OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What we’re seeing now, we’ve seen before. Purposeful predatory serial killers like Gary Ridgway, John Wayne Gacy, Robert Hansen, Richard Cottingham, and Dennis Rader learned early to shield their darkest urges and acts. All had families and regular jobs. They developed deceptive façades of normalcy in order to live in their communities.

Psychologists refer to this behavior as compartmentalizing. Utah-based prison psychologist Al Carlisle, who’d spent a lot of time with Ted Bundy, proposed that the ability to repeatedly kill while functioning as a normal person develops through three distinct processes: fantasizing salacious scenarios, dissociatingfrom unpleasant feelings, and developing a knack for chameleon-like adaptation.

They have a fluidity of ego, often facilitated by narcissistic needs. The person has no investment in integrity and no commitment to a given persona. They can flip in and out of whichever one they need for a given circumstance. “It’s like an actor,” Carlisle wrote. “The actor creates within his mind the world of his character, and he can move around within the sphere of the character he is playing without losing the essence of the part.”

In other words, these covert killers can access the voice, mannerisms, behavior, and emotions of ordinary people as needed.

“The killer shifts from the pathological compartment in his mind back into the socially acceptable compartment, but he never completely leaves the theater in his mind.”

Meanwhile, a woman saying that she’s Calhoun’s girlfriend has said that he had links to two of the four victims, revealing that Calhoun and Ashley Real had been seeing each other on and off for about a year and that he would provide Bridget Webster with drugs in exchange for sex.
*Belowlink is The audio of girlfriend speaking about Jesse and his connection to the girls:

What we’re seeing now, we’ve seen before. Purposeful predatory serial killers like Gary Ridgway, John Wayne Gacy, Robert Hansen, Richard Cottingham, and Dennis Rader learned early to shield their darkest urges and acts. All had families and regular jobs. They developed deceptive façades of normalcy in order to live in their communities.

Psychologists refer to this behavior as compartmentalizing. Utah-based prison psychologist Al Carlisle, who’d spent a lot of time with Ted Bundy, proposed that the ability to repeatedly kill while functioning as a normal person develops through three distinct processes: fantasizing salacious scenarios, dissociatingfrom unpleasant feelings, and developing a knack for chameleon-like adaptation.

They have a fluidity of ego, often facilitated by narcissistic needs. The person has no investment in integrity and no commitment to a given persona. They can flip in and out of whichever one they need for a given circumstance. “It’s like an actor,” Carlisle wrote. “The actor creates within his mind the world of his character, and he can move around within the sphere of the character he is playing without losing the essence of the part.”

In other words, these covert killers can access the voice, mannerisms, behavior, and emotions of ordinary people as needed.

“The killer shifts from the pathological compartment in his mind back into the socially acceptable compartment, but he never completely leaves the theater in his mind.”
One thing I find really interesting about this case is that, compared to the SKs listed above, JLC didn’t really compartmentalize his activities that much.

Like, there were at least two victims that not only did he know personally, but ones that even his girlfriend was aware of prior to them going missing… but also these seem to have been pretty organized crimes, which I definitely would not expect from a tweaker brazen enough to kill people hes that closely connected to.

It is extremely wild and I can’t think of another case off hand that is even remotely similar in this respect.

rbbm
''Family members posted flyers about the missing woman and searched parts of Portland. Kristin Smith’s body was the first of the four to be discovered, in a wooded area of a Portland neighborhood, on Feb. 19. Melissa Smith praised a detective with the Portland Police Bureau for more aggressively pursuing the case.
The district attorney’s announcement Monday said no charges have been filed in connection with any of the deaths. But Calhoun is back behind bars. Gov. Tina Kotek revoked his commutation on July 3.
Calhoun is now back in prison to serve the remainder of his sentence, with his new projected release date June 9, 2024, Oregon Department of Corrections spokesperson Amber Campbell said Friday''.

I can imagine. Vancouver, WA, seems to have bad drug issues. It is also very close to Portland, Oregon, and while it sounds across the state line, in many ways, it is incredibly similar. Also, it could be turned into a touristy place, there are lots of things to see, historically, but to me it looked like no one was interested.
We are basically a suburb of Portland now, but we do not treat DV and women's deaths very well, they get swept under the rug. We may have a drug issue, but our primary problem is Domestic Violence. Which many times is hand in hand with addiction.
This whole thing makes me sick, I know an addict in Portland much like Jesse. Has long lines of multiple girlfriends he abuses, along with crimes he commits to feed his habit. I could easily see him doing something just like this...and what is scary is the addicts I know in Portland/Vancouver knew some of these victims and the offender, even if only because of the same drug circles.

Can we discuss the YouTube video of the interview with the girlfriend? I can’t read the OregonLive article because it’s behind a paywall. Can someone post a transcript of the article?

This case is hitting me hard cause I live in outer SE Portland in the epicenter of all this. I live 2 blocks from the Burger King where Ashley was last seen.

Can we discuss the YouTube video of the interview with the girlfriend? I can’t read the OregonLive article because it’s behind a paywall. Can someone post a transcript of the article?

This case is hitting me hard cause I live in outer SE Portland in the epicenter of all this. I live 2 blocks from the Burger King where Ashley was last seen.
Not sure about the youtube video but try reading the article on private browsing. I couldn’t read it at first either but that worked for me.

1690102425637-jpeg.436584

1690102527532.jpeg

A man linked to the person of interest in the suspicious deaths of four women says he requested a stalking protective order against him, fearing he would bring harm to his children.

According to court documents, Craig Wangrud and Krista Sinor share two children together.

Sinor claims to be the girlfriend of Jesse Calhoun. A source tells KATU he is a person of interest in the suspicious deaths of four local women.

In May 2022, Wangrud requested a stalking protective order against Calhoun, claiming Calhoun sent threatening text messages to him.

As first reported by our partners at Willamette Week, court records show Calhoun sent this text to Wangrud in April 2022.

"I know everything about you dude. Everywhere you go. What you do. I know everything about you."

In the protective order petition, Wangrud writes, “My biggest concern is that he’s living with Krista and she’s allowing him to watch my boys.”

Calhoun's girlfriend, identified as Krista Heinze Sinor, told YouTuber Velly Ray in a recent interview that Calhoun and Real had been dating off and on for about a year. She said Calhoun would give Webster drugs in exchange for sex, but Heinze Sinor did not know how Calhoun was connected to Perry or Smith.

"My first thought is that maybe a fentanyl overdose and he freaked out," Heinze Sinor told the YouTuber when asked if Calhoun was a serial killer. "He's a family guy. He seems like a family guy. He's really close with his family and he would do anything for them and stuff but like my kids ... he loves my kids and my kids love him."

In the interview, Heinze Sinor described how she didn't suspect anything about Calhoun's alleged connection to the deaths until law enforcement descended on them while they were fueling up on their way to meet a seller for an item on the marketplace site OfferUp.

That description lines up with video obtained by KGW from a witness of the arrest, which occurred June 6 as he and his girlfriend were fueling up at a gas station on Southeast McLoughlin in Milwaukie.

"There's craziness in the world," said the man who captured video of Calhoun's arrest, who preferred to remain unnamed. "You hope it doesn't happen too often. It was pretty nuts to see it happen in my backyard."

"I don't know how he made it through the 10 officers but he made it through and across traffic and down to the river and hopped in," the witness said.

It was quite an effort to elude law enforcement, but it was unsuccessful. Deputies eventually arrested Calhoun.

"I was like, 'I wonder what this guy did,'" the witness said. "It seems whatever he did was really important — or required that much law enforcement, I should say."

In the interview she said she met him at a Plaid Pantry while homeless after they connected on Facebook. She also said he met the other women on Facebook. I am wondering if he was using Facebook Dating to meet vulnerable women who may have been seeking “dates” or drugs? I wonder if he was with her because she was able to secure an apartment (because she had her kids) and the others were not.

In the interview she said she met him at a Plaid Pantry while homeless after they connected on Facebook. She also said he met the other women on Facebook. I am wondering if he was using Facebook Dating to meet vulnerable women who may have been seeking “dates” or drugs? I wonder if he was with her because she was able to secure an apartment (because she had her kids) and the others were not.
bingo

Very possible. I know a lot of people in the life in Portland, and the way they operate is similar and familiar. Not just Facebook dating, but telegram and offerup both offer more anonymity than FB does, especially since Craigslist no longer has hook up pages and backpage is gone.
Telegram and offer up messenger would be a goldmine of information if LE know to look for it. A friend of mine was once the "one who had the apartment" when dating someone from this world, and he had different levels of women/people he hooked up with, some he used for their home, some he used for sex, some he used for "licks" (robbing houses) . My friend unraveled everything by going into his Telegram account and uncovering this whole sordid life.
My point is, addicts are, by nature, users. They use different people for different things.

I’m wondering if any of these women had an OnlyFans site and if JLC was involved in the making of the content.

It also gives me the creeps in the interview when K repeatedly says AR was her daughter’s age and like a daughter to her.

Now stuff is coming out about AR making a domestic violence complaint about JLC last year that ultimately went nowhere. Was this around the time AR contacted K about the relationship?

Last edited:
We are basically a suburb of Portland now, but we do not treat DV and women's deaths very well, they get swept under the rug. We may have a drug issue, but our primary problem is Domestic Violence. Which many times is hand in hand with addiction.
This whole thing makes me sick, I know an addict in Portland much like Jesse. Has long lines of multiple girlfriends he abuses, along with crimes he commits to feed his habit. I could easily see him doing something just like this...and what is scary is the addicts I know in Portland/Vancouver knew some of these victims and the offender, even if only because of the same drug circles.
Why is there so little respect for women in that community? Is it part of the local subculture? Are women not doing enough to stand up for their rights? Do they realize they need to speak up more, to LE and also to the men in the community? Can they work together to support each other?

Some of these “open relationships” end up being demeaning to women, at a social, psychological and economic level.
JMO. I hope these young women can break free from this toxic culture and live more fulfilling lives.

Last edited:
Why is there so little respect for women in that community? Is it part of the local subculture? Are women not doing enough to stand up for their rights? Do they realize they need to speak up more, to LE and also to the men in the community? Can they work together to support each other?

Some of these “open relationships” end up being demeaning to women, at a social, psychological and economic level.
JMO. I hope these young women can break free from this toxic culture and live more fulfilling lives.
Part of it is the ways the laws are written. I am a DV victim here locally. So I personally have walked the system front to back. I also knew Meshay Melendez, David Giese, Tiffany Hill, and Heather Young.
We don't have any rights to assert. Once we do reach out for help, the clock starts ticking. DV favors the offender here. There is really no denying it. We have nowhere to go, no one to turn to, and no agencies that can offer what we actually need. We have one woman that runs a nonprofit that she basically funds herself, the advocate system and YWCA is a joke.

I think this is probably standard across the states, but I only know Portland and Vancouver personally.
When an offender breaks the RO, breaks probation, or does something to result in a warrant, no one actually goes and arrests them. Even when they know where they are. They wait until they have contact for another reason. And most times, even if they do have contact, it is on a "book and release" which means they walk away and never go to jail.

Some of the men who I thought would be there for me, were not, and they recently lost family to DV, and the subject of "Why didn't you step in?" is coming up more.

As for the "Open relationships"...this is so common in the drug circles. Yes, it is weird. But sex is a profitable commodity that can be sold over and over.

For the women, it can be a trap they can't get out of.

My former stepkids mom is in Ptown and she trades sexual favors for a room to rent. Has for two years. And her boyfriend lives there too. That's crazy to us, but for some in the life, that's how they live ...or rather, how they survive

Part of it is the ways the laws are written. I am a DV victim here locally. So I personally have walked the system front to back. I also knew Meshay Melendez, David Giese, Tiffany Hill, and Heather Young.
We don't have any rights to assert. Once we do reach out for help, the clock starts ticking. DV favors the offender here. There is really no denying it. We have nowhere to go, no one to turn to, and no agencies that can offer what we actually need. We have one woman that runs a nonprofit that she basically funds herself, the advocate system and YWCA is a joke.

I think this is probably standard across the states, but I only know Portland and Vancouver personally.
When an offender breaks the RO, breaks probation, or does something to result in a warrant, no one actually goes and arrests them. Even when they know where they are. They wait until they have contact for another reason. And most times, even if they do have contact, it is on a "book and release" which means they walk away and never go to jail.

Some of the men who I thought would be there for me, were not, and they recently lost family to DV, and the subject of "Why didn't you step in?" is coming up more.

As for the "Open relationships"...this is so common in the drug circles. Yes, it is weird. But sex is a profitable commodity that can be sold over and over.

For the women, it can be a trap they can't get out of.

My former stepkids mom is in Ptown and she trades sexual favors for a room to rent. Has for two years. And her boyfriend lives there too. That's crazy to us, but for some in the life, that's how they live ...or rather, how they survive

Sorry to hear the supposed remedies aren't working in this area. That shouldn't be the case.

The federal government spends billions of dollars every year at the local level for DV programs to prevent and assist victims.

I can't vouch for this group one way or another, but this looks like a place you can start.

My supportive suggestion is that you and other victims form a group and start looking into where this money is going in your area and how it's being used. No one should have to fund a non profit group on their own.

The resources that you can contact are family court judges, existing agencies (if there are any), your local members of Congress and your senators. Also see if you can tap into any experts at local universities.

Your goal should be to find out where the money is now being spent and re-direct it to organizations that can make a greater impact. The key part of making this work is to educate yourself and other DV survivors and advocate for placing you on the boards of the groups that are supposed to support the DV community. In order to be effective, these groups must be in making decisions based on the input from people who actually need these services.

Get out and advocate in the community, form a task force, hold meetings, develop goals to improve the system and contact the news media and social media to broadcast your advocacy.

Hope this helps. Most critical is to have DV victims/survivors at the table, with power to vote on changes impacting the problem in your community. Don't trust them to do the right thing. Do your homework on the issues, too.

When you're ready, schedule some appointments to meet with staffers at the local district offices for your members of Congress and senators. There should be people in those offices who handle this particular issue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back