OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't read too much into what one cop told Rickman. He could have just said it snidely because of Rickman's prior arrests, including that on Feb. 21, Rickman was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault and Battery in the Presence of Minors and Public Intoxication, which prompted the district attorney to ask the court to revoke Rickman’s probation. The charge was for attacking his mother in law.
It doesn't matter what the officer thought. It is his responsibility to uphold the court order, which stated that Wrangler had custody of his children.

If Tifany or the officer disagreed with the court order, then it is their responsibility to go back to court and apply to change the custody arrangement. They did not have the authority to refuse to abide by the court order. The officer made a bad choice, and officers like that may have emboldened Tifany in thinking that the law didn't apply to her.

Shortly after the disappearance of Butler and Kelley, and less than ten miles from where they went missing, two burner phones were at a property where a hole had been dug, filled back in and covered with hay.

The property owner, Jamie Beasley, said that dirt work was done with a skid steer by Cullum on March 29 and was finished March 30. Cullum rents pasture property owned by Beasley.

Beasley knew Cullum left his skid steer on the property on March 29, and when he awoke on March 30, it was gone.

On March 31, Cullum was at Beasley’s house and told Beasley that police were looking at him for the disappearance of Butler and Kelley and that he didn’t want police to cause a problem for Beasley.

Beasley said if anyone asked, he would say Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him.

Thanks for highlighting this.

I keep reading that the vehicle was located by JK's husband and friend but here it's VB's family members.

Just wanting to keep the timeline straight in me melon -- who discovered the car has minimal bearing on the case, of course, and it looks like both women were missed early on and authorities notified even as family search parties were mustered, all of which helped to scupper the Misfits' woeful plans.
Before we had rumour (from who knows where), and now we have court documents where investigators explain who phoned them and when.

When Veronica did not arrive at the birthday party for her daughter, her family began looking for her. They found her abandoned vehicle at 12:09 PM. They phoned police.

Jilian's family was not there. They did not know that she was missing until notified later, presumably by police after 12:30.

The custody battle between Butler and Rickman began in February 2019. The affidavits claim that there are recordings where Rickman talks about death threats made by his mother and her boyfriend, Tad Cullum. The affidavit is not clear about who the death threats were against.

The OSBI says that after the women disappeared, the phones were at another person’s property in a pasture where fresh dirt work had been done.

The OSBI says all the pre-paid phones stopped transmitting on the morning of March 30 near the fresh dirt site and near the Twombly home.

The person who owns the land where the dirt work was done says Cullum rents the pasture. The owner says Cullum asked, on March 28 or 29, if he could cut a tree down, remove a stump, bury some concrete and do dirt work. The owner said Adams was with Cullum during the request. The owner gave Cullum permission.

According to the affidavit, OSBI agents later found out that Adams' had bought five stun guns at the Big R store in Guymon on March 23, 2024, just a few days before the women went missing. Agents also discovered Adams bought three pre-paid cell phones from the Guymon Wal-Mart in February. Agents said all three were in the area where Butler's car was found around the time of the disappearance.

According to the affidavit, they found two of the three pre-paid phones Adams bought pinged at a property below a dam near a pasture, about 8.5 miles away from where Butler's car was found.

Last edited:
Before we had rumour (from who knows where), and now we have court documents where investigators explain who phoned them and when.

When Veronica did not arrive at the birthday party for her daughter, her family began looking for her. They found her abandoned vehicle at 12:09 PM. They phoned police.

Jilian's family was not there. They did not know that she was missing until notified later, presumably by police after 12:30.
Family was probably already worried. Pick up time 10 AM. Sounds like they only waited about an hour before heading out to look for them. Assuming/hoping they'd pass the women coming back well before theyd gone the distance. Meanwhile neither woman answering her phone. I can only imagine arriving and seeing what we now know was there. So many people living unspeakable pains over this.

Shortly after the disappearance of Butler and Kelley, and less than ten miles from where they went missing, two burner phones were at a property where a hole had been dug, filled back in and covered with hay.

The property owner, Jamie Beasley, said that dirt work was done with a skid steer by Cullum on March 29 and was finished March 30. Cullum rents pasture property owned by Beasley.

Beasley knew Cullum left his skid steer on the property on March 29, and when he awoke on March 30, it was gone.

On March 31, Cullum was at Beasley’s house and told Beasley that police were looking at him for the disappearance of Butler and Kelley and that he didn’t want police to cause a problem for Beasley.

Beasley said if anyone asked, he would say Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him.
So Cullum knew police were looking at him before the arrest, on the day after in fact? Then Tifany knew too, and the others presumably.

So Cullum knew police were looking at him before the arrest, on the day after in fact? Then Tifany knew too, and the others presumably.
It's no wonder none of the four looked particularly well-rested for their mugshots. I don't guess any of them were sleeping too well the last couple of weeks.

Good.

The custody battle between Butler and Rickman began in February 2019. The affidavits claim that there are recordings where Rickman talks about death threats made by his mother and her boyfriend, Tad Cullum. The affidavit is not clear about who the death threats were against.

The OSBI says that after the women disappeared, the phones were at another person’s property in a pasture where fresh dirt work had been done.

The OSBI says all the pre-paid phones stopped transmitting on the morning of March 30 near the fresh dirt site and near the Twombly home.

The person who owns the land where the dirt work was done says Cullum rents the pasture. The owner says Cullum asked, on March 28 or 29, if he could cut a tree down, remove a stump, bury some concrete and do dirt work. The owner said Adams was with Cullum during the request. The owner gave Cullum permission.

The landowner said Cullum did the work with a skid steer on March 30, and the skid steer was gone by noon
Not that law enforcement needs those phones, but I imagine they were thrown in the grave with the women. I wouldn't be surprised if law enforcement was able to recover them.

ETA: They did recover two of those phones, so perhaps this is how.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that TA's call to Veronica on the morning of the disappearance was not only to make sure she was coming this time, since their attempt in February was foiled by Veronica not leaving her house, but also to have pinpoint accuracy on timing. She called while Veronica was picking Jilian up, so she'd have a great idea of information on exactly when they left and when to ambush them.

It doesn't matter what the officer thought. It is his responsibility to uphold the court order, which stated that Wrangler had custody of his children.

If Tifany or the officer disagreed with the court order, then it is their responsibility to go back to court and apply to change the custody arrangement. They did not have the authority to refuse to abide by the court order. The officer made a bad choice, and officers like that may have emboldened Tifany in thinking that the law didn't apply to her.
Unless there's a police report detailing what happened, we really don't know what was said/exchanged completely. I have no idea how many times cops were called out due to circumstances like this but until we know the context of this particular situation, if anyone knows or has the report I just thought it was more likely something said snidely than them giving TA the power to think she was above the law imo. I don't even know if TA heard this remark but it wouldn't have mattered unfortunately. She already was scheming this sick plan.

Not that law enforcement needs those phones, but I imagine they were thrown in the grave with the women. I wouldn't be surprised if law enforcement was able to recover them.
According to the affidavit, they found two of the three pre-paid phones Adams bought pinged at a property below a dam near a pasture, about 8.5 miles away from where Butler's car was found.

Speaking of the February attempt, I wonder who the supervisor was supposed to be that day. The affidavit indicates TA gave the usual supervisor two weeks off, which we all suspect was so that she wasn't the one to be there. But don't we also know that this was Jilian's first instance of being the supervisor? So I wonder who the other target would have been that day, and whether that person now realizes how lucky they were.

On the 31st the day after, I don't think the OSBI and FBI were even involved yet. (maybe OSBI)
I wonder why Cullum and TA were already expressing that the police were looking at them.
Or maybe they were called, interviewed, and they got that sense.

On the 31st the day after, I don't think the OSBI and FBI were even involved yet. (maybe OSBI)
I wonder why Cullum and TA were already expressing that the police were looking at them.
Or maybe they were called, interviewed, and they got that sense.
I think OSBI was involved at that point, but the FBI wasn’t brought in until April 3, if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove