing that great news @Marg944 ….. now I hope someone with access to Chinese media can find some additional information. Including perhaps the suspect’s name.

Excellent point I am not Sherlock H. I was going to spend the afternoon searching for his name…. But you are probably spot on! Naming him in Australia may jeopardise things.

You seem to be very good Sherlock Holmes for finding this info hehe ;)
Thank you @Dotta …… appreciate it….. but the credit on this one really goes to @Marg944 ……

And I do hope that an arrest and international diplomacy soon come into play in this case. What the individual did …. allegedly ….. to that infant is absolutely reprehensible. And proper just punishment is needed. And if and when the suspect is identified would be suitable too. MOO

You are quite right @I am not Sherlock H. Police haven’t named him on purpose.

“While police know the identity of the attacker, detectives have refused to release his name fearing it could jeopardise the investigation and search for the perpetrator.

But it appears Chinese media have named the man
this week.”

Thanks for the update. Good to know I guessed right.:eek:

I have not had success Googling the suspect in Chinese... Perhaps if anything wants to use Baidu to search, they may have more luck.

FYI why I won't try...
Baidu is a private enterprise but is known to have close ties with the Chinese government. The company is taking a cooperative stance toward government restrictions on freedom of speech. Also, Li is a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, a political advisory body in China.

If the creature responsible has returned to his city of birth, the LE will have an awful lot of people to search through….

Hangzhou, China. Population: 11.94 million in 2020
Area: 16,847 klms sq

Compared to:-

Sydney, Australia. Population: 5.5 million in 2022
Area: 12,145 klms sq

Edit: error in transposing pop figures - thanks for correcting me Tootsie and Iamshadow. Oops.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back