OK - Terence Crutcher, 40, fatally shot by Tulsa PD officer, 16 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will admit I did not watch the video. I can't watch another video. I just can't. I did read an interview with the mayor-elect of Tulsa who I thought said some of the most right things. On Facebook he wrote, "I wish I could just climb through that screen and do something to help him," writes Bynum. "But I can't." And, further, he talked about looking at systemic issues in North Tulsa. (http://ktul.com/news/local/tulsa-ma...s-shooting-people-should-expect-to-feel-safe0

The current Mayor Bartlett also expressed that video speaks for its self, graphic and difficult to watch. He states that the current investigation is focused on interviews with all involved officers as there is no audio to review. He said something interesting that I haven't quite decoded. He had said that we don't know yet what orders were given to Mr. Crutcher or the conversations between the police on the scene separate from the radio conversations-- the important conversations of what the officers were thinking before the shooting, the mindset of the police. He added that any thing found in his car is not relevant to the investigation at this point. Good interview. http://www.npr.org/2016/09/21/49483...tulsa-police-shooting-of-an-unarmed-black-man

I am speechless that we have another shooting, that we have more violence in cities because of frustration, and that we do not have adequate police and civilian training to stop this awful occurrence from happening.

Sounds like the current mayor is making excuses and engaging in CYA. This is simply another case of shoddy police work. These mayors need to get busy, clean up and retrain their police departments. These deaths are unnecessary.

I want to hear LE or the District Attorney address the near simultaneous use of the taser and gun. It seems as if no time was allowed for the taser to take effect before the gun was fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And aren't they supposed to shout "Taser taser!" before they use it? At such close range I think she would have heard it.

I will admit I did not watch the video. I can't watch another video. I just can't. I did read an interview with the mayor-elect of Tulsa who I thought said some of the most right things. On Facebook he wrote, "I wish I could just climb through that screen and do something to help him," writes Bynum. "But I can't." And, further, he talked about looking at systemic issues in North Tulsa. (http://ktul.com/news/local/tulsa-ma...s-shooting-people-should-expect-to-feel-safe0

The current Mayor Bartlett also expressed that video speaks for its self, graphic and difficult to watch. He states that the current investigation is focused on interviews with all involved officers as there is no audio to review. He said something interesting that I haven't quite decoded. He had said that we don't know yet what orders were given to Mr. Crutcher or the conversations between the police on the scene separate from the radio conversations-- the important conversations of what the officers were thinking before the shooting, the mindset of the police. He added that any thing found in his car is not relevant to the investigation at this point. Good interview. http://www.npr.org/2016/09/21/49483...tulsa-police-shooting-of-an-unarmed-black-man

I am speechless that we have another shooting, that we have more violence in cities because of frustration, and that we do not have adequate police and civilian training to stop these awful occurrence from happening.

What they found in the car is only useful when it comes to maligning the victim.

I'm troubled that people won't watch the video. If you refuse to watch the video, you can't have a fully informed opinion. These videos are horrific, but they are reality. How can anyone emphasize with people of color and their unjust treatment, if you won't even take a look.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm troubled that people won't watch the video. If you refuse to watch the video, you can't have a fully informed opinion. These videos are horrific, but they are reality. How can anyone emphasize with people of color and their unjust treatment, if you won't even take a look.

I can empathize easily with people of color. I am outraged that these incidents continue to happen. I have seen way too many videos-- to the point of it not being healthy for me. Yes, they are reality. I know that people of color do not have the opportunity to turn away and not see because it is their reality. I know because I have children of color. I work with children of color and have to educate them on what to do when the encounter LEO. I can have a fully formed opinion without the graphics. I am sorry that you think it is impossible. I stand with those who are affected/killed/dehumanized by these ongoing travesties.

We can agree to disagree about my ability to have a valid, fully informed opinion without watching. People will take the slant they do based not only on the visuals but their beliefs and experiences. People who think the LEO was justified won't be swayed with visuals because they see the video with their perspective.

I can empathize easily with people of color. I am outraged that these incidents continue to happen. I have seen way too many videos-- to the point of it not being healthy for me. Yes, they are reality. I know that people of color do not have the opportunity to turn away and not see because it is their reality. I know because I have children of color. I can have a fully formed opinion without the graphics. I am sorry that you think it is impossible. I stand with those who are affected/killed/dehumanized by these ongoing travesties.

We can agree to disagree about my ability to have a valid, fully informed opinion without watching.
I don't think it's impossible at all. And I didn't quote you because you aren't the only one who said that. :)

I can understand not watching it because you know it's going to be graphic and disturbing - people are sensitive and these videos are difficult to watch. This one - watching them STAND THERE while he died. That was the most difficult.

Anyway, to form an opinion about what happened based on... nothing? I don't get it. The evidence is right there. Take a look.

This one - watching them STAND THERE while he died. That was the most difficult.

RSBM. This exactly why I can't watch it. The idea that people would stand by as he died is too close to my reality. I know it could be my child or my student who would be there taking their last breath in this horrendous circumstance. I won't doubt that it happened and I won't doubt that it is real because I have seen it happen before.

"It can't happen to me" is a powerful drug:

My car might stall on the road but never in the middle of the road and if it did I would pull off to the side and I wouldn't get out and walk - I would wait in my car for help with my hands clearly visible on the steering wheel. I would not speak unless spoken to.

Brandon Marshall, more athletes address Terence Crutcher killing

“I did see the Terence Crutcher video,” Marshall told Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post. “It’s very saddening, especially to hear someone in the helicopter say, ‘That looks like a bad dude.’ How does that look like a bad dude? You’re way up in the air. That’s something that’s disturbing, but that’s exactly the reason we’re protesting.”

Kaepernick commented on Crutcher to reporters as well: “They shot and killed a man and walked around like it wasn't a human being.”

[video=twitter;778319829308547072]https://twitter.com/E_Reid35/status/778319829308547072[/video]

Marshawn Lynch On Colin Kaepernick Is Very Good
(video)

"Well, I mean, you know, with what’s going on, I’d rather see him take a knee than stand up, put his hands up, and get murdered," Lynch said. "So I mean, my take on it is **** gotta start somewhere, and if that was the starting point, I just hope people open up their eyes to see that it’s really a problem going on and something needs to be done for it to stop. And I mean, if you really not racist, then you won’t see what he’s doing as a threat to America, but just addressing a problem that we have."

I do have to believe that he was being asked to stop. Watching the video it struck me that he was walking back to his vehicle with hands raised while the two officer's were following him with guns drawn. LE doesn't let/allow you to walk back to your vehicle, which was evident as they had their guns drawn, they shot after he reached in the vehicle, jmo from watching video's. It's reported there was pcp in the vehicle, have to wait for autopsy to see if he was high. jmo

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...cle_76ef2a0c-adf6-51c2-a3ae-83794a48b2c5.html

I do have to believe that he was being asked to stop. Watching the video it struck me that he was walking back to his vehicle with hands raised while the two officer's were following him with guns drawn. LE doesn't let/allow you to walk back to your vehicle, which was evident as they had their guns drawn, they shot after he reached in the vehicle, jmo from watching video's. It's reported there was pcp in the vehicle, have to wait for autopsy to see if he was high. jmo

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...cle_76ef2a0c-adf6-51c2-a3ae-83794a48b2c5.html

The attorneys for the family showed two stills from the video which show the window was up. There is a streak of blood visible on it.

I misspoke earlier when I said they were from ground level. It appears they are from the helicopter. I can't find a MSM link for the press conference, but will keep looking.

The attorneys for the family showed two stills from the video which show the window was up. There is a streak of blood visible on it.

I misspoke earlier when I said they were from ground level. It appears they are from the helicopter. I can't find a MSM link for the press conference, but will keep looking.

ground video: Stop the video at 2:05, he is reaching down at his waist. jmo

helicopter video: From the video as the helicopter pans around the vehicle I can clearly see TC though the passenger window and the drivers window, the windows appear to be down. jmo
http://www.tulsaworldtv.com/Graphic...id=31411634&freewheel=91468&sitesection=tulsa

Sorry I see what I see the front driver's and passenger are down and the sun roof is open. jmo idk I don't believe a word coming from that side, especially the lawyer. jmo

This is my opinion as well. What was he thinking doing that??? Why not just comply???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back