GUILTY OK - Travis Taylor for stalking, threatening woman online, Terlton, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would almost think there's an implication that she somehow manipulated this entire situation for attention, but that is just so absurd I can't possibly fathom that anyone who has read even a sliver of information on this case would imply that. So I'm sure I'm mistaken.

Well put!

Sometimes taking action, getting their story out is a method of coping not a road to fame.

Recovering from Trauma: The Four Stages
http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/2011/03/four-stages-of-trauma-recovery.html

A cute hot video in which someone named Lexie sings about how she wants to make the cover of the magazine.

Is that really the victim's blog? Harrowing tale and transcript of scary emails...then...fun flattering article with cute hot video embedded.

I don't think the focus was the song or the video. I think she wanted us to have a better idea of who the 'victim' was. That article describes the victim so it is relevant to most. I'd say it makes the victim more relatable.

When people see that horrible things can happen to anyone even this well-educated, fun-loving, thoughtful individual it tends to feel a little more real. I think she just wants people to wake up and redefine the word 'friend' as she had to.

If I was in the victim's shoes I wouldn't worry about the odd 0.5% malcontent, misfit fringe that doesn't consider the actions of Travis Levi Taylor threatening.

It's fairly straight forward to the other 99.5% of the normal people lol. (I'm referring to the off the wall Facebook postings, nothing that was posted on WS.)

I don't think the focus was the song or the video. I think she wanted us to have a better idea of who the 'victim' was. That article describes the victim so it is relevant to most. I'd say it makes the victim more relatable.

When people see that horrible things can happen to anyone even this well-educated, fun-loving, thoughtful individual it tends to feel a little more real. I think she just wants people to wake up and redefine the word 'friend' as she had to.
I would further guess that she doesn't want to be defined by Travis. There is more to this woman than victim. She has more substance.

It maybe illegal but trust me unless you threaten the President ONE online death threat does not usually lead to search warrants and a quick arrest. I have had a few twisted emails and online death threats, this is the internet.

Not saying what he did was okay but it is not that unusual, and trust me the rest of us couldn't call 911 about an "upsetting email" and have a search warrant and arrest within hours.

If you are suggesting that the victims mother whom is also a police officer had something to do with the expedited results, you should do a little more sleuthing. You will find that the victim's mother is an officer for the City of Tulsa while all of the work done on this case was with Pawnee County over an hour away from Tulsa well out of her jurisdiction. And I can only imagine how the Pawnee County Sheriff's Office could have treated some big city cop if she barged in trying to tell them how to do their job.

You know, women can just never win. We're taught from a young age to be "nice" above all. To be caring. To be courteous. Girls are more likely to raise their hands in class and wait to be called on--we're just taught to be nice, and to be polite--to be "ladies." And then when some self-entitled a-hole decides to stalk you, you get slammed for being TOO NICE, and told that because you're too nice, it's somehow all your fault, and that you run "hot" and "cold," and led him on.

But if you're not too nice...if you're too busy, or too security-conscious, or just plain uninterested in making cursory polite chit-chat with an old acquaintance on Facebook who starts stalking you anyway...you're likely to be seen as an "Uppity b*tch" who is smug and full of herself, and needs taking down a peg or two--by violence if necessary. Seriously, women CANNOT win. No matter what approach you take, you'll be criticized for bringing it on yourself. And when that criticism comes from other women? It's absolutely heart-breaking. Why aren't we criticizing the perpetrators? It is bad enough that women have to constantly negotiate their own safety--on campus, in parking lots, and now on the Internet--must we defend ourselves from aspersions from other women, too?

Women have to negotiate these situations every day--it's the reason that so many women get creeped out when getting cat-called on the street: you have to worry about what reaction to give, and what response it might get. Do you ignore him and scurry by, head down? Sass back? Make a flirty comment? Yell "eff you!" and flip him the middle finger? Any one of those reactions is equally likely to get the reaction of "Just who do you think you are, b*tch? Who are you to ignore me/act like you didn't hear me/mouth off to me/act like you want it/piss me off?" In the mind of someone who has already decided to treat you like an object who exists only for his amusement, it doesn't matter what your reaction is. He's already decided how he's going to play his little game, regardless.

You know, one of the things about coming over to read WebSleuths is that we're all concerned about victims of crime. And I'm guessing that many of us get frustrated by what feels like the inability to do anything about it, or to help out in the cases here. I know I do--I have a really intensive job, so I don't the time to do a lot of computer sleuthing to try to match up unidentified bodies and unsolved cases. I'm not particularly observant, so I'm unlikely to notice small clues that might help solve a case. And those police artist drawings of suspects, and busts of unidentified victims? They never look like the people they turn out to be, to me. I don't mean that they're poorly done, just that I don't have the imagination and eye to "see" the resemblance unless it's glaringly obvious. I'm not likely to ever run for elected office, so I'm never going to be in a position to write and pass important anti-violence legislation...and while I do sign petitions, I always have the sneaking suspicion that those are kind of a waste of time, because Congress certainly seems to do whatever they want, regardless of how voters feel about it. So it's easy for many of us to get discouraged and wonder what we can possibly do about what seems like an epidemic of crime against women. But there's one easy thing we can all do, every single day: don't add to the "some women have it coming" rhetoric. We already live in a society where women are valued largely for their looks, and objectified in ways that make it easy for some disturbed and criminal people to see them as less than human, as less than "worthy." So we can each make sure we don't add to that climate. Because every single, "Yeah, but she shouldn't have friended him" comment is just one more piece of evidence that misogynist will use to justify his actions, one more piece of evidence that an elected official will use in deciding that he can safely vote "no" on anti-violence against women legislation because hey, there's probably not going to be a massive voter backlash if he does. If even women can't stand in solidarity with each other, how do we expect to make ourselves heard? [/soapbox rant]

Link to their convos --

http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/

All posted by the victim in a public forum. I assume its okay to post here.

If not, plz delete.

Hugs,

Mel

ETA disclaim by the victim: (This blog was created on February 22, 2011 to allow the public to see the actual letters that were sent. This isn't a blog that I maintained while the letters were being sent. Be smart and note the dates before you comment about the situation.)

If you are suggesting that the victims mother whom is also a police officer had something to do with the expedited results, you should do a little more sleuthing. You will find that the victim's mother is an officer for the City of Tulsa while all of the work done on this case was with Pawnee County over an hour away from Tulsa well out of her jurisdiction. And I can only imagine how the Pawnee County Sheriff's Office could have treated some big city cop if she barged in trying to tell them how to do their job.

From what I'm reading on line - she did not get any special treatment.

Wow THE USB drive engraving is nuts!

That is truly, utterly disturbing:

It was a sterling silver (very nice probably quite expensive) USB Flash drive on a key ring in a gift box. Engraved on one side of the USB drive was my name "Lexie" but when you turned it around "bite me" was engraved on the back.

I hope this guy is 5150'd for awhile and not let out before some serious treatment and meds. Because we all know in this day and age, he's not going to stay behind bars for long. Some judge will come along and say "he didn't actually do anything" blah, blah, blah.

We all gotta keep an eye out for guys like this, especially this one -- after he gets out of jail. My heart goes out to Elexis.

MOO

Mel

You know, women can just never win. We're taught from a young age to be "nice" above all. To be caring. To be courteous. Girls are more likely to raise their hands in class and wait to be called on--we're just taught to be nice, and to be polite--to be "ladies." And then when some self-entitled a-hole decides to stalk you, you get slammed for being TOO NICE, and told that because you're too nice, it's somehow all your fault, and that you run "hot" and "cold," and led him on.

But if you're not too nice...if you're too busy, or too security-conscious, or just plain uninterested in making cursory polite chit-chat with an old acquaintance on Facebook who starts stalking you anyway...you're likely to be seen as an "Uppity b*tch" who is smug and full of herself, and needs taking down a peg or two--by violence if necessary. Seriously, women CANNOT win. No matter what approach you take, you'll be criticized for bringing it on yourself. And when that criticism comes from other women? It's absolutely heart-breaking. Why aren't we criticizing the perpetrators? It is bad enough that women have to constantly negotiate their own safety--on campus, in parking lots, and now on the Internet--must we defend ourselves from aspersions from other women, too?

Women have to negotiate these situations every day--it's the reason that so many women get creeped out when getting cat-called on the street: you have to worry about what reaction to give, and what response it might get. Do you ignore him and scurry by, head down? Sass back? Make a flirty comment? Yell "eff you!" and flip him the middle finger? Any one of those reactions is equally likely to get the reaction of "Just who do you think you are, b*tch? Who are you to ignore me/act like you didn't hear me/mouth off to me/act like you want it/piss me off?" In the mind of someone who has already decided to treat you like an object who exists only for his amusement, it doesn't matter what your reaction is. He's already decided how he's going to play his little game, regardless.

You know, one of the things about coming over to read WebSleuths is that we're all concerned about victims of crime. And I'm guessing that many of us get frustrated by what feels like the inability to do anything about it, or to help out in the cases here. I know I do--I have a really intensive job, so I don't the time to do a lot of computer sleuthing to try to match up unidentified bodies and unsolved cases. I'm not particularly observant, so I'm unlikely to notice small clues that might help solve a case. And those police artist drawings of suspects, and busts of unidentified victims? They never look like the people they turn out to be, to me. I don't mean that they're poorly done, just that I don't have the imagination and eye to "see" the resemblance unless it's glaringly obvious. I'm not likely to ever run for elected office, so I'm never going to be in a position to write and pass important anti-violence legislation...and while I do sign petitions, I always have the sneaking suspicion that those are kind of a waste of time, because Congress certainly seems to do whatever they want, regardless of how voters feel about it. So it's easy for many of us to get discouraged and wonder what we can possibly do about what seems like an epidemic of crime against women. But there's one easy thing we can all do, every single day: don't add to the "some women have it coming" rhetoric. We already live in a society where women are valued largely for their looks, and objectified in ways that make it easy for some disturbed and criminal people to see them as less than human, as less than "worthy." So we can each make sure we don't add to that climate. Because every single, "Yeah, but she shouldn't have friended him" comment is just one more piece of evidence that misogynist will use to justify his actions, one more piece of evidence that an elected official will use in deciding that he can safely vote "no" on anti-violence against women legislation because hey, there's probably not going to be a massive voter backlash if he does. If even women can't stand in solidarity with each other, how do we expect to make ourselves heard? [/soapbox rant]

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

WOW! Post of the day!

New entries on the blog. This one is a must-read, and sheds even more light into the perp's creepy mind-set. It also nicely highlights the assertive young woman's efforts to be clear and honest with the perp.

http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/2011/03/missing-live-chats-revealed.html

(ETA: Snipped quote--there's much more at link)
2/10/2011 0:35 Elexis Hennigh I just wanted to get out of the house. I thought it would be nice. Then you spun out of control with expectations. My dad was in town and you pressured me all day to give you a time or plan.
2/10/2011 0:36 Travis Levi Taylor You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I was distracted by some other things at the time, but that's not an excuse.
2/10/2011 0:37 Travis Levi Taylor For the record, my only expectation was to have dinner.
2/10/2011 0:38 Travis Levi Taylor Coincidentally...
2/10/2011 0:38 Travis Levi Taylor when you asked me to dinner
2/10/2011 0:38 Travis Levi Taylor I was sorta seeing someone.
2/10/2011 0:40 Elexis Hennigh k
2/10/2011 0:41 Travis Levi Taylor Thank You for accepting my friend request.
2/10/2011 0:41 Travis Levi Taylor I have been kindof miserable, thinking you would never talk to me again.
2/10/2011 0:42 Elexis Hennigh there you go throwing guilt on me yet again. I didn't do anything to you.
2/10/2011 0:42 Travis Levi Taylor Oh, it wasn't your fault.
2/10/2011 0:42 Travis Levi Taylor I didn't mean to imply it.
2/10/2011 0:43 Elexis Hennigh but you sure make sure to inform me that you would have been miserable if I hadn't accepted your friend request. SRSLY. come on
2/10/2011 0:43 Travis Levi Taylor That's because I'm kindof an idiot, Lexie.
2/10/2011 0:43 Travis Levi Taylor Everybody knows I'm a genius.. but I'm also an moron.
2/10/2011 0:44 Travis Levi Taylor My stupidity isn't so obvious.

Emboldened, italicized, and underlined by me, for emphasis.
There you have it--Travis is a genius who is also a moron, but his stupidity isn't so obvious. So, imo, he's saying "I'm super smart, but try to shield my creepy and manipulative behavior with the guise of stupidity. But, mind you, my ego demands that I remind you that my super smarts are first and foremost." What an <unusual person> (oh what I could fill in those <>'s with).

Also, there's an awesome shout-out on the blog to our own member mouse for her post seen upthread, which, imo, wasn't just "post of the day," but "post to be remembered, bookmarked, and linked-to in the future."

http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/?zx=5734c2dfbe1d778c

Finally, I'd like to thank EH out there for providing me with a source I hadn't previously heard of (Internet Evidence Finder).

New entry on the blog, entitled "Probable Cause Affidavit"

http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/2011/03/probable-cause-affidavit.html

Here's a great quote, said by the affiant, a member of the Pawnee County Sheriff's Office:

Based on my training, experience and the opinion of other Investigators I believe that [EH] is and possibly could be in imminent danger based on the threats and comments made by Taylor.

Let me go ahead and enlarge and embolden that, for emphasis. Just so everyone's clear, THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WHO READ THE FACEBOOK THREATS, THE SAME THREATS WE'VE READ, THOUGHT THAT EH WAS IN IMMINENT DANGER.

The law enforcement officer did not state that well, maybe it's a joke, or some hardcore internet trolling, or some sweet but misguided courting gone wrong, but heck, let's just arrest him anyway because we have no professional integrity. Nope.

Imminent danger.
:seeya:

Another nugget from the affidavit on the new new blog post (emboldening mine, for emphasis):

http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/2011/03/probable-cause-affidavit.html

During the course of this interview Taylor stated that he had planned on killing Elexis Hennigh and that he planned on carrying out this act on 02/18/2011. Taylor stated that he had a weapon that he had planned on using for this act but he would not tell us where it was or what it was until we returned to the residence with a more detailed search warrant. Taylor further stated that he had gotten the idea to cut up the body of Hennigh and eat her from reading books and internet articles about Jeffery Dahmer (a well known serial killer) and other mass murderer articles and books.

Huh, guess law enforcement doesn't treat unoriginal threats any differently than original threats...it's almost as if their emphasis is on the fact that either way, it's a THREAT. This one even included PLANNING and MEANS and ADMITTED INTENT. So the threatening party was arrested. Imagine that. Oh, I don't have to imagine, it's right there on the affidavit. :innocent:

My heart goes out to EH. Not just for the horror she was experienced with this creep, but it also seems like every time you think that's as bad as it can get she is re-victimized again. I hope this is the beginning of getting some good quality people in her life and weeding out the non supportive ones. Sometimes unfortunately in times of crisis we find out who are real friends are and who they are not. JMO.

Looks like EH's former house-mates were more than happy to...well, you can read it for yourself because I can't word a summary in nice enough terms to not get a modsnip:

"Repercussions Persist"

http://elexishennigh.blogspot.com/2011/03/repercussions-persist.html

Actually - I think her roommates are right, unless I'm misunderstanding something here?

She failed to talk to her roommates. She left it up to them to read her blog to figure out what was going on regarding their living arrangements. EH is the one who said she was moving. I understand perfectly why she felt she needed to move. BUT she had a responsibility to DISCUSS this with her roommates. And once Travis was arrested and she changed her mind about moving, AGAIN she had a responsibility to discuss this with her roommates.

We all know it is not easy to move and plans often have to be made weeks, sometimes months, in advance to insure you have somewhere to move to. Because EH failed to discuss the situation with her roommates, they could only interpret her blogging as best they could and they had to interpret it in a way that meant they wouldn't be homeless if she did move. Here, is where it all seems to have fallen apart. Because there was not honest dialouge, feelings were hurt and trusts were broken.

I'm sorry for EH and I understand her preoccupation with more pressing matters, but I don't see this as bad against the roommates. I see it as misunderstandings between the 3 of them. Hopefully they can work it out and salvage their friendship sometime in the future.

Salem

Hope it's O.K. to share this here. I thought people may be interested.

Today in our paper there's a huge article about a guy in Philly named Todd Hart who electronically stalked his ex girlfriend.

Enlightening article. It involves a "spoof card" and some kind of thing where you can send an e-mail and the person opens it but it disappears before you can even copy it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/118313734.html

Frightening stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC