OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the meet up supposed to be at a "rural home" as per the poster? If so how far is this rural home from where the car was found? Is it possible they did arrive at the home and something happened there and the car was dumped afterwards?
Was the driver's seat position changed?
Either two or more people attacked them, or they were attacked inside.
If it was one person taking on both of them outside, one of the women would try to run and give the attacker some trouble. This also speaks to it being premeditated, I guess.

Police in Oklahoma continue to search for 27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jilian Kelley, who were last seen together. Their car was found abandoned. Police are calling it a "suspicious disappearance."
I still haven’t seen LE describe the condition of the car yet. MOO but I fear there could be evidence of a crime within the vehicle which would certainly lend to the suspicious circumstances.
There's a bit about the car in the video above - an OSBI official answers a few questions but is vague.

"As soon as we discovered that vehicle, our investigators worked extensively and thoroughly to try to get, gather as much information as they could to try to help solve this case."

He is asked if they have money, if they have a phone, do they have their wallet, do they have their belongings?

OSBI official says, "That is something that we're still trying to look for, to search, it's undetermined at this time." ???

Then he's asked if they (belongings?) were in the vehicle and he said, "We cannot confirm that." ???

So, possibly their belongings weren't found in the vehicle but it is unknown if VB and JK have their belongings...

ETA: Also per the video, a family member said on SM that Veronica's last phone ping was where the car was found.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed - source was removed by the court>
I 'drove' through Four Corners on Google. It's as desolate as the rest of the place. It's where Hwy 95 changes to Mile 7 at Hwy 412. There's an abandoned gas station and farm type buildings there.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bit about the car in the video above - an OSBI official answers a few questions but is vague.

"As soon as we discovered that vehicle, our investigators worked extensively and thoroughly to try to get, gather as much information as they could to try to help solve this case."

He is asked if they have money, if they have a phone, do they have their wallet, do they have their belongings?

OSBI official says, "That is something that we're still trying to look for, to search, it's undetermined at this time." ???

Then he's asked if they (belongings?) were in the vehicle and he said, "We cannot confirm that." ???

So, possibly their belongings weren't found in the vehicle but it is unknown if VB and JK have their belongings...

ETA: Also per the video, a family member said on SM that Veronica's last phone ping was where the car was.
That's a terrible sign.

I haven't gotten beyond page 3 yet but is it possible that the two women were advised they were not to come to the actual home where the children live but would be met by someone, whether that's her ex or someone who lives with her ex's mother and taken to a location they wouldn't be able to identify.

Sounds crazy but lots of crazy things happen during custody battles. If the children's current living location is less than stellar then maybe it could be used as fodder to change custody. It seems so barren out there. If the Google images taken April 2023 of hwy 95 is indicative of what the environment is like at this time of the year it would be very difficult to hide bodies since it's flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see. No ditches or culverts. Do we know if their phones are pinging? Has LE gotten in touch with the grandmother who allegedly has custody of the children?
BBM

We know barely nothing at all.

ETA: Also per the video, a family member said on SM that Veronica's last phone ping was where the car was.
There’s something on the car that made them suspect foul play. Be it some kind of evidence or the sheer lack of the women’s belongings.

I don’t think they’d stop in the middle of the road, unless people made some kind of roadblock with a few people pointing guns at them. One would think there’d be evidence of that, if that’s the case.

The fact that the police is saying they don’t have a suspect at this time is just dumb. They know we know. I bet they just don’t wanna jump the gun here. If they truly didn’t even know where to look, they’d be asking the public for help, I hope.

An endangered missing person alert has been activated, with the search focused on a rural home in Eva, Oklahoma.
snipped for focus
Is the Eva rural home, the grandma's home, where the children are staying?
I think so right?
So police are searching that property? Can we assume they have a search warrant?
Though maybe the resident allowed a search...

ETA: Also per the video, a family member said on SM that Veronica's last phone ping was where the car was found.
LE is pretty tight lipped, I feel like there was likely evidence in the car one or both were harmed. Just having trouble coming up with a logical way that could have happened. Why take the bodies? So it could also mean that was just a car dump spot and they were potentially abducted and or harmed elsewhere. Wish we had more details, but I understand LE’s silence.

There’s something on the car that made them suspect foul play. Be it some kind of evidence or the sheer lack of the women’s belongings.

I don’t think they’d stop in the middle of the road, unless people made some kind of roadblock with a few people pointing guns at them. One would think there’d be evidence of that, if that’s the case.

The fact that the police is saying they don’t have a suspect at this time is just dumb. They know we know. I bet they just don’t wanna jump the gun here. If they truly didn’t even know where to look, they’d be asking the public for help, I hope.
The same OSBI official said in this video that they can't confirm foul play. However, they DO believe that these women are in danger.

About 1 minute in.

snipped for focus
Is the Eva rural home, the grandma's home, where the children are staying?
I think so right?
So police are searching that property? Can we assume they have a search warrant?
Though maybe the resident allowed a search...
That's my assumption, and I'd be shocked if they didn't obtain a search warrant. MOO

The same OSBI official said in this video that they can't confirm foul play. However, they DO believe that these women are in danger.

About 1 minute in.
Well, they've been missing for 4 days. Jilian has 4 kids at home :confused:, if she were able she'd certainly call her husband and kids. "Can't confirm foul play".....highly doubtful they walked away in the middle of nowhere.

Well, they've been missing for 4 days. Jilian has 4 kids at home :confused:, if she were able she'd certainly call her husband and kids. "Can't confirm foul play".....highly doubtful they walked away in the middle of nowhere.
Oh, I'm pretty certain there is evidence of foul play somewhere. But so far, it doesn't seem they've "confirmed" any at that particular location. Subject to change, perhaps? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela