Identified! OK - Tulsa, Human remains in SUV in pond, Oct'11 - Sheila Scott-Sharpe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One more question... what is a 'Detention' pond?

I know what a 'Retention' pond is- but err....

Gah! We had the same thing happen south of here, only with an arm from a vehicular accident. It's never been found. Everytime I drive down that stretch of road I wonder about whos kid or dog is going to come running back with it.

LMAO ..yuck...

I had a friend find a boot with a foot in it. He found out after he found it how it got there. It was from a motorcyle accident. The couldnt find his foot when they cleared the seen and My friend found it 6 months later.

He was 12 so they came bak and told him it wasnt from a murder victim.

One more question... what is a 'Detention' pond?

I know what a 'Retention' pond is- but err....

Detention basin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A detention basin is a stormwater management facility installed on, or adjacent to, tributaries of rivers, streams, lakes or bays that is designed to protect against flooding and, in some cases, downstream erosion by storing water for a limited period of a time. These basins are also called "dry ponds", "holding ponds" or "dry detention basins" if no permanent pool of water exists. Some detention ponds are also "wet ponds" in that they are designed to permanently retain some volume of water at all times. In its basic form, a detention basin is used to manage water quantity while having a limited effectiveness in protecting water quality, unless it includes a permanent pool feature.

Gah! We had the same thing happen south of here, only with an arm from a vehicular accident. It's never been found. Everytime I drive down that stretch of road I wonder about whos kid or dog is going to come running back with it.

I have a very funny story about an accident I witnessed and a guy with one arm. I dont have time to tell it now so remind me one day when you need a laugh.

Really though ,who's foot is this?

I have a very funny story about an accident I witnessed and a guy with one arm. I dont have time to tell it now so remind me one day when you need a laugh.

Really though ,who's foot is this?

Thanks for the update on 'detention' ponds. If it had said 'holding' I would have known what it was, lol.
And I need a laugh most days, so just tell away when you have time!

And yeah- who's foot is this? They might want it back? I shudder to think they might be alive, and seeing it for the first time on the news.

(Although I most certainly would be happy that they were alive!)

this is the area i grew up right down the street from here....creepy

City begins emptying pond where foot was found (Tulsa World)
---
A search of the pond Tuesday by the Tulsa Police Department dive team was complicated by murky water and revealed nothing else related to the incident, Officer Leland Ashley said.

The Public Works Department crew expected to finish pumping the pond sometime Friday, although workers expected rain to complicate the process, he said.
---

Thanks for the update on 'detention' ponds. If it had said 'holding' I would have known what it was, lol.
And I need a laugh most days, so just tell away when you have time!

And yeah- who's foot is this? They might want it back? I shudder to think they might be alive, and seeing it for the first time on the news.

(Although I most certainly would be happy that they were alive!)

Heh. Not that this is a laughing matter!

If this were someones foot who IS alive, I'm not sure someone could survive that much blood loss without going to hospital. The hospital would have alerted police to the incident, and I'm sure police would have tried to retrieve it for re-attachment (if that's possible). I'm sure they would have looked for it anyway. Kinda lawsuit-y if left there after known incident...biohazard. I would think news outlets would have picked up on something like "lost foot in retention pond". I doubt an alligator bit it off...(you know what I mean). I don't think they're in Oklahoma =) I also would guess a family member/friend would have called in and said "Yeah, so-and-so lost their foot in that pond".

When was the shoe sold ?

As early as 1981, and still selling today. I'm assuming the color schemes change periodically, though.

bbm

Looking to stand out, but not show off? Since 1981, the Jazz O's have been our most popular shoe, offering extreme comfort and classic, not-trying-too-hard style with now legendary triangular lugs and plenty of cushioning, and two different laces.

http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteCo...howDefaultOption=true&iCID=O-Home-Media-JazzO

This is such a mystery to me. No body found, just a foot in a shoe. Just one shoe. Where's the other shoe?

Surely someone who lost a foot would need emergency medical care (loss of blood). It looks like a ladies sneaker to me. I suspect foul play. Any leads on missing persons in the area? I feel so bad for this person and what they must have gone thru.

I'm hoping that LE is standing guard at the pond, during this entire draining procedure. Or at least there's a security camera (that works).

Am I jaded?

"There's not any kind of cut marks to indicate where it had been sawed off, there's no indication that tells us it was severed in any way or broken," said Sgt. Farley.

Theories on how the foot got into the pond? "I don't know, I don't know at all," said one woman watching the divers in action.

"One of the crime scene detectives actually related to me that it looked like maybe even a fish or turtle more likely might have been gnawing on the body part, which is kind of creepy," said Sgt. Farley.

"It's very creepy," said the woman.

Police say the foot may have been in the water for several months, even as far back as last winter.

http://www.ktul.com/story/15875317/human-foot-found-in-detention-pond

http://www.newson6.com/story/158811...tulsa-retention-pond-in-search-for-body-parts

This article says there were bones found in the shoe..."the bones of a foot still inside". I thought perhaps it had tissue, etc.

Maybe this has been discussed already - i don't think I've seen the "bones" in news yet. Sorry in advance if it has!

There must have been at least some tissue there, you wouldn't see evidence of fish or turtles snacking on bones could you? Though I would think it would be difficult to tell with just eyeing decomposing flesh whether it had been gnawed at or whether it was just decomp.

I am thinking though that there may have been at least a little flesh there.

Even after draining the pond, the bottom would have mud quite deep. So even after draining the pond they will still have quite a bit of searching to do.

Publishing the shoe photo should help (for those who watch the news on TV and watch/read online plus word of mouth). But obviously, finding more clothing on more remains will help more. There's probably unrelated clothing/items in there. Sigh.

Rest In Peace, whoever you are. :rose: No one deserves to be found like this.

Publishing the shoe photo should help (for those who watch the news on TV and watch/read online plus word of mouth). But obviously, finding more clothing on more remains will help more. There's probably unrelated clothing/items in there. Sigh.

Rest In Peace, whoever you are. :rose: No one deserves to be found like this.

BBM:
That's for sure. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste