OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's so irresponsible of LE to dismiss the public's fears of a serial killer when it was incredibly obvious, at least to me, that that is what was happening. It's like every city/town in America has this bias of, "No, it can't happen here, you're crazy!"

The LE says it every single time...they DENY.
Why?

According to this article he was a part of our former governor Kate Brown's clemency program...
and so far he is the only one out of over 1,000 people released who got their clemency revoked.
The good news is he is currently incarcerated for unrelated charges and was arrested on July 6.

Editing to add his arrest records here

How someone who has this long of a rap sheet was granted clemency is beyond me.

EXACTLY!

Per article Clark County sheriff there is no connection between JS’s murder and the four women mentioned yesterday. Clark county is the only one that released a COD. I’m wondering if they are waiting to publicly connect her murder since they are not done interviewing the POI and are wanting to keep that info close to the vest?

Trying to not let this ruin my trust in our local law enforcement but I feel like they were acting like the public was crazy when everyone was connecting the dots. At least the guy is off the streets now and can’t hurt another woman, but I wonder if any lives could have been saved if these ladies were more aware of the danger. I guess time will tell since we still don’t know the outcome of some of the local disappearances. I understand keeping info private during an investigation, but did it really take them this long to link these murders? All of this broke during summer while they are trying to revitalize downtown Portland.

JMO

LE GASLIGHT everyone, saying "no connections."
I wish they would have said, "We're investigating the deaths of 6 women to see if there are any connections instead."
I think their default mode is DENY.
Why?

I wish they would have said, "We're investigating the deaths of 6 women to see if there are any connections instead."
Why?
And from what I recall, the statement they put out was pretty dismissive. I think they said something about online “rumors” as if it were some internet hoax.

And from what I recall, the statement they put out was pretty dismissive. I think they said something about online “rumors” as if it were some internet hoax.

It was very dismissive and it wasn't just once either.
Instead of warning people to be on guard they just let everyone think "oh, well must be DV."
I will NEVER understand why LE automatically denies maybe a former LE could enlighten us.

I want to make it very clear I'm not anti-LE. I admire the work that they do, I don't always agree or understand the DENY in PC aspects though.

Why?
Because a serial killer they can’t catch makes them look bad.

Notice how even after connecting the cases they also STILL refuse to state that any of the women were actually murdered?

I honestly believe that a lot of, if not the entire reason that they still haven’t linked JS to these cases is her local (Ridgefield) PD was the only one among the departments who straight up called her case a murder.

Notice how even after connecting the cases they also STILL refuse to state that any of the women were actually murdered?

I honestly believe that a lot of, if not the entire reason that they still haven’t linked JS to these cases is her local (Ridgefield) PD was the only one among the departments who straight up called her case a murder.
If the victims were a different class I think it would be different sadly.when I heard about theses 6 lives snuffed out in Oregon right away I remember when girls bodies started showing up in the green River Washington. It wasn't taken seriously. The family members knew there was a killer targeting the girls. They held protest to get more focus,and to be taken seriously. I bet if they were debutants, or beauty queens there would be a huge man hunt right off the bat. MOO.

Why?
Because the murderer will see the news too?

IMO, they want to avoid alerting their suspect of what evidence they have, where the investigation is at. They will keep the person under constant surveillance, so they aren't risking another crime. Usually, they are still building a case to arrest the person, but they don't yet have enough evidence. They hope the suspect, unawares, may say, or call, or do, or lead them somewhere, or they're still following up other leads, such as cellphone data or a computer...

If they had to prematurely make an announcement and all they have is a 'person of interest', their ability to gather more evidence might be stalled.

An example of this was Bruce McArthur in Toronto. Police were watching him around the clock (but they were still analysing evidence, hoping to find the bodies), but they arrested him when a potential victim entered his home. As it turned out, they did later find the bodies, and in the end he confessed.

But they don't want to risk not having enough to nail the guy, and having to let him go. People will definitely complain about that.

JMO

Last edited:
If the victims were a different class I think it would be different sadly.when I heard about theses 6 lives snuffed out in Oregon right away I remember when girls bodies started showing up in the green River Washington. It wasn't taken seriously. The family members knew there was a killer targeting the girls. They held protest to get more focus,and to be taken seriously. I bet if they were debutants, or beauty queens there would be a huge man hunt right off the bat. MOO.

yep, I recall they denied The Green River murders were connected for quite a while until the media picked up the story.
They tried denying the college girls in Seattle were all connected for awhile too, because they feared people would stop enrolling at the UW, during Ted Bundy's reign.

Because the murderer will see the news too?

IMO, they want to avoid alerting their suspect of what evidence they have, where the investigation is at. They will keep the person under constant surveillance, so they aren't risking another crime. Usually, they are still building a case to arrest the person, but they don't yet have enough evidence. They hope the suspect, unawares, may say, or call, or do, or lead them somewhere, or they're still following up other leads, such as cellphone data or a computer...

If they had to prematurely make an announcement and all they have is a 'person of interest', their ability to gather more evidence might be stalled.

An example of this was Bruce McArthur in Toronto. Police were watching him around the clock (but they were still analysing evidence, hoping to find the bodies), but they arrested him when a potential victim entered his home. As it turned out, they did later find the bodies, and in the end he confessed.

But they don't want to risk not having enough to nail the guy, and having to let him go. People will definitely complain about that.

JMO

If that is the case I understand.
I wish there was a way to warn innocent people in the process.

Court records show Calhoun has a lengthy criminal history stretching back to July 2003, when he was charged with two counts of assault. He was charged with assault, strangulation and harassment in December of 2007, and then kidnapping, assault and harassment in June 2008.
His record then shows more than 60 charges or citations over a period from August 2013 to April 2019 including aggravated theft, burglary, resisting arrest and assaulting a public safety officer.
Link

Seems like this guy has been assaulting women for a long time. I wonder if he is responsible for any missing women before his latest 2018-2021 jail sentence? Is there any way to get all of the dates of his various incarcerations?

that's insane ... there should be a cutoff to where they're thrown in jail with that many charges pending

So this article clears up the timeline. He was arrested in June, not July. Not sure if it’s allowed to discuss the YouTube video mentioned here, but in it she stated a few times he had been in jail for over a month.

Also, sounds like he knew both AR and BW. But she’s not sure about the other women.

So this article clears up the timeline. He was arrested in June, not July. Not sure if it’s allowed to discuss the YouTube video mentioned here, but in it she stated a few times he had been in jail for over a month.

Also, sounds like he knew both AR and BW. But she’s not sure about the other women.

Also, @dub - there’s your Milwaukie connection.

Also, @dub - there’s your Milwaukie connection.
Wow yep sure is.

That’s also VERY close to where KS was rumored but unconfirmed to have been last seen “with a man” the night of her disappearance. I don’t know the precise location of the sighting, but it was on McLoughlin and the base of her family’s search area was less than two miles from the apartment.

(Details on that are in the first couple posts of KS individual thread)

Sadly, I think there's some truth to this. Sometimes, members of LE, detectives, etc. see a potential serial killer or cold cases as damaging to their careers. I recently read an article which said as much.

“If Jesse Calhoun is found guilty of these murders, Kate Brown will have signed the death warrants of four innocent women in the name of ‘second chances,’” Knopp said Tuesday in a statement.

In March 2021, Gov. Brown requested the Department of Corrections vet 53 inmates eligible for commutation, and the DOC approved 41 of them, including Calhoun. At the time, he was serving time for burglary and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

In June 2021, Governor Brown commuted Calhoun's sentence and others for helping fight wildfires in 2020.

Calhoun was released the following month, one year earlier than his planned release of July 2022.

In December 2022, the first woman of the four - Kristin Smith - was reported missing.

Darcie Byers-Ramsey, Webster’s mother of Ms Webster, took to Facebook to ask anyone who knew anything about the case to contact law enforcement.

“They aren’t looking to bust anyone if you have warrants or partake in drugs etc. We do not care about that. We just want answers,” she wrote. “Please help my boys, my family and I to get closure.”

Webster was found dead on 30 April in Polk County.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back