Omaha Double Murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least two of his victims were white. There's some speculation that he was targeting vulnerable people who were out walking alone, and it was just happenstance that most of the victims were african-americans. But yeah, the m.o. is certainly different, in terms of being outside, all men, etc. But something could have changed for him. I still think it's worth looking into, just because he looks so much like the sketch and the use of a knife.

Now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor....

Within the next several hours I plan to send the image from the last poster's link along with a suggestion to the detectives working on this case and suggest they may want to contact authorities holding this to see if they can develop any links to our case. I have to admit I heard about this arrest and never thought of a connection however once I saw the full face photo of this guy I nearly yelled. His patterns of behavior seem to fit our perp.

Not getting any hopes up but this could be a break...

Paste from an Israeli newspaper re Mr Abuelazam:

Abuelazam, an Israeli citizen living legally in the U.S., reportedly recently visited Israel for his sister's wedding.

One Ramle resident said Abuelazam left Israel at age 19 or 20 after finishing high school.

Another resident said Abuelazam was orphaned by his father at a young age.

The resident added that Abuelazam was allegedly involved with criminals and had a violent streak, which led his mother to send him abroad.

However, other neighbors who studied with Abuelazam in high school said he avoided violence, despite his physical build. They added, however, that Abuelazam seemed to have undergone significant changes during his recent visit to Israel.

A., a former neighbor and classmate, said Abuelazam was pleasant during the time they studied together, but that lately he would picks fights with "anyone who looked him in the eye."

He added when Abuelazam got angry, it took three people to restrain him.

"In recent years he experienced something that changed him entirely. He started using drugs, so his family sent him abroad."
Other rumors in Ramle alleged that Abuelazam engaged in relationships with older women in the U.S. who then supported him financially.

It sounds like he'd been in the US for some time, he is I think 33 or so. I have been told by someone that he has worked in the medical community but I do not know that for sure yet nor where in the US he has spent his time the past few years.

If any of his attacks can be tied to March 13, 2008, that would eliminate him from the Omaha murders. I wonder how hard that would be to check out?

Welcome to the thread ladymemac!

Wow! The composite and the Flint killers pic are eerily similar aren't they? The first thought that I had re: the Flint killer was.....

Who else has this guy killed? Have there been other victims and he has escalated. Someone correct me if I am wrong but don't serial killlers usually escalate in their crimes as time passes?

I just cannnot imagine that this killer just started stabbing people at random in May. I will not be surprised if we learn that there are more victims. I wish I were a better sleuth when it comes to checking criminal records because the above photo, also pictured at below link, states it is an 'undated photo by Arlington Co (VA) PD'. Does this mean he has been arrested in VA at some point?

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/decla...ck-background-of-alleged-serial-knifeman.html

OT I didn't sleep well last night so while awake I prayed a special prayer for the Hunter & Sherman families and for OPD to solve this case. When I signed in this am, I came here first and gasped when I saw the pics posted by ladymemac! Let's keep the faith. Maybe this is a viable lead in solving this case and perhaps other cases too. (Like the stabbing murder of Al Kite)

All MOO.

wm

Welcome to the thread ladymemac!

Wow! The composite and the Flint killers pic are eerily similar aren't they? The first thought that I had re: the Flint killer was.....

Who else has this guy killed? Have there been other victims and he has escalated. Someone correct me if I am wrong but don't serial killlers usually escalate in their crimes as time passes?

I just cannnot imagine that this killer just started stabbing people at random in May. I will not be surprised if we learn that there are more victims. I wish I were a better sleuth when it comes to checking criminal records because the above photo, also pictured at below link, states it is an 'undated photo by Arlington Co (VA) PD'. Does this mean he has been arrested in VA at some point?

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/decla...ck-background-of-alleged-serial-knifeman.html

OT I didn't sleep well last night so while awake I prayed a special prayer for the Hunter & Sherman families and for OPD to solve this case. When I signed in this am, I came here first and gasped when I saw the pics posted by ladymemac! Let's keep the faith. Maybe this is a viable lead in solving this case and perhaps other cases too. (Like the stabbing murder of Al Kite)

All MOO.

wm
BBM. Sadly this serial killer was arrested in Arlington on Aug 5th (later that day he attacked for the second time in Leesburg, Va). Here's a part of the NBC article that covers this...

Police in Arlington, Va., said Abuelazam was arrested there during a routine traffic stop Aug. 5 at 1:15 a.m. Arlington Detective Crystal L. Nosal said police realized he was wanted on a simple assault warrant in Leesburg, about 30 miles away, but a magistrate released him on personal recognizance, meaning he was responsible for returning to court.

Genesee County, Mich., prosecutor David Leyton said the Arlington stop was for failure to obey a highway sign and police found a knife in the driver's side door and a hammer on the floor of Abuelazam's 1996 green and gold Chevrolet Blazer.

Police impounded the Blazer -- which matched a vehicle described by some survivors -- and then gave it back to Abuelazam, Leyton said.

According to court records in Loudoun County, where Leesburg is located, Abuelazam was arrested in December 2007 and charged with felony gun possession. Those charges were dropped the next year.

He was also charged with misdemeanor assault in 2008, and had a court date scheduled for next week.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Serial-Killer-Suspect-Arrested-100517384.html

BBM. Sadly this serial killer was arrested in Arlington on Aug 5th (later that day he attacked for the second time in Leesburg, Va). Here's a part of the NBC article that covers this...

Police in Arlington, Va., said Abuelazam was arrested there during a routine traffic stop Aug. 5 at 1:15 a.m. Arlington Detective Crystal L. Nosal said police realized he was wanted on a simple assault warrant in Leesburg, about 30 miles away, but a magistrate released him on personal recognizance, meaning he was responsible for returning to court.

Genesee County, Mich., prosecutor David Leyton said the Arlington stop was for failure to obey a highway sign and police found a knife in the driver's side door and a hammer on the floor of Abuelazam's 1996 green and gold Chevrolet Blazer.

Police impounded the Blazer -- which matched a vehicle described by some survivors -- and then gave it back to Abuelazam, Leyton said.

According to court records in Loudoun County, where Leesburg is located, Abuelazam was arrested in December 2007 and charged with felony gun possession. Those charges were dropped the next year.

He was also charged with misdemeanor assault in 2008, and had a court date scheduled for next week.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Serial-Killer-Suspect-Arrested-100517384.html

Thank you Searchfortruth! I'm attaching a few other links for reference to determine a timeline because this killer sure moved around alot. He reported his Nintendo Wii game was stolen when he lived in Bradenton, Fl earlier this year. He rented the FL apt in Mar and moved to Flint in May.

It's a shame that he was arrested and released in VA, only to attack again the same day! One things for sure, his DNA is now on file! It will be interesting to see if his DNA matches that of any unsolved cases which has been collected.

Links

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...06&Lopenr=8130378&Ref=AR&template=fullarticle

http://www.freep.com/article/20100812/NEWS06/100812003/1321/Man-held-in-Flint-serial-stabbings

^^^
in above link it appears he has a peircing in his left ear. I hadn't noticed that in the composite sketch of this serial killer. I need to work on my observation skills!!!:innocent:

wm

This alleged maniac gets around. He was in California in 1995.

According to court records in Loudoun County, where Leesburg is located, Abuelazam was convicted of lying on a handgun permit in December 2007. Abuelazam failed to disclose a 1995 low-level felony conviction in Sunnyvale, California, Loudoun County Commonwealth's Attorney James Plowman said. He served about a month in jail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/12/report-police-detain-man-connection-mich-serial-stabbings/

wm

He was in Loudon Correctional Facility in 2008. He served time for a month for the handgun conviction. If he was there in March 08 then we'll know there is no connection to Tom and Shirlee's murder. However, if he was released in Jan or Feb 08 from the California prison, he very well could have been traveling cross country. Just throwing that out there as a possiblity that he could have been passing through Omaha.

Here's a link to the information. Be sure to read all 4 pages as there are several different pics of him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/ser...elazam-gentle-giant-alleged/story?id=11391814

I'll continue digging.

wm

He also was a gamer, possible online game revenge motive comes up again?

A snipet from his Florida life:

He said that in late April, Abuelazam reported to the sheriff's office that someone had stolen his Nintendo Wii gaming system around the time he moved into the apartment. He said it's unclear why Abuelazam was living in Bradenton.

Read more: Abuelazam's arrest confounds mother, ex-wife's family | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201008...onfounds-mother-ex-wifes-family#ixzz0wUv97GDI

Here's a link to a detailed news article in the Loundon Times with a blog- lots of interesting stuff:

http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/UPDATE_Leesburg_stabbing_spree_--_crime_blog455/

It looks like his arrest and jailing in 2008 may have been in November. Maybe someone better able at culling these articles can find that- I posted a question asking for clarification and mentioning the Omaha crimes, did not use my actual name.

If not this article, anothe said that he was known to attack victims from behind. Sound familiar?

Post # 289 states he was convicted in CA in Dec. 2007. I wonder if sentencing took place the same day or at a later date?

Post #290 states he served one month for the conviction. So, IMO, it would be very possible that he was released and traveling cross country in March '08.

I will try and dig up where he landed after being released from Loudon. (IIRC, I read somewhere that he worked at the med facility in VA at that time but am not certain.)

wm

Quite awhile ago, I posted the following snip from a post by an anonymous person on the web site 'True Crime Diary':

The sketch of the olive skin man looks like someone I know. I can't fathom this olive skinned dark haired man doing some crime as bad as this. But the sketch looks like someone I know. Did the housekeeper ever take ballroom dance lessons? Did the housekeeper owe money to a ballroom dance instruction business? Did the housekeeper have any dealings with Primerica Financial Services company? Did the housekeeper owe any money to Primerica Financial Services Company? I hope the police eventually solves this case, but I don't want someone accused unless they are really guilty. The person that looks like the drawing also had access to the ballroom's silver small suv.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see if this guy was in Omaha for any time about the period of the murders and had some connection with a dance studio? Per some articles, he lived off older women- what better hunting grounds for this than a dance school? The poster alleges he drove the studio's car sometimes. I previously submitted this to OPD and of course heard nothing.

Seems like this guy traveled around the country a lot visiting family. I can't find anyone in Nebraska with that last name, but doesn't mean he didn't have relatives there.

I'm curious about something. I'm not good with cars. Can someone chime in --- would anyone ever mix up a Chevy Blazer with a Honda CRV?

From Snick's link above:
Officials said he was not on a watch list. In 2007, he spent “about a month” in jail for a misdemeanor because he provided incorrect information when applying for a firearm license in Virginia. He did not put on the application that he had a felony conviction for fraud in California in 1995, according to Loudoun’s Commonwealth Attorney Jim Plowman.

So he wants to get guns in 2007, his murder sprea could have been much worse had he gotten some guns. Who knows when he started killing people.

From Snick's link above:
Officials said he was not on a watch list. In 2007, he spent “about a month” in jail for a misdemeanor because he provided incorrect information when applying for a firearm license in Virginia. He did not put on the application that he had a felony conviction for fraud in California in 1995, according to Loudoun’s Commonwealth Attorney Jim Plowman.

So he wants to get guns in 2007, his murder sprea could have been much worse had he gotten some guns. Who knows when he started killing people.

He and wife divorced in 2007 according to articles I have read. Then he is convicted of this firearm charge in Dec of the same year for which he served one month in Loudon. Something sure set him off.

Also, according to snick's above link, this perp was employeed at Piedmont medical center til 2008. I am curious when in 2008 that his employment was terminated with Piedmont.

wm

Seems like this guy traveled around the country a lot visiting family. I can't find anyone in Nebraska with that last name, but doesn't mean he didn't have relatives there.

I'm curious about something. I'm not good with cars. Can someone chime in --- would anyone ever mix up a Chevy Blazer with a Honda CRV?

So far I have found this guy has connections in Florida, Texas, California, Michigan, Virginia. He stopped in Ohio to commit another attack while returning from Leesburg, VA (after commiting the 3 attacks there) to Flint, MI. As an aside, the Ohio victim was the only victim who described the perp as middle eastern descent.

Considering that he stopped in Ohio while en route to Mich. to satisfy his urge to attack, I don't feel it is too far fetched a theory that he may have stopped off in Omaha after being released from prison in CA and heading east.
:twocents:
As far as your question regarding SUV's, I cannot help you as I am not good with cars either.

wm

OK I made a mistake in posting that Abuelazam was in a CA prison in 08. The prison is in Virginia. Which means he would have traveled 'west' when released in order to commit murder in Omaha. I am still searching for a release date, to no avail.

http://www.loudoun.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=1419#Correction

His job at the health facility ended in '08 also. Could be due to the month he spent in Loudon. He worked mentally challenged and violent youths according to one article I read. A coworker stated he would help in restraining patients who became violent. (I'll try and find a link to the article.)

So, we know he was convicted in Dec. 2007. He served one month in Loudon in 2008. (MOO most likely in Jan or Feb, shortly after his conviction. Possibly sentenced the same day of conviction and incarcerated immediatley) His employment is terminated at the med facility in 2008. (Was he terminated because of incarceration?)

http://criminalsearches.com/details...3FYt70X1+EA07Q28GOyaBjd74zNi8t9cI=&input=name

^^ above link to criminal offenses in Fairfax Co. VA

all Moo and all that stuff.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads