*OPINION* The widely circulated "proof of life" photo is, in fact, real.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

nclady1983

Reaction score
The following is my own opinion, based on my individual research: I do not claim to be part of any "insider" knowledge; this was all done by a gal who wondered for YEARS about this photo and just had to find out. Many people defer it as a reenactment for the show "Dark Minds".

So, because I had too much time on my hands at work, here is what I did:

I looked at the b&w photo thats always circulating, and I honed in on the newspaper.

I went into Anchorage, Alaskas news archives and pulled up the front page for Feb 3rd, 2012 of that year.

Back to the ransom photo; If you look at the very top, there's a line that says "Daily" and there's nothing but white space after it (which, if you look closely, is actually a white box.

The kind of white box that is commonly used to redact wording, but in white instead of black. I've done it myself many times.

Look closely....that box is a lighter shade of white than the rest of the newspaper.

Someone intentionally redacted the word "deal" in "daily deals"....ask yourself why?

Furthermore, the newspaper in the ransom photo is the same exact front page I pulled from the archive. I cannot imagine any production team would go so far as to match up the *exact* front page of Anchorage news.

Her eyes are so dull and dim. It would be disrespectful for a tv program to reenact it, to that level.

You can see the remnants of the duct tape around her mouth.

You can tell her jaw is locked in rigor mortis.

At the top of the black and white photo, you can literally see where it was ripped after being taken down off the sign keyes stapled it to ("Aint she purty?' in his words).

I have not been able to find a screenshot on the show Dark Minds where this picture is shown. Not even in Google image search.

All of those things led me to believe it is real, particularly the parts I bolded.

The white box was obviously used in order to redact part of the wording in order to put off people like myself, who would actually go so far as to compare the headlines/front page.

The front pages (archive and proof of life photo) are dead ringers for one another, with the only difference being the white box after "daily" that has redacted the word "deals". One says "Daily Deals", the other just says "Daily". Had the white box not been so perfectly square and a shade lighter than the rest of the image, a sleuth may not have noticed.

I wish I could post the screenshots of the info I found, but I'm wanting to be respectful of the rules here and I'm not sure what the guidelines are for posting.

My other opinion is that, while I 100% understand the family's desire to give Samantha the dignity she is owed, ironically I think admitting it was real would actually have led to more censorship of it. Many people wouldnt want to spread it around and it would violate most websites rules on posting images like that. However - I completely understand why her family would favor the method of "debunking" the picture as genuine.

Now that my opinion is that it is most likely real, I make an effort to pretty much avoid it now.

Last edited:
If it does not violate site guidelines, I will be happy to post images of what I found. But honestly its pretty easy to verify on ones own.

CORRECTION"

It is "dealsaver", not "daily deals"

"saver" being the part that is redacted (not "deals")

sorry about that, I'm working in between remembering what I found. I remembered it incorrectly, but it remains the same overall. There's also a discrepancy in the FBI doc where it says "Feb 13, 2012" but I think what it means is that he took a picture of the front page dated 2/3/12 on 2/13/2012. Its still rather confusing, which could also be part of the plan. I dunno I'm admittedly still a little confused on that part, all I know is that the front page for 2/3 is a match.

Have to excuse me, my thinking is a little muddled at this time; also feel free to pick apart my findings.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back