Identified! OK - Tulsa, Human remains in SUV in pond, Oct'11 - Sheila Scott-Sharpe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So... who wants to guess that this was not an accident, but a crime? And that COD might turn out to be a GSW? (Total speculation on my part, btw.)

Ugh. Seriously- what is wrong with people.

I wonder if they are done draining the pond? It didnt look like it from the pics... i wonder what else they will find?!?

I wonder if they are done draining the pond? It didnt look like it from the pics... i wonder what else they will find?!?
From the look of the pics I saw, looks like they'll be done later today (I think those pictures were taken this morning). Then they'll have to dig through mud and slime and see what they find.

I live in Tulsa - this is a sad story.

The Latimer county connection is more than a little freaky. Does anyone else think she was probably dead when she went into the water? The pond is small, stagnant body of water. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to escape if it was an accident, or at the very least she would have been outside the car trying to escape not inside it. Even if you never learned to swim the survival instinct would kick in if this were an accident.

The weather in February is in the 40s on average...that water must have been freezing if she went into the water that night

Remains Found In SUV In Tulsa Pond, Vehicle Traced To Missing Woman (newson6.com)
---
Detectives say they have not positively matched the remains with the foot found in a shoe at the pond that started the investigation.
---
Well, yet anyway.
The dive team also found several knives and a gun on the opposite end of the pond. Police don't believe the weapons are connected to the SUV.

Right now, they're focusing on Sheila Scott.

"Trace her steps back once we determine who it is and try to find out if was this an accident or was this a homicide. Those are all questions that we have," [TPD Officer Jason] Willingham said.
---
more at link above, including a couple "web extra" videos

Quote:
Her vehicle has never been found. However, records show that someone in Latimer County ran a National Crime Information Center check on the vehicle's tag on March 31, 2006. Police have never been able to determine who ran the check on the vehicle or why.
Dumb question of the day: can just anyone run a National Crime Information Center check on a vehicle tag? Or is this an official secure system that is limitted to access by an LE officer or employee?

Dumb question of the day: can just anyone run a National Crime Information Center check on a vehicle tag? Or is this an official secure system that is limitted to access by an LE officer or employee?
The purpose for maintaining the NCIC system is to provide a computerized database for ready access by a criminal justice agency making an inquiry (...) Users of the NCIC system will be restricted to only those privileges necessary to perform an authorized task(s).

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

It's not unknown, however, for checks to be run by authorized agencies on the behalf of an individual who asks; not strictly on the up-and-up at all times.

Any thoughts on why someone all the way in Latimer County of all places would run the tag a month and a half after she disappeared? Seems really fishy (no pun intended). Would whoever is investigating this in Tulsa be able to find out who did the search and contact them?

Any thoughts on why someone all the way in Latimer County of all places would run the tag a month and a half after she disappeared? Seems really fishy (no pun intended). Would whoever is investigating this in Tulsa be able to find out who did the search and contact them?
I'm hoping the investigation takes a close look into this info.

Right now, I can only resort to my one-word standby when encountering unsettling things in Oklahoma: "drugs."

This story just makes me want to drain every retention pond in the country so all the poor missing can be found and identified. I bet 80% of the missing could be located in the bottom of retention ponds.

I guess that is dependent upon how the software system was written.

The article said that "Police have never been able to determine who ran the check on the vehicle or why."

But they don't say whether the inquiry was traced to a specific location or userid, do they?

Once again...LE knows more than we do, and they're not talkin'. Frustrating for a sleuth! :)

Wow isn't that something, I knew the pond was big, but I did not realize it could swallow full size suv's :eek:

I am glad there will be some closure for this woman's family, 2006 missing, I hope LE really looks into this.

I have a hard time with LE in OK as I am of the opinion that they couldn't find a wet noodle if it was stuck to their face..... this does not apply to all of LE in OK but the case's I have followed from OK they haven't impressed me much, just sayin :angel:

Prayers

I just saw this when reading about Carina Saunders. It looks like an ID will be made, but thought it was worth posting.

October 28, 2011 18:14 EDT TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Police in Tulsa have recovered skeletal
remains in a pond where a human foot was found earlier this week.

Ashley says the SUV traces back to a woman who was reported
missing the day after Valentine's Day in 2006.
http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_4193.shtml?wap=0

I didn't see a thread here for a person missing on that date from Oklahoma, though she could be missing from another state.

Vehicles in Tulsa pond where human foot was found
October 28, 2011 12:59 EDT
TULSA, Okla. (AP) --

Police say a sport utility vehicle and a car have been revealed
as the water level recedes.
http://www.okcfox.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.ok/22657722-www.okcfox.com.shtml?wap=0&

The article goes on to say that the car had been reported stolen, but not the SUV. The foot is believed to be that of a female inside a size 9 Saucony Jazz shoe. Ring any bells?

ETA: I forgot to add the link. Sorry.

I found a Maureen Erin Fields who went missing on that date in Nevada....awful far from there though...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinfowler
Back