OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really wish we would have stricter punishment for animal abuse. He choked a k9. His sentence should not have been commutated. Anyone that chokes a dog is violent and will have no regard for human life.

According to this article he was a part of our former governor Kate Brown's clemency program...
and so far he is the only one out of over 1,000 people released who got their clemency revoked.
The good news is he is currently incarcerated for unrelated charges and was arrested on July 6.

Editing to add his arrest records here

How someone who has this long of a rap sheet was granted clemency is beyond me.
There’s a discrepancy in dates between this article and previous ones as to when this guy was taken into custody.

This one says June 6 as opposed to July 6, and I am wondering which is correct. If it’s June, that would rule him out on the more recent disappearances (Kaitlin Barber and another whose name I can’t recall) and probably also on the Wilsonville homicide victim.

Eta: looks like that arrest record also says June. Hmmm.

There’s a discrepancy in dates between this article and previous ones as to when this guy was taken into custody.

This one says June 6 as opposed to July 6, and I am wondering which is correct. If it’s June, that would rule him out on the more recent disappearances (Kaitlin Barber and another whose name I can’t recall) and probably also on the Wilsonville homicide victim.

Per below article it seems he was arrested july 6th. I’m not sure where that June date came from. Clarissa Hammon Sweet was found in wilsonville last week, but we don’t have any information on her estimated time of death. I’m not sure about Kaitlin Barber. Was she found?

Per below article it seems he was arrested july 6th. I’m not sure where that June date came from. Clarissa Hammon Sweet was found in wilsonville last week, but we don’t have any information on her estimated time of death. I’m not sure about Kaitlin Barber. Was she found?

Yeah, July seems more plausible but there are now multiple sources with both dates so I have no idea.

Kaitlin was last heard from on 6/30 and as far as I know has not been found. She also was staying awfully close to the last address I could find for JLC (~3.5 miles, in pretty much a straight line), but that WW article also says his last known address was in Portland, which is different than what I dug up.

I just checked and it said:

"Records show that Calhoun is currently in custody at Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario, where he was lodged July 6 on charges apparently unrelated to the murders. (The charges on which he is being held do not show up in online court records, which is unusual.) He has not yet been charged in any of the women’s deaths, although officials expect that will change. "

ETA: here's a link to his arrest record and it says admission date July 6 so whichever article said June it must have been a misprint

Last edited:
Court records show Calhoun has a lengthy criminal history stretching back to July 2003, when he was charged with two counts of assault. He was charged with assault, strangulation and harassment in December of 2007, and then kidnapping, assault and harassment in June 2008.
His record then shows more than 60 charges or citations over a period from August 2013 to April 2019 including aggravated theft, burglary, resisting arrest and assaulting a public safety officer.
Link

Seems like this guy has been assaulting women for a long time. I wonder if he is responsible for any missing women before his latest 2018-2021 jail sentence? Is there any way to get all of the dates of his various incarcerations?

Leaving out the unidentified woman who was found deceased (in a tent, apparently) near I-205, I noticed the other five have a similar elfin face. If indeed a serial killer is active in the PDX metro area and is responsible for these deaths, then I'd surmise he's got a type.

Petite, elf, child-like faces.

I’m a bit surprised by Kristin Smith, just a little. She doesn’t match their more petite, “elf-like” faces and her disposal was a bit different. I would venture a guess that she knew him on a level the others did not.

Man he is one angry looking, scary guy. I wouldn’t want to get into a car with him if I was working, even though I desperately needed the money. <modsnip> They’re mean and beady and rat-like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a bit surprised by Kristin Smith, just a little. She doesn’t match their more petite, “elf-like” faces and her disposal was a bit different. I would venture a guess that she knew him on a level the others did not.

The connection could be drugs, and he liked killing.
Does an SK have to have one type?
I'm thinking a few have killed women who were vulnerable and available. The Green River Killer comes to mind.

I don’t buy into SKs having a hard line “type” in most cases, including this one, but have you seen a picture of Kaitlin Barber? She looks VERY similar to KS.

(She disappeared at the end of June and hasn’t been found, but it’s unclear whether she’s related—or even could be—to the other disappearances)

Also, like you, I am a little surprised that KS is connected with the others, although for partially different reasons.

According to this article he was a part of our former governor Kate Brown's clemency program...
and so far he is the only one out of over 1,000 people released who got their clemency revoked.
The good news is he is currently incarcerated for unrelated charges and was arrested on July 6.

Editing to add his arrest records here

How someone who has this long of a rap sheet was granted clemency is beyond me.
Bolded: Mind boggling isn't it?!

Per article Clark County sheriff there is no connection between JS’s murder and the four women mentioned yesterday. Clark county is the only one that released a COD. I’m wondering if they are waiting to publicly connect her murder since they are not done interviewing the POI and are wanting to keep that info close to the vest?

Trying to not let this ruin my trust in our local law enforcement but I feel like they were acting like the public was crazy when everyone was connecting the dots. At least the guy is off the streets now and can’t hurt another woman, but I wonder if any lives could have been saved if these ladies were more aware of the danger. I guess time will tell since we still don’t know the outcome of some of the local disappearances. I understand keeping info private during an investigation, but did it really take them this long to link these murders? All of this broke during summer while they are trying to revitalize downtown Portland.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back