OK - Terence Crutcher, 40, fatally shot by Tulsa PD officer, 16 Sept 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[h=1][FONT="]Law enforcement shootings since 2007[/FONT][/h]http://www.tulsaworld.com/law-enfor...tml_0d65fd81-48d3-50f2-82c0-08703dbd8b3c.html

Tulsa has 1 black and 3 white for 2016
OK 4 -black 9 -white 1 -hisp 1 -nat amer

Those statistics are only for fatal shootings. If you've ever been to Oklahoma, you would know there aren't many black people there, at all.

At your link, it appears Oklahoma has had a drastic increase in fatal police shootings beginning around 2013/2014. I wonder if they changed the way they train and manage their police forces.

Once again, driving while black is proving to be a capital crime in 'Murica.

So many white people, including sadly, many LE officers just cannot comprehend the deep seated, gut wrenching fear that many of our Black citizens have of the Police. That in my opinion explains some of the seemingly illogical things we see on some of these videos. Suspects reaching for something freezing up when told to do something, etc. We truly live in parallel worlds, or so it seems at times.
I don't believe he was in fear for his life. He has been arrested several times in the past, and he was not harmed. Someone in fear of their life does not go walking casually away with their back to someone that they are fearful of harming them IMO.
He certainly doesn't freeze up. IMO he is doing things his way no matter what he is being ordered to do. That is not fear that is daring someone to stop him.
I don't know what happened before the video or what is being said by during the video, but IMO the short bit I have seen I cannot say if the shooting was justified or not. For all we know when his hands went down he said something that indicated he had a weapon we just don't know.

Yay Finally! A criminal record and some drugs in the car! Yay! He can be shot!

Yay Finally! A criminal record and some drugs in the car! Yay! He can be shot!
Who's saying that? Tulsa PD has requested the DOJ investigate, and a few on here stating more information is needed.
IMO anyone having drugs in their car, or a criminal record doesn't justify a shooting. Nor does a thirty second video with no audio tell us the whole story.
I

Math question:

If Oklahoma LEOs shot 4 black people, 9 white people,1 hispanic person and 1 native American person, what are the percentages? And are those percentages proportional to the population?

To me the black and white numbers are almost 50/50 while the state's make up is 75/10, but I suck at math.

Those statistics are only for fatal shootings. If you've ever been to Oklahoma, you would know there aren't many black people there, at all.

At your link, it appears Oklahoma has had a drastic increase in fatal police shootings beginning around 2013/2014. I wonder if they changed the way they train and manage their police forces.

According to those who write about race and policing for NPR, and others, they train their officers that the public is the enemy, and their primary job is to come back alive after their shift. It's no longer about "Protect and Serve."

If every life matters, each one deserves DOJ investigation.
Wonder why they don't all get them?

Yes he had a police record. How many African Americans in this country DON'T have one? Young blacks from the time they are able to walk are stopped, frisked, and often treated as an alien force in their own country. And yes, we've finally found an excuse to think he deserved it and can move right on.

So many white Americans have a nice middle class view of the world and judge Blacks on that basis. That is about all II think I better say for now.

Yes he had a police record. How many African Americans in this country DON'T have one? Young blacks from the time they are able to walk are stopped, frisked, and often treated as an alien force in their own country. And yes, we've finally found an excuse to think he deserved it and can move right on.

So many white Americans have a nice middle class view of the world and judge Blacks on that basis. That is about all II think I better say for now.

Can you just imagine if they policed/charged/incarcerated whites and blacks equally in this country? They couldn't build prisons big or fast enough. I read an article this morning about the violence in Chicago and the stark differences between living in the north of the city vs. the south. Activists in the impoverished south side were up in arms as usual about the horrific violence of the past weekend in their districts of the city. Meanwhile, in the north, the people were up in arms because they didn't feel the gelatto vendor given kiosk space in a development was high quality enough for the area. Just mind boggling amounts of naiveté and deliberate ignorance of the challenges POC face in their same city, due to housing segregation, institutionalized racism, and "othering". "What about black on black crime???" indeed. As if the same people using that old trope have ANY knowledge of what actually goes on in those neighborhoods, and why that crime happens the way it does. And they can't be bothered to get educated.

[h=1][FONT="]Law enforcement shootings since 2007[/FONT][/COLOR][/h][URL]http://www.tulsaworld.com/law-enforcement-shootings-since/html_0d65fd81-48d3-50f2-82c0-08703dbd8b3c.html[/URL]

Tulsa has 1 black and 3 white for 2016
OK [COLOR="#00FF00"]4 -black
9 -white 1 -hisp 1 -nat amer

White alone, percent, July 1, 2015, (V2015) (a) 73.4%

Black or African American alone, percent, July 1, 2015, (V2015) (a) 10.8%

http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/RHI805210/40143

If my math/calculator is right.

8.1%

2.7%

When comparing statistics they really need to be compared apple for apple. In the link posted that showed 4 black people were shot and 9 white people were shot.it was a statistic from Tulsa city. It is also only broken down into three races. Black, Hispanic and White. Tulsa city demographics show 56% white,15% black, 14.8% Hispanic, and 2 or more races 7.6%.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Tulsa-Oklahoma.html
ETA: There are also demographics for American Asian alone, Asian alone, other race alone and Native Hawiian or other Pacific Island alone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back