Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. That is a reflection of their cult mentality, and it doesn't make me sad, it makes me angry. Cults thrive by creating a culture of fear, especially among women and children. How many other cases have resulted in cult participants landing in prison? Too many.

I'd like to know if "God's Misfits" was an actual tax-exempt "church" and how many members it has. I think it is very possible this group is much deeper and darker, and LE is still digging.

JMO

If I had to guess, I'd say no it's not a church, and the group associated with the 4 murderers is likely less than 10 people locally with maybe a handful of like-minded folks online they all followed.

As sloppy and stupid as these folks are (and sorry, not name calling, they really did stupid things), I seriously doubt the group is any bigger, deeper or darker - or they'd all have been in jail by now. Likely.

jmo

If I had to guess, I'd say no it's not a church, and the group associated with the 4 murderers is likely less than 10 people locally with maybe a handful of like-minded folks online they all followed.

As sloppy and stupid as these folks are (and sorry, not name calling, they really did stupid things), I seriously doubt the group is any bigger, deeper or darker - or they'd all have been in jail by now. Likely.

jmo
Any group can create a "church" with like-minded people. In Oklahoma there are property tax advantages.

JMO

when googling gods misfits when the news first broke about a religious anti government group I noted there are a number of organizations calling themselves God's misfits/misfitz and so forth.

I agree LE does indeed have access to the computer and phone histories of the accused. So until or unless LE tells me the one you linked is indeed somehow affiliated with the organization/religion that the four murderers were part of I will take pastor squirrel at his word that the four are in no way shape or form associated with his particular online ministry. I'm not sure why others wouldn't. JMO

ETA the site you linked is affiliated with this larger worship group Stable Life Worship Center - Home

Pastor Squirrel ?

Pastor Squirrel ?
The online ministry called God's Misfits is based out of SC and is run by a gentleman whose nickname is Squirrel, so he calls himself Pastor Squirrel. He is a biker from what I can tell and preaches that God loves all and you don't have to look a certain way to be welcomed by God and live by his word. He seems to appeal to the type of person who might not have had great experience with other places of worship.

Anywho, after the story about Tifany and friends belonging to some sort of anti government religion of the same name he has been catching a lot of hate. So much so that he went on Ashley Banfield to explain he doesn't know these folks or anything about them and they do not represent what his online ministry is about.

The online ministry called God's Misfits is based out of SC and is run by a gentleman whose nickname is Squirrel, so he calls himself Pastor Squirrel. He is a biker from what I can tell and preaches that God loves all and you don't have to look a certain way to be welcomed by God and live by his word. He seems to appeal to the type of person who might not have had great experience with other places of worship.

Anywho, after the story about Tifany and friends belonging to some sort of anti government religion of the same name he has been catching a lot of hate. So much so that he went on Ashley Banfield to explain he doesn't know these folks or anything about them and they do not represent what his online ministry is about.

Cool, I like this guy already.

I think people are going overboard over these 4 stooges loosely calling themselves "God's Misfits."

Sounds like a simple nickname not a full blown tax exempt home church group. Sheesh.....

2 Cents

I thought it was a local extremist group in OK.

It is unfortunate that the Pastor felt the need to go public at all.

JMO

Here's an interesting thought exercise.

Between Jan. 1 and the time of this post, there have been 79 criminal felony filings in Texas County.

Out of these 79, five cases seem to be missing from online records. Only one missing case was filed in January (CF-2023-4).

The other four would have been filed at some point between April 8-9 (-65), April 9-10 (-67), April 10-12 (-69), and on either April 19 or 22 (-77).

Interesting that there seem to be four filings that can't be located since this case began. As you may recall, the arrest warrants for the four (Nos. -70-73) remained under seal until they were arrested. Out of the 74 available records, only TA, TC, and the two Twombly cases have notes that they were initially filed under seal.

Well, it is infringing on a person's freedom, which of course, in America, at least is sacrosanct. I suppose all requests for restraining orders have to scrutinized and only granted if there's a real risk of danger, and yes, that's always going to be a subjective call in some ways. I'm sure there would be and probably even are a lot of frivolous requests made out of pettiness or vindictiveness or other invalid reasons, given the contentiousness of these kinds of situations.
Agreed.
And imo -- it's a case by case basis.
Also my .02 these restraining orders can be largely useless at preventing a determined lawbreaker.
But it gives the person who applied for it more legal recourse if the person who is being restrained from going into someone's home, etc., violates the legal agreement ?
Omo.

Agreed.
Also my .02 these restraining orders can be largely useless at preventing a determined lawbreaker.
But it gives the person who applied for it more legal recourse if the person who is being restrained from going into someone's home, etc., violates the legal agreement ?
Omo.

Yes....gives legal recourse.

Jane Doe is tired of John Doe harrassing her and showing up at her house. He is sitting in his car out in the street in front of her house but it isn't illegal to do this and the cops can't really do much to stop him other than ask him to move on.

Completely different with a restraining order. A restraining order ... ie... a protection order, literally gives the cops a way to keep John Doe from sitting in front of Jane's house.

John Doe cannot be near Jane within a certain number of feet and so LE can actually arrest him if he is sitting out in front of her house. I am familiar with PO's my friend had one.

2 Cents

Last edited:
pretty sure I read that too but cannot find a link either.

I can only find references to the Twombleys and Cooks (couple who had the Butler children at the time the murders happened) hosting regular God's Misfits meetings at their homes.
---------------------------------
It wasn’t entirely clear where the children were during the search. Adams told investigators that she had left them in the care of another couple on March 29 and 30; the affidavits said that couple regularly hosted the “God’s Misfits” meetings.
https://www.courthousenews.com/memb...ods-misfits-held-in-killings-of-kansas-women/

According to a witness who spoke to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents, all four suspects were part of “an anti-government group that had a religious affiliation.” The affidavits said they called themselves “God’s Misfits” and held regular meetings at the home of the Twomblys and another couple who Adams said watched the children the day the women disappeared.
Bond denied for 4 'God's Misfits' defendants in the killing of 2 Kansas women

(NewsNation) — The leader of “God’s Misfits,” who goes by the name “Squirrel,” says the suspects involved in the killing of two Kansas moms do not share the same God as him.

“Not my God. … The God that I serve condemns such hate. He’s serving Satan,” Squirrel said during an exclusive interview Friday with NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield.

Squirrel defended his religious organization, adding that he has no relationship with the four suspects and has never been to Oklahoma.

“I have no relation with them at all,” Squirrel said on “Banfield.”
‘God’s Misfits’ group disavows suspects in killing of Kansas moms

apparently not even God's Misfits claim these murderers.
That Squirrel guy has no connection to these people. Just a coincidence that they had groups with the same name.

Jury pool could be a problem. Small population, large area

Second Largest County in Oklahoma
Area
• Total 2,049 sq mi (5,310 km2)
• Land 2,041 sq mi (5,290 km2)
• Water 7.4 sq mi (19 km2) 0.4%

Population (2020)
• Total 21,384
• Density 10/sq mi

Registered voters
• Total 8,667
I keep thinking about this as well
..but ya know they got juries for Lori and Chad...so I have hope

Or how long does a trailer or truck need to be to block a roadway?

I wish we could see the inside of that partially enclosed long neck fifth-wheel livestock trailer. I am wondering if it might contain a dividing or partitioning center section that might render it as two long stalls for the animals? And if so, perhaps there was a surprise when it was opened and the realization that VB Kia was not going to fit. MOO
Stock trailers typically used for cattle won’t have a divider going lengthwise down the middle. They will instead have partitions (close like gates) that can be left open. I’ve included a pic of a standard cattle trailer. Horse trailers will have dividers you speak of, but typically not cattle haulers. Hope this helps :)
MOO

Attachments

• IMG_3933.jpeg
    IMG_3933.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11
Many residents will also have relationships with the four defendants and/or their families. That would limit impartiality.
Ita.
Everyone seems to know everyone else !

Jury pool could be a problem. Small population, large area

Second Largest County in Oklahoma
Area
• Total 2,049 sq mi (5,310 km2)
• Land 2,041 sq mi (5,290 km2)
• Water 7.4 sq mi (19 km2) 0.4%

Population (2020)
• Total 21,384
• Density 10/sq mi

Registered voters
• Total 8,667

My guess is they'll have to have a change of venue ?
Nearly impossible to find a jury who is impartial.
Imo.

Could the time of the year the trial(s) is scheduled also impact the number of people available as jurors? Planting or harvesting season is very work intensive for farmers. Surely ranchers have busy seasons they can't afford to be away from their "jobs". A long trial could seriously impact their crops and their yearly incomes.
Good points !
Omo.

Here's an interesting thought exercise.

Between Jan. 1 and the time of this post, there have been 79 criminal felony filings in Texas County.

Out of these 79, five cases seem to be missing from online records. Only one missing case was filed in January (CF-2023-4).

The other four would have been filed at some point between April 8-9 (-65), April 9-10 (-67), April 10-12 (-69), and on either April 19 or 22 (-77).

Interesting that there seem to be four filings that can't be located since this case began. As you may recall, the arrest warrants for the four (Nos. -70-73) remained under seal until they were arrested. Out of the 74 available records, only TA, TC, and the two Twombly cases have notes that they were initially filed under seal.
Would the four we're talking about be among the 74? I'm not familiar with these kinds of records but does this mean that you can see that there were five felony filings (does that = indictments?) but that you cannot view a file showing what they're about, or what? What does it mean???

Ita.
Everyone seems to know everyone else !

My guess is they'll have to have a change of venue ?
Nearly impossible to find a jury who is impartial.
Imo.

Good points !
Omo.

I do not see a trial happening for TA because she is "taking responsibility" and this is referred to in court as admitting your guilt.

No need for a trial when defendant admits guilt....admits it "on the record."

2 Cents

Agreed.
Omo.
BBM

Totally agree. If someone is determined to kill someone, some piece of paper isn't going to stop them and probably just makes them angrier.

Could the time of the year the trial(s) is scheduled also impact the number of people available as jurors? Planting or harvesting season is very work intensive for farmers. Surely ranchers have busy seasons they can't afford to be away from their "jobs". A long trial could seriously impact their crops and their yearly incomes.
Speaking of being away, IMO it's very likely juries for the 4 will have to be sequestered.

BBM

Totally agree. If someone is determined to kill someone, some piece of paper isn't going to stop them and probably just makes them angrier.

Alot of domestic violence murders have occurred after restraining orders. Never stops the evil of these guys....Usually guys....2 Cents (If I can't have her no one can)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221