OK - Totinika Elix, 24, & Emily Morgan, 23, fatally shot, Bache, 26 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My 15 years in OK make it hard to have faith in law enforcement there. Surely they can solve this one, right? Unless the killer is bigger than the crimes?

They might be busy with other things at the moment.

Do you think that's the case - the killer is bigger than the crime? Do you think this is similar to Copake?

I definitely agree with you on that. I grew up in Tulsa, graduated from OU Health Sciences Center. I get the feeling that either the resources for thorough investigations are not there, or people just don't want to work that hard. All the true crime I watch, I am exhausted just watching all the persons and places LE is constantly driving to for meetings, investigations, interviews, etc. I never quite get that feeling on an Oklahoma case. For example, Ashley and Lauria.

I had to look it up:

Ashley and Lauria
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Lauria_Bible_and_Ashley_Freeman

And
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-16-amp-Ashley-Freeman-16-Welch-30-Dec-1999

I think there's another case of two girls going missing in Oklahoma - maybe they were babysitting? Was that also Tulsa?

Do you think that's the case - the killer is bigger than the crime? Do you think this is similar to Copake?
Hard to say for certain about either case -- only that these things can tend to work likewise the whole world around.

So it's been a month; wonder what sort of progress OSBI's making.

Have these young women been forgotten?
While never forgotten in personal memory, the public memory of the two victims soon will be frosted, frozen, forgotten, gone. In institutional memory? Time's remit too soon closes that too, we know. When the sum of the first two reaches the capacity of institutional memory, this case may even forget itself. It falls in on itself, and only smidgeons of newsprint on anniversaries of deaths remain to haunt the night with black and white matter-of-factness, stuck to trees as rain speckles the land, hoping for a flash of light. . (Pv + Pu = IM = F)

From September 28 (latest msm article I could find):

“Most of the time, it just doesn’t feel real,” Mother of double murder victim in Oklahoma speaks out
investigators said they’re getting closer to an arrest.
“The case agent working on this has been working almost exclusively on this, even though he has 16 other cases. This case is so active he feels a responsibility to continue to run the leads as they come up,” said Jessica Brown, OSBI.

http://kfor.com/2016/09/28/most-of-...-double-murder-victim-in-oklahoma-speaks-out/

So, one person is working this case, and also has 16 other cases to work on :facepalm:

72 days and the biggest movement apparent in this case is that it's fallen out of the news.

There is a thread on a Erika Breanne Spencer from S.C. It has been a year since her murder, and the police are just now asking the gen pub to come forward with info! If the press doesn't keep it in the news, I get the impression that if the police don't know where to start an investigation, they just put it on a shelf somewhere, out of sight, out of mind. :kickcan:

It is very sad. We had to contact newspapers and tv stations to get them to do stories.

I have questioned this myself. I have directly asked the OSBI if the person that I suspect is connected to the killing, that is also a major drug trafficker in the area and runs his business from a legitimate business right in the heart of McAlester OK, is protected. I asked if we were dealing with the police. I didn't get an answer, of course.

72 days and the biggest movement apparent in this case is that it's fallen out of the news.

I post this every week and it has had over 1500 shares on Facebook. In the beginning many people contacted me with what they thought they knew or what they may have seen or heard. I would pass this along to the OSBI. It is getting very difficult to keep faith that the killer/killers will be found as it has now been 4 months and 10 days since my daughter was murdered.
[FONT=&quot]On the evening of 8/25/16, Emily Morgan and Totinka Elix left OKC around 8:30 pm to go to McAlester, OK. They planned to go there and come back after they saw whoever it was they planned to see. They were in this 2012 Ford Fusion. The last text that I know of was sent by Emily at 11:45 pm. They were found after 4:30 pm on Friday 8/26/16. They were in the car, parked in the driveway of a vacant home on the north side of HWY 270 just west of Bache, OK. And they had both been shot. Emily usually went by a car detailing business in McAlester while there. She had said she was going to the home of her ex's to retrieve some things that had been stolen from her on Tuesday morning. I don't know if she ever made it to either of those places or where she may have went while in McAlester. But somebody knows.If you saw these girls on that Thursday night or Friday, PLEASE contact the OSBI in McAlester at 918-423-6672. Or contact me, Kim Merryman. It doesn't matter what it is, tell someone. Maybe you saw them at the store, or a red light. Maybe you saw them arguing with someone. Anything will help. You can even be anonymous when you make contact. These girls were our daughter's. They were mother's of young children. They had brothers and sisters. We need justice for our girls.

attachment.php

[/FONT]

Attachments

• poster collage.jpg
    poster collage.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 98

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics