Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But that doesn't explain all the other people involved. How does anyone sit around and listen to a plan like this long enough to become involved? Why did someone not shut down the "killing" talk when it was first mentioned? If TA was so influential or powerful they weren't comfortable shouting her down why not walk away? or why show up for the planning meetings? It is beyond my comprehension how a person allows another person in their presence long enough to wind up involved with a group like this.
ETA -- perhaps some children/youth who have to live in neighborhoods with kids in gangs could not get away or stay away without being hurt or killed themselves. But in the instance of this Oklahoma murder, the only possibility I see of someone unable to say "no" might have been Cora.
That's the big question here, and I think at least some of the answer lies in the God's Misfits group. From what I can determine, it had all the trappings (including mind control) of a cult, with TA at the lead.

I don't see a lot of difference between TA and Charles Manson. She had a way of making the Misfits feel special while she controlled their actions.

MOO

Was the Abandoned Gas Stn. Specified in Ct Order?

@otto
Was abandoned gas stn. (or abandoned corner store?) location specified in ct order as the exchange location?

Or was the location agreed independent of ct order? Although from what I've read, my impression is that grandmother & mother agreed on very little.

Was that the usual location for exchange?

Anyone have the ct order itself? Or MSM link handy.
I will try to find the right court records, but VB had petitioned to change the exchange location and it was denied. I can't recall what the reasoning for the denial was.

I don't think a change in location would have stopped TA from trying to eliminate VB, but it likely would have made it more difficult. As it was, at predetermined intervals VB had to drive through an area that was very sparsely populated, had little traffic and few, if any, video cameras anywhere nearby to record what cars or people passed by. It would have been more difficult - not impossible- if the exchange took place in a more visible area. Even an open/working gas station would have been better than the abandoned one. But a courthouse, police station or even fire station would have been more suitable.

I do think TA & her evil minions would have kept trying to murder her, but the court system didn't need to make it so easy to plan.

^^rsbm

What were once public records surrounding the beleaguered custody battle were sealed shortly after missing persons/death investigation and can no longer be linked. I think many are posting from earlier memory. JMO
I have some of the records that were later sealed, but not all. Many of them can't be posted here, and many of the specific details can't be either. However, I believe the still public ones are posted somewhere on websleuths, maybe earlier in this thread.

Reading through the various records I have, there was a time when exchanges were supervised by the Cimarron Sheriffs department, but they were terminated by Cimarron County Sheriff Michael Berguetski because they were deemed unnecessary. This was done prior to March 2021. The reasons the supervision was requested & terminated are not something I think we can discuss.

Damn the Torpedoes?
....Unfortunately, no amount of state or federal rules will stop people like TA once they've made up their minds - in my opinion.
snipped for focus. @CuriousCricket Agreeing on this point.

If a statute requiring exchanges at safe places w vid recording was enacted and in force, ppl like TA here or Josh Powell 12 yrs ago, could be totally aware of these req'mts but would still say --- damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead, and kill hapless, innocent victims imo.

If ppl are not deterred from killing by the possibility of being arrested, tried, being convicted & serving years/decades in PRISON, perhaps being executed, why would they let a pesky little custody exchange req'mt stand in their way?

Whether safe place + video recording req'mt was mandated by statute or court order, they would consider it as having no more significance than a jaywalking citation or a parking ticket. imo

SEP 18, 2024
An Oklahoma judge combined the preliminary hearing for four of the five suspects in the Texas County murders.
  • Adams, Cullum and the Twombly's will be in court for a preliminary hearing on Dec 14. (Court site and article below say Dec 17)
  • Grice waived his preliminary hearing and right to a speedy trial w/next court appearance Feb 19, 2025.
  • All suspects, except for Cole Twombly, asked for their cases to be separated.
  • Cole Twombly asked for the preliminary hearing to be consolidated.
  • The preliminary hearings will be on Dec. 17 at 9 a.m.
  • Grice stayed after to meet with the judge and state and waived his right to a preliminary trial and his right to a speedy trial.
  • Grice will not be involved in any of the other proceedings with the other four defendants.
On Wednesday the State, in its motion document, argued they were only seeking to join the cases for the preliminary hearing, not for trial. They also argued that the young witness, the Twombly’s daughter, would have to travel to Oklahoma 10 separate times to testify. “Such a result is unconscionable,” the document noted.

Last edited:
ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL - OSCN Case Details
CM: MINUTE/ORDER
NEXT MTN DOCKT SET 10/16/2024 AT 9 AM. PRELIM HRG SET FOR ALL CASES 12/17/2024 AT 9:00 A.M. BAIL IS DENIED.
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
ORDER CONSOLIDATING CASES FOR PURPOSE OF PRELIMINARY HEARING

CULLUM, TAD BERT - OSCN Case Details
(Same entries as Tifany Adams)

TWOMBLY, COLE EARL - OSCN Case Details

TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE - OSCN Case Details

GRICE, PAUL JEREMIAH - OSCN Case Details
NEXT MTN DOCKT SET 10/16/2024 AT 9 AM. PRELIM HRG SET FOR ALL CASES 12/17/2024 AT 9:00 A.M. BAIL IS DENIED.
PH WAIVED. MATTER SET FOR FURTH PROCEEDINGS ON 2/19/2025 AT 9:00 A.M. BEFORE JUDGE PARSLEY. BAIL IS DENIED.
WAIVER OF PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SPEEDY TRIAL

Last edited:
SEP 18, 2024
Defense representation for Adams made the case that the hearings should be separated based on lack of discovery, the possible impediment to the defendant’s rights, the overwhelming amount of evidence and exhibits, and overall the ability to keep the hearing and trial organized.

The lawyers representing Adams stated during their oral argument that they “recommend the court eats the elephant one bite at a time.”

Cullum’s attorney expressed concern that the medical examiner’s report would not be ready 10 days before the preliminary hearing, denying the defense attorneys enough time to review it. Prosecutors said they are issuing a subpoena for the medical examiner.

The hearing for Cole and Cora Twombly, Tad Cullum and Tifany Adams will be held on December 17, 2024. On that date, the judge will determine if there's enough evidence to hold someone for trial.

The Texas County district attorney’s office wants to prosecute all five at the same time, but attorneys have asked for separate hearings. For now, Grice will have a separate hearing on February 19th, but the other suspects will be in court December 17th.

ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL - OSCN Case Details

CULLUM, TAD BERT - OSCN Case Details

TWOMBLY, COLE EARL - OSCN Case Details

TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE - OSCN Case Details

GRICE, PAUL JEREMIAH - OSCN Case Details
PH WAIVED. MATTER SET FOR FURTH PROCEEDINGS ON 2/19/2025 AT 9:00 A.M. BEFORE JUDGE PARSLEY. BAIL IS DENIED.
WAIVER OF PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SPEEDY TRIAL
Thanks for the instructions. I was curious as to why LE moved Paul Grice to Woodward County.

Me too ! I hope ALL the children affected by this have good support ! Such a tragedy for such a young children to have to live with. It seems like the children always have to suffer because of evil peoples choices .

Oh, I agree re: all the children.

I specifically called out the Twombly daughter because her statements helped get this group arrested and she will have to testify (perhaps multiple times). And, the Twomblys helped murder two people who had not personally crossed them, so I dread to think what they might try to do to someone who they (likely) feel personally crossed them. MOO.

Do we know why Paul Grice was moved to Woodward Co. jail ,145 miles from Texas Co. jail in Guymon ?
Possibly because he's confessed, is cooperating with LE and will be a witness for the state? (talk about a major irony from a staunch anti-government man) His assistance with the case might mean he would be in grave danger if he remained in the same jail as the other suspects?

PAUL JEREMIAH GRICE

Custody Record
Age 32
Gender Male
Race White

Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Jul **, ****
ID Number 119***
Custody Status Date Sep 18, 2024 12:19 PM CDT
Custody Status In Custody
Custody Detail Woodward County Jail
Book Date Sep 18, 2024 12:00 AM CDT

Paul Grice was booked into Woodward County Jail yesterday. He is one crazy dude. His beliefs are off the wall crazy. I for one am glad he is going to plead guilty and forego the expense and time of a trial.
I think there's more to Mr Grice than meets the eye.

The whole thing is too weird. After he's sentenced, I hope we can keep an eye on his inmate status, because I would not be surprised to find he disappears from the inmate rolls rather quickly.

All just MOO

I think there's more to Mr Grice than meets the eye.

The whole thing is too weird. After he's sentenced, I hope we can keep an eye on his inmate status, because I would not be surprised to find he disappears from the inmate rolls rather quickly.

All just MOO

Agree that it's odd -- but even if he was a high-level informant of some kind, is the guy who has by his own admission and all current evidence been the hand that wielded the knife that ended one of the victim's live still be worth the the gov't's protection, etc?

I know history is littered with such cases (see Bulger, etc) but these were a young mum and a pastor's wife, not big-city criminals. The outcry would be loud and long-lasting.

But who knows? This case has already made the books for its weirdness and sheet brutality.

Oh, I agree re: all the children.

I specifically called out the Twombly daughter because her statements helped get this group arrested and she will have to testify (perhaps multiple times). And, the Twomblys helped murder two people who had not personally crossed them, so I dread to think what they might try to do to someone who they (likely) feel personally crossed them. MOO.

I think the Twombly daughter is in as much jeopardy as Grice. Surely the LE are quietly overseeing her well being.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back