OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

MAY 13, 2024
[...]

A person of interest in connection with the killings, Jesse Lee Calhoun, is jailed on a parole violation and could be released next month. The convicted felon had his sentence commuted in 2021 by then-Gov. Kate Brown for helping battle wildfires while imprisoned for burglary, car theft and assaulting an officer.

NewsNation spoke with the mothers of the women, who share a bond they never hoped to have.

[...]

There are indications of progress despite authorities’ silence.

“I think we all feel we are there,” a mother said. “We are at the end of this finish line. It is going to happen.”

MAY 16, 2024
[...]

Diana Allen, the mother of Perry, told Entin she thinks her daughter was intentionally “placed” near the state park, where her body was discovered.

“I don’t think she died here. I think she was placed,” Allen said. “She wasn’t a person who drove. I was given enough detail to know there was no way she walked here. And she didn’t have shoes. So besides it being cold, they would have been able to tell that she walked here,” Allen said.

“I know that (the killer) worked really hard to hide her,” Allen added.

Smith’s mom, Melissa, told Entin she had “scoured the whole property” where her daughter’s body was found. Additionally, some witnesses reportedly saw Calhoun in the same area.

5 Oregon women.png

MAY 16, 2024
[...]

Diana Allen, the mother of Perry, told Entin she thinks her daughter was intentionally “placed” near the state park, where her body was discovered.

“I don’t think she died here. I think she was placed,” Allen said. “She wasn’t a person who drove. I was given enough detail to know there was no way she walked here. And she didn’t have shoes. So besides it being cold, they would have been able to tell that she walked here,” Allen said.

“I know that (the killer) worked really hard to hide her,” Allen added.

Smith’s mom, Melissa, told Entin she had “scoured the whole property” where her daughter’s body was found. Additionally, some witnesses reportedly saw Calhoun in the same area.

View attachment 503906
Thank you for this update, small as it is. This is close to my heart as I have loved ones who fit the victims here and am local...I am all too familiar with the violence against women and children that come along with living in the life

I have people I love locally in the life, and most of these ladies were FB friends with them, so I know they all ran in the same circles, at least peripherally. They may not all be tied to one person, but they all deserve justice.

1/3 I interviewed the girlfriend of the person of interest in the Portland, Oregon serial killings. Krista Sinor told me Jesse Calhoun would write “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*” on her body during sex and that they had “rules” for the bedroom and he would throw her on the bed.

2/3 Krista says Calhoun knew at least two of the victims. While she says she is suspicious and believes he may have been involved in the deaths, she also says she has a hard time seeing him in that way. She says she is conflicted.

3/3 While I was in her apartment, I noticed a pile of men’s clothing. She told me the clothing belongs to Jesse. She is keeping his stuff in case he gets out of jail. She says “the whole thing has been confusing.”

a0543dbf-9501-403a-9510-d7ac08ebe74f_16x9.jpg
a0543dbf-9501-403a-9510-d7ac08ebe74f_1140x641.jpg

Ashley Real, 22, and Kristin Smith

In August 2023, the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office said Calhoun could be linked to the deaths of potentially four women. While speculated, it wasn’t until Friday that Speaks’ death was officially linked to Calhoun.

The two women Calhoun had been reportedly linked to by detectives but not charged for is Kristin Smith and 22-year-old Ashley Real.

"For the other families, does not mean that we aren't still standing beside them," said Charity Perry's mother Diana Allen. "We're still together the whole way. Always."

Smith’s mother, Melissa, said her daughter vanished in December 2022. Smith turned up dead in mid-February 2023, her body discovered in Southeast Portland’s Pleasant Valley neighborhood.

About two months later, Real was discovered in rural Clackamas County. She had been reported missing since early April 2023. There was a sixth unidentified woman, but police later said appeared to have no connection with other five cases.

Calhoun has only been charged in connection with the deaths of Perry, Webster and Speaks, but officials said on Friday that investigators are still looking into the deaths of Smith and Real.

"Since it's still an active investigation for my daughter Kristin Smith and Ashley Real," Melissa Smith at Friday's press conference. "We just keep going. We keep waiting, we keep praying and stay hopeful

MAY 17, 2024
[...]

... Calhoun’s ex-girlfriend previously linked the prolific burglar and car thief to Webster. The ex-girlfriend described seeing a video on Calhoun’s cellphone that showed Webster without a shirt and a needle in her hand while in a car, saying she had just “quit shooting up.”

[...]

Marrero said police and prosecutors last year scheduled a grand jury to hear the case in May, aware that Calhoun was set to be released from prison next month.

[...]

Calhoun is being held at the Snake River Correctional Institute in Ontario, where he’s been serving the second half of a four-year sentence in a burglary and car theft case dating back to 2019. ...

[...]

A Clackamas County SWAT team caught up with Calhoun during a traffic stop on July 6 at a Milwaukie gas station, according to Calhoun’s ex-girlfriend, Krista Sinor. Calhoun jumped into the Willamette River to evade capture, according to Sinor and police, but eventually returned to shore and was arrested.

He’s been held in near isolation in prison since and will remain behind bars once he is transferred to the Multnomah County Detention Center to face charges here, prosecutors said. The new indictment against Calhoun was not filed in court as of Friday afternoon.

[...]

MAY 24, 2024
[...]

The two-page indictment indicates prosecutors relied on 16 witnesses before the grand jury including detectives, medical examiners, and forensic scientists. The grand jury met behind closed doors for three days before returning an indictment against Calhoun.

The indictment claims Calhoun killed Perry on March 8, 2023. Her body was discovered on April 24 in a culvert near Ainsworth State Park in the Columbia River Gorge.

Speaks was murdered on March 18, 2023, according to the indictment. Her body was found near an abandoned barn in Ridgefield on April 8. According to the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office, Speaks died of blunt head and neck injuries.

Calhoun is accused of killing Webster on April 26, 2023, according to the indictment. Webster’s body was discovered in rural Polk County on April 30, about 70 miles from Portland.

[...]

The indictment claims Calhoun killed Perry on March 8, 2023. Her body was found nearly 7 weeks later, on April 24, at East Historic Columbia River Highway and Northeast Tumalt Road, near Ainsworth State Park.

Calhoun is accused of killing Speaks ten days after Perry, on March 18, 2023. Her body was found three weeks later on April 8, at an abandoned property on South 5th Street in Ridgefield.

Speaks' death is the only one of the three so far in which the manner of death was revealed.

The indictment claims Calhoun killed third victim Webster on April 26, 2023. Her body was found four days later, on April 30, at Harmony Road near Mill Creek in Polk County.

In a news conference earlier this month, Multnomah County prosecutors said they are continuing to investigate the deaths of two other women who may also be linked to Calhoun, Kristin Smith and Ashley Real.

Prosecutors say they expect Calhoun to be transported to Multnomah County for an arraignment on the charges. A date has not been on set.

Calhoun is currently being held at the Snake River Correctional Institution in eastern Oregon, where he is serving time for a parole violation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back