Oprah to feature Kyron on Thursday 9/16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so interesting about your sister. My sister, in New Hampshire, also completely new to the case...saw two desperate loving parents, frustrated by a self-involved souless step-mother (she actually said "step monster") This is someone who just saw the raw emotion....the love of these two wonderful parents.

Interesting contrast, no?

She believes as I do...that any publicity in these cases is a good thing. Kyron could be anywhere. And any publicity that brings pressure on those involved..and those close to them...is better than silence.

We also agreed we do not begrudge any small comfort that doing these interviews brings to the grieving loved ones. Kyron is the first priority. Kaine and Desiree and anything they need, a close second.

BBM

Wow, she got all that from just 5 to 10 minutes of the Oprah interview? A soul less stepmother? Where on earth did she get that from? This was a short interview? TIA moo & hoo

Forgive my crazy imagination ........... Just for a second, lets pretend that Terri Horman had nothing to do with the disappearance of her stepson, nor any involvement of what may/may not have happened subsequent to June 4/2010. Imagine, from her perspective, she stands shoulder to shoulder with Kyrons bio parents, Tony Young, and LE, seeing herself as another grieving parent. As time goes on, and her perspective changes, she realizes she was not standing shoulder to shoulder like she had thought. Instead, she was in the middle of a circle, the finger of accusation pointing directly at her. I would be upset that people were thinking of me in a similar light. I would be more concerned if she did NOT care.

There is always the chance she felt valuable time was being wasted by LE. Polygraphs take time and money, time and money which could have been better spent actively searching for Kyron. Perhaps she was concerned about the effect of all the commotion on BabyK. Who knows who was caring for K while her parents were being interviewed, examined, etc. With one child missing, I would be very hesitant to leave my other child in anyones care but my own.

There has been quite a bit of chatter about Kaines eyebrows. Swimmers remove body hair to minimize friction. Bikers shave leg hair to improve aerodynamics. Criminals have been known to remove ALL their body hair prior to committing a crime in order to minimize the possibility of leaving evidence behind. Actors remove body and facial hair in order to facilitate application of makeup, prosthesis, wigs, etc. Lots of possibilities there. I did go back and look at several of Kaines pics. Is the no eyebrows thing a new look for him ?

Very good points. Also, about Terri being upset that others were thinking badly of her--how real can you get? IMO, this is not a "fake" reaction. For Terri to come home after the polys and vent...well, that is real. It seems to me that someone guilty would act fake and gloss over what was said during the polys, if not keep quiet completely. From everything said about Terri's reaction to everything that was happening after Kyron disappeared, I only see someone showing real emotions and reactions... moo

Oprah isn't on here until 3:00pm, and Kaine and Desiree were on the last 10 - 15 minutes of her program.

The two things that stood out to me in their interview were that Kaine and Desiree both are absolutely sure that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance, and they firmly believe that Kyron is still alive and being held by someone, somewhere.

They both seem firm on those two things, and stated it in such a way that it leaves no room for doubt.

Kyron could be anywhere ..if alive.

Knowing where Terri is...has nothing to do with knowing where Kyron is..if indeed she handed him off. I just can't imagine that someone who would allow a child to be kidnapped could then say. "But hey, keep the kid in Portland."and CONTROL that...and unless I believe THAT, I fully understand the wisdom and rationale of Kaine and Desiree. Their little Kyron can be anywhere. Therefore, IMO, what Kaine and Desiree are doing/saying makes great sense.

I understand their desperation too.

Perhaps the parents believe that the story has been very well covered in Portland....not so much across America. I certainly cannot say I believe the national coverage has been as intense as Portland...but maybe others here believe it is all equal. But from my point of view, they did a fine job.

I agree! It's been more than three months since Kyron disappeared, and Kaine and Desiree must fear that after this length of time people will forget. They need to keep Kyron's picture out there and keep reminding the public of their lost child. If Kyron is still alive he could be anywhere and I think that's one reason why they did the appearance on Oprah........it's a national platform.

I just finished watching Oprah. All I can say is I hope and pray somebody out there recognized Kyron and seen him recently somewhere...

That being said....I am disappointed as someone earlier had mentioned that the parents never made a direct plea to whomever may have Kyron. If Kyron is alive somewhere , he is with someone.............and that person is not TH obviously.

I have to say I really am not fond of any of the parents at all. They all rub me the wrong way. Could be they remind me of other people I am not sure. Chances are I may even dislike TH even more if I got a chance to see her publicly say anything. I just don't understand anyone's reactions in this case, to me everyone seems distant from Kyron. I see very little about Kyron, and alot more of bitterness. Everyone seems emotionally distant somehow. Kaine seems at times like he doesn't even know his own wife, I can't undertand that, Desiree acts like she knows TH the best, that doesn't make sense to me either, being the ex-wife you would think she would know the least unless they were friends. Now they just repeat what they have always said, which is what I mean by distant. I understand all people are different and all people react differently, and nerves make people react strangely at times. I am not sure even what Im trying to say. This case makes me so FRUSTRATED! Everyone seems to be a master at speaking and saying nothing. I really am not trying to bash anyone, but honestly I don't particularly like anyone involved either. God bless them all.

I just really really want Kyron to be found, and hopefully alive. I cry now everytime I hear his name or see his picture. I really truly hope the answer is close.

My sister in TX, who has not really followed this case at all, just e-mailed me that she got the impression that this was all a big ugly custody battle, from the Oprah session. She saw it as two disgruntled parentss complaining about the third. She did not see how anyone in America was supposed to help with that.

I am not saying I agree-just telling you what an uninvolved person saw, watching it today, with not much info going in. She is a school administrator, so is very interested, but just has not read much on it, other than what I tell her. She was less concerned about the school aspect, after this, and is totally thinking it is just a family issue now.

I got the distinct feeling that Oprah felt that way too, by the questions she asked them. But then it was such a short interview (not on here until almost 5:00 p.m.) there wasn't time to ask much. I am just glad Kyron's face got out there nationally again.

I did find Kaine's physical reaction when Oprah asked if TH seemed to have a good relationship with Kyron interesting. He immediately shook his head yes a number of times, and then Desiree looked at him and agreed but began to explain how she thought it was basically a cover, or acting or whatever on TH's part.

I also thought it was interesting when Oprah asked them why the thought TH was responsible. Both KH & DY, turned and looked at one another almost like they were afraid to answer the question, or for one another's approval.

I don't know, I would love to see more interviews with just Kaine, I'm sorry, but I think he may be of a personality that is easily manipulated or influenced. And I forgot to look, was he still wearing the wedding ring? I meant to look for that, darn it!

I thought it was very well presented. Not too long ,so it held your interest every minute! I don't think KH &DY can appeal directly to the people holding Kyron,since they want whatever TMH owes them. I think they should move forward to arresting TM on some charge so they can find out what it is she owes & charge her with kidnapping, selling human beings or whatever & everybody will get serious & end this stalemate.

I just finished watching Oprah. All I can say is I hope and pray somebody out there recognized Kyron and seen him recently somewhere...

That being said....I am disappointed as someone earlier had mentioned that the parents never made a direct plea to whomever may have Kyron. If Kyron is alive somewhere , he is with someone.............and that person is not TH obviously.

I have to say I really am not fond of any of the parents at all. They all rub me the wrong way. Could be they remind me of other people I am not sure. Chances are I may even dislike TH even more if I got a chance to see her publicly say anything. I just don't understand anyone's reactions in this case, to me everyone seems distant from Kyron. I see very little about Kyron, and alot more of bitterness. Everyone seems emotionally distant somehow. Kaine seems at times like he doesn't even know his own wife, I can't undertand that, Desiree acts like she knows TH the best, that doesn't make sense to me either, being the ex-wife you would think she would know the least unless they were friends. Now they just repeat what they have always said, which is what I mean by distant. I understand all people are different and all people react differently, and nerves make people react strangely at times. I am not sure even what Im trying to say. This case makes me so FRUSTRATED! Everyone seems to be a master at speaking and saying nothing. I really am not trying to bash anyone, but honestly I don't particularly like anyone involved either. God bless them all.

I just really really want Kyron to be found, and hopefully alive. I cry now everytime I hear his name or see his picture. I really truly hope the answer is close.

I'm sure Kaine actually doesn't feel in retrospect like he knew his own wife. And if Desiree is a bit more intuitive and sensitive, she may very well have picked up on negatives in Terri faster than Terri's husband - negatives that are now increasingly relevant. I don't think they have anything new to say - they probably wish they had new info to talk about a lot more than even we wish that. They can't say half of what they know because of LE restrictions, and it doesn't sound like there's a major break (and their interviewers all ask the same exact questions), so... I think it's natural they are repeating the only things about the case they are allowed to share.

I thought it was very well presented. Not too long ,so it held your interest every minute! I don't think KH &DY can appeal directly to the people holding Kyron,since they want whatever TMH owes them. I think they should move forward to arresting TM on some charge so they can find out what it is she owes & charge her with kidnapping, selling human beings or whatever & everybody will get serious & end this stalemate.

I'm not fussy, I'd settle for just one piece of real evidence. Any piece will do. moo hoo

I think that is because there is some raw emotion underneath it all, having to do with when Kaine got together with Terri while he had a pregnant wife, Desiree. I don't think those feelings will ever go away.

I'm sure Kaine actually doesn't feel in retrospect like he knew his own wife. And if Desiree is a bit more intuitive and sensitive, she may very well have picked up on negatives in Terri faster than Terri's husband - negatives that are now increasingly relevant. I don't think they have anything new to say - they probably wish they had new info to talk about a lot more than even we wish that. They can't say half of what they know because of LE restrictions, and it doesn't sound like there's a major break (and their interviewers all ask the same exact questions), so... I think it's natural they are repeating the only things about the case they are allowed to share.

Kaine and Desiree have no answers for the really good questions.

Why would Terri want to hurt Kyron - there should be some kind of answer for that and yet, they had no answer.

When indicting a person - gut feelings don't work, nor does gossip and innuendo. moo & hoo

I just want to remind everyone that Kaine is an engineer. Engineers are a breed apart.

I've been married to an engineer for a long...long...time, and, believe me, sensitivity to human beings in terms of catching on to what a person is really like is not their strong point. My engineer hardly even knew himself, until a mid-life crisis forced him into some self-reflection. And then he was shocked at what he discovered!

Personally, I'm impressed with how Kaine and Desiree have set aside any past hurts with each other and have banded together so solidly for the sake of their little boy. Not many divorced couples could do that. They really come across as a united team.

God bless them.

I watched the interview and to me it was more of the same old, same old - TH knows, TH won't talk, TH is selfish, etc, ad nauseum. I would like to hear one solid piece of evidence from the parents in lieu of remarks about "red flags", and "TH feels inconvenienced". One SOLID piece of evidence would go a long way toward my climbing off the fence.

My opinion only

Me, too, Trident. When asked WHY they became suspicious of Terri and now believe she is responsible, they never give specifics. Maybe they can't, maybe it's just gut feelings. Or maybe LE has warned them not to give out information that pertains to the investigation. But just ONCE I would love to hear something solid, rather than "Terri is selfish" or "Terri's only concern was herself." But to be fair... sometimes hindsight is much better than foresight. Maybe they saw the signs but didn't recognize them, or never imagined it could get to this point.
I'm still on the fence, too.... but that fence is leaning pretty much. In fact, I think the fence might break and no telling which side I'll land on!

Why would Terri want to hurt Kyron - there should be some kind of answer for that and yet, they had no answer.

When indicting a person - gut feelings don't work, nor does gossip and innuendo. moo & hoo

Terri wanted to hurt Desiree, she took her husband & then her child. TMH thought she could manipulate KH like she did Ecker! It didn't work. Then she tried a MFH to get rid of KH. In spite of sexting , & $$$ he wouldn't do it. So she decides to get rid of Kyron, since KH was not into supporting her son J & she could really hurt DY & KH who loved Kyron so much. Hell hath no fury like Terri Moulton scorned!!! :furious::furious:The LE have to move in & make her talk!!!!

By appealing to Terri rather than the people holding Kyron, they are hoping Terri will open up and tell them who she handed Kyron off to, and possibly give LE a clue where to look for him. I don't think that will work, but it's all they can do. Maybe common sense tells them that whoever has Kyron is not going to be sitting around watching Oprah, or the news.

BBM

Wow, she got all that from just 5 to 10 minutes of the Oprah interview? A soul less stepmother? Where on earth did she get that from? This was a short interview? TIA moo & hoo

I saw all three segments on Oprah's show today and honestly I thought Kaine and Desiree's interview was a little awkward.

Oprah seemed very attentive and involved when she interviewed the two Discovery hostages and she was very visibly shaken by the interview with the family of the woman who killed her two children.

But with Kaine and Desiree I have seen both of them do better interviews than this one and it was very short. Even Oprah's demeanor was not the same as it had been in the other two segments, imo.

IMOO

bbm

Respectfully, I wouldn't do things that wasy. To me, the qualification of me knowing with certainty says that if I did, I'd contact the police.

However, if I believed that you had taken my ring, I certainly wouldn't run around town and social/business/community circles alleging that you had taken the ring. There are other ways to handle it--of course, I assume that like TH/KH, I know you personally and have routine interaction with you.

I'd check out pawn shops myself. But I'd also call my friends, everyone I could think of, and say that oh my! my ring, you know the one (describe) has gone missing! I can't believe it! Oh my! Could I have accidentally left it at your house? When you were here at mine last, did you see it? Oh, I hope I didn't take it off while we were at the sink (or potting flowers or whatever). Could you put the word out? If I don't find it ASAP, I simply have to notify my insurance company with its photograph, and before I notify them, I have to file a written police report. And wouldn't it be embarrassing if it turned up, say, in someone's guest bath where I'd put lotion on and it got shoved behind the towel basket? Well, I really don't know, and as you can tell I'm upset, so have you seen it? Could you let everyone in (name of group or organization, etc.) that it's gone and I am so hoping not to file a police report.

And you would be on that calling list and I'd add that so many people are being so helpful and someone thinks that someone else saw it and remarked on it and may remember something from the last day I had it. And I know that you'll remember it because you've complimented me on it.
Because if someone in my circles took that ring, I'd work it differently than if I thought a one-timer worker had stolen. I'd look at your personality, and consider why I believed you'd taken it, and then I'd work my strategy. And I'd leave "weasel room" for you to call or show up and say "oh oh, I'm so sorry, I found it in my guest bathroom/pantry/oh I wonder if you took it off while we were making the sauce for the symphony luncheon. But here it is!"

From the get-go, I think that KH and others haven't really thought about how slammming TH constantly, in public, might work. Instead of making her sit down and boo hoo and confess to anything, I'd bet it's made her really mad and determined to keep her mouth shut. And once she got that lawyer, she has her legal backing to do that--and if she's innocent, she can't confess.

Or, flies, honey, vinegar.

But running around naming someone as the perpetrator of a crime without proof will, IMHO, only backfire on the namer. Let alone open up interesting possibilities if the accused is innocent.

The landscapers interrupted me, had to come back and fix this post.

Very good analogy. The problem is, rings can't talk.
They also can't breathe, suffer or think.
I understand why you would do things that way for a ring, and honestly, that's the way I would go about it as well.
Not so much for a child, I don't think.

I do understand your point, but there's more at stake here, so therefore, the actions taken may be different.

And I keep asking myself the same question. WHY would Terri want to hurt Kyron when she had cared for him ever since he was a young toddler. There is nothing in her past that shows she was an abusive mother as far as I am aware of.

I don't know if she had anything to do with this or not but I just cant wrap my head around any motive that makes any commonsense.

And both of them never answer that one question. They express their beliefs about everything else so why not this question.

They really seem to use the after suspicions only to bolster their feelings.

And I wish Kaine wouldn't run the events together as he seemed to do today when asked if Terri was upset when Kyron went missing. Maybe they are forgetting what they first said in the press. Back then Kaine said Terri was very upset and he said a couple of days later she began to complain that LE seemed like they were trying to pin it on her.

And the answer he gave today was foolish imo. Has he forgotten that BOTH he and Terri rushed to the school when they found him missing? She had to be running too to be able to get in the car before he left but he leaves it like she just nonchalantly must have been walking along.

Now I know he is under a lot of stress but I just wish he would tell exactly what happened on each event when interviewed rather than taking it out of context now to try to make it look worse on Terri.

If he is the data man..........then he should be concise each and everytime when he speaks about the same certain events and timelines imo.

IMO

So glad that Kyron's case received more national exposure today! This, People, Dateline...

can only help. If there's even an iota of a chance that Kyron is alive, he could be anywhere on this planet. Oprah's show is seen far and wide, internationally (145 countries!), so any heightened awareness about this case is great, if he's alive and if there's any possibility that he can be recovered.

If the reward is $50,000, I hope they get it even higher. If Terri did convince someone to hide Kyron they aren't totally controlled by her and have their own minds. Terri isn't able to be communicating with these people, so maybe they will begin to have doubts. The alternative is too awful to think about. I just wonder if LE knows that Terri was trying to convince people to take Kyron or talking about something before he went missing, and if that is one of the red flags that Kaine and Desiree have found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling