OK - Terence Crutcher, 40, fatally shot by Tulsa PD officer, 16 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep seeing people say "just comply". For what? He wasn't under arrest, he wasn't being given lawful orders because he hadn't done anything to be arrested for. He had every right to walk to his car, get in, and drive away if he could have. He wasn't even part of a traffic stop!

Since when do we have to follow every order given to us by a police officer when we are not being charged with or arrested for a crime? This isn't a police state. Well, it wasn't anyway, seems to be moving in that direction.

Y'all know we have rights?

This is not uncommon. And when people are so upset that say, Alton Sterling, didn't comply, I think they don't realize that the police probably didn't even try to talk to him, ask questions, etc. Many of these Black men are literally ambushed.

Mr. Crutcher was probably scared out of his mind. His car broke down, and suddenly guns!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

BBM and considering all the news stories over the last couple of years, I can't really blame the man. Here he is, a big scary black man and police roll up and IMMEDIATELY take an aggressive posture. I wouldn't have blamed him had he bolted. But then he's guilty of something right otherwise why would he run.

I'm so tired.

BBM and considering all the news stories over the last couple of years, I can't really blame the man. Here he is, a big scary black man and police roll up and IMMEDIATELY take an aggressive posture. I wouldn't have blamed him had he bolted. But then he's guilty of something right otherwise why would he run.

I'm so tired.
I'm not sure if your last statement is sarcasm or not, but just in case it isn't, I think history shows us that it makes a lot of sense for an innocent Black man to run. If I was a Black man, I would be scared out of my mind when approached by LE. And the worst crimes I've committed are speeding and illegal u-turns.

I'm not sure if your last statement is sarcasm or not, but just in case it isn't, I think history shows us that it makes a lot of sense for an innocent Black man to run. If I was a Black man, I would be scared out of my mind when approached by LE. And the worst crimes I've committed are speeding and illegal u-turns.

Definitely sarcasm because that's the first thing people said about Walter Scott when he bolted. I would imagine he was terrified, too.

People expect absolute calm and reasonable behavior from the black men in these situations, the men who have guns pointed at them... but we excuse jumpy, scared behavior from the people pointing the weapons. It's so strange to me.

I have outright ignored police telling me to do something and I'm still alive. So the argument I hear from my idiot neighbors about just comply, don't die makes me furious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not long ago a tire on my car blew out, and I was stuck in the middle of a very busy lane that a highway off-ramp merged onto. I tried to change the tire on my car, but I couldn't get the bolts loose, and, there were so many cars coming dangerously close to me that I got scared I was going to get hit. So, I called AAA and the police. The officer got there within a minute or so, and put on his lights, and he tried to get the bolts lose himself, but couldn't. AAA then got there, and the officer and the AAA mechanic worked together and changed my tire! The officer was so friendly and awesome I called his supervisor and the Police Chief to let them know he should be commended (and the same for AAA). Isn't that how it's supposed t be?

Her husband is an officer. In fact, he was in the helicopter but was not the man who made the bad dude comment.

I was thinking earlier today about how it mentioned in her charging documents that she made the situation "personal." I wonder if she was embarrassed she couldn't get him to comply knowing her husband and other superiors were watching from above and because of that she made some very poor decisions.

I was thinking earlier today about how it mentioned in her charging documents that she made the situation "personal." I wonder if she was embarrassed she couldn't get him to comply knowing her husband and other superiors were watching from above and because of that she made some very poor decisions.

Yes, I don't mean to speculate on their relationship, but knowing her husband was the one behind the "bad dude" comment adds a creepy factor to it for me. Like he's going to brag how his wife can handle a bad dude? I didn't hear concern or fear in his voice.

Tulsa Teacher Writes Heartbreaking Facebook Post About How Her Students Are Processing Terence Crutcher's Death

Reeling from the shooting of Terence Crutcher by Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby, a teacher took to Facebook this week to explain how her students have reacted to the death of a man who was not only a figure in their community, but also the father of one of their classmates. At Kipp Tulsa College Preparatory School, where Crutcher's daughter reportedly goes to school, Rebecca Lee and her fellow teachers facilitated small discussions with fifth-, sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-graders to talk about police violence.

From Rebecca Lee's post:

Today at school, our staff decided we needed to press pause and create a space for kids to share their thoughts and feelings in response to the killing of Mr. Crutcher. I was part of facilitating three small group discussions throughout the day: a fifth grade group, a sixth grade group, and a seventh/eighth grade group. I want to share what I experienced with the kids today, because I am convinced that if you can put yourself in the shoes of a child of color in Tulsa right now, you will have a clearer understanding of the crisis we're facing and why we say black lives matter.

I share this story, because Mr. Crutcher's death does not just affect the students at my school. I share this story, because we are creating an identity crisis in all of our black and brown students. (Do I matter? Am I to be feared? Should I live in fear? Am I human?) We are shaping their world view with blood and bullets, hashtags and viral videos. Is this how we want them to feel? Is this how we want them to think?

I ask that you use whatever privilege or platform you have to speak. I ask that you put yourself in the shoes of black and brown children growing up in a world where they see videos of their classmate's father shot and bleeding in the street.

I ask that you love and love hard.

Yes, I don't mean to speculate on their relationship, but knowing her husband was the one behind the "bad dude" comment adds a creepy factor to it for me. Like he's going to brag how his wife can handle a bad dude? I didn't hear concern or fear in his voice.
Wait, it was her husband who said that? All articles I have read say it was an unnamed officer who is not her husband. Supposedly she couldn't hear the "bad dude" comment.

Wait, it was her husband who said that? All articles I have read say it was an unnamed officer who is not her husband. Supposedly she couldn't hear the "bad dude" comment.

That's the way I remember it. It was NOT her husband who said that and she couldn't hear it. MOO

Oh, you're right. I spoke too soon. Apologies.

I know she couldn't and didn't hear him whoever it was.

And her husband, David Shelby, was at the controls of the helicopter hovering overhead and recording the confrontation, KRJH, the local NBC affiliate, reported.

And while Shelby's husband was in the chopper, it's not clear if he made any of the recorded remarks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...y-s-past-under-scrutiny-after-terence-n651441

this is a perfect example of how non-compliance does not give the police the authority to use deadly force.

she wasnt called to the scene of a man acting violently or making threats, there was no reason to believe a weapon was present etc

from what i have seen so far she absolutely should have been charged.

although i can certainly see a jury being convinced that she should be found not guilty and all that will happen is she will lose her job.

if i had to guess i would say it is about 60/40 against her being convicted of the top charge.

Definitely sarcasm because that's the first thing people said about Walter Scott when he bolted. I would imagine he was terrified, too.

People expect absolute calm and reasonable behavior from the black men in these situations, the men who have guns pointed at them... but we excuse jumpy, scared behavior from the people pointing the weapons. It's so strange to me.

Anybody else remember the discussion on here a year or more ago about that case? I stopped posting or even looking at it. I was so appalled at all the snarky posters implying Mr Scott (The victim in SC) was in the wrong and that he 'had to' have done something. We appear to have come a long ways since then. I am glad but sad that it has taken so any lives lost to make people see this stuff is real. It is not some BLM urban myth.

If any of what her attorney says in that article is true, she has no business being a police officer or carrying a gun, imo. We can't have people like that running around ordering others around. Good grief!!!

"Scott Wood, who represents Shelby, said she experienced “auditory exclusion.” Wood described it as a phenomenon officers often experience in critical incidents that results in a temporary loss of hearing.

Because of that, Wood said, Shelby didn’t hear other officers arrive with their cars’ sirens activated or approach her. Nor did she hear Officer
Tyler Turnbough tell her that he had his Taser ready because she was “totally focused” on Crutcher, he said.

“She doesn’t have any recollection of that at all,” Wood said.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back