Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is not a theory. Just a thought. I am wondering if police have taken dogs to search the property right around the house and barn and any out-buildings where the red pickup was caught on camera. What if, instead of casing the place or attempting to dump a body, the occupants were there to retrieve a body that had been hastily hidden or buried? Perhaps the timeline excludes that possibility? I cannot make the timeline make sense. I know that family is reading this. My heart is with you and I hope that Allyson is hiding for some reason and will return home safely to you. But, if the worst has happened, she deserves to be found and you deserve to know.
What is interesting is they want all sightings of that truck between Sunday afternoon and Monday night which covers the time after BG would have been driven home and supposedly come back with dad. The original Nextdoor post which was share to the Missing Allyson Watterson FB group states the truck was caught on cam at 9:32am on the 22nd placing it before the door knock.

JAN 10, 2020
No new clues in Watterson search after cellphone provider found
[...]

It was believed that Allyson may have been using that phone the day she was last seen; however, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said the lead didn’t yield any answers.

"It didn't have a cell account attached to it, so there was no active cellular connection with it," said spokesman Deputy Brian van Kleef. “It was Wi-Fi only from what I understand. When it's just connected to the internet, and likely not connected when she went missing, there's little ways to track it."

Van Kleef also said that the sheriff’s office’s request for information tied to the red truck Allyson Watterson was last seen in has not led to any new leads.

[...]

Friday was the fifth private search by family and friends since the sheriff’s office concluded its efforts nearly two weeks ago. With the vigil Friday night, the goal remains the same: to find her.

“Rain or shine, we’re going to do what we can,” said Misty Watterson, Allyson’s mother.

de578056-7e2d-4f6b-9f05-c3f5217d0d01-medium16x9_MistyWattersoncaptioned.jpg

[...]

The sheriff’s office spent five days extensively searching the woods in North Plains where Watterson was last seen. And it has returned a few more times as more leads came in.

“When this information comes in, we go out, and it’s still very much an active investigation,” said van Kleef.

[...]

"We have to go back to some old-fashioned detective work, and it means we're interviewing people and talking to people and looking for physical evidence where we don't have that technological tracking beacon to find somebody," van Kleef said. "So, it's definitely more challenging."

[...]
Even if the phone had no SIM card, by law it has to call 911 which means it is always hitting towers. We had issues in San Francisco when homeless guy stole a phone from recycling and called 911 repeatedly. If the phone is within range of a tower, you can call 911 which means it can be tracked.

Even if the phone had no SIM card, by law it has to call 911 which means it is always hitting towers. We had issues in San Francisco when homeless guy stole a phone from recycling and called 911 repeatedly. If the phone is within range of a tower, you can call 911 which means it can be tracked.
She didn't call 911 though, right?

She didn't call 911 though, right?
It hasn't been reported that she called 911 but if her phone was on, it was connected to a tower even if her phone had no SIM card and is not tied to a particular service. The statement about not being able to track a phone without a SIM card is erroneous. They tracked down the homeless guy in SF based on his location. It took a long time because it was in a dense populated area, but they should be able to find that phone. Maybe find all the phones that hit the tower nearest to where she was last seen an eliminate the ones with cell service.

I thought it odd LE stated they can't ping it cus it was wifi only. Most cell phone towers or most network type towers have the E911 receivers on them. They should also be able to get the last wifi connection it made and from where. I'm thinking her phone was lost or off, or they wouldn't have needed to knock on a door. I'm not sure a phone with a depleted battery will continue to ping.

JAN 6, 2020
Mother refuses to give up search for daughter Allyson Watterson who disappeared when she became separated from boyfriend in Oregon woods
[...]

Then homeowner in North Plains spoke to deputies and Allyson's mother, telling them that Allyson and Allyson’s boyfriend, Benjamin Hunter Garland, knocked on her door and asked to use the phone because their vehicle broke down. After making the phone call, the homeowner said the couple left and was last seen walking down Old Pumpkin Ridge Road.

Another homeowner in the same area told deputies they found Ben sleeping in their truck early Monday morning. Ben told the homeowner his friends left him and he was trying to take cover from the rain. The homeowner drove him home. Ben’s father, Don Garland, later told authorities that when he got home from work, Ben told him he got separated from Allyson while they were in the woods.

[...]

“She told me she was going to hang out with her friends. She was in good spirits. We told each other ‘love you’ and that we’d talk to each other later,” Misty said. “We are really close. Our whole family is.”

Allyson has been living at home in Hillsboro with her mother, father and brother. Misty said Allyson was in between jobs and planning on doing some traveling with friends over the next year.

[...]

On Saturday, December 21, Allyson responded to her mother’s message and said she was with her boyfriend, Ben, at a friend's house in North Plains. Misty told Dateline Allyson had met Ben in high school, but recently reconnected and the two had been dating for only a few months.

[...]

Family members and friends continue to form their own search parties to scour the area where Allyson was last seen.

A candlelight vigil to bring awareness to Allyson’s disappearance will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday, January 10, 2019, at the community center in North Plains.

[...]
I don't understand why, when he was woken up in the man's car, he didnt tell that man about his missing girlfriend.

Why did he get a ride home, then wait until his Dad got home from work, to say anything about his missing gf?

That is a big problem that I can't ignore, in looking at his possible involvement. If she was missing because they were separated and he was concerned, WHY NOT SAY SO IMMEDIATELY?

I don't understand why, when he was woken up in the man's car, he didnt tell that man about his missing girlfriend.

Why did he get a ride home, then wait until his Dad got home from work, to say anything about his missing gf?

That is a big problem that I can't ignore, in looking at his possible involvement. If she was missing because they were separated and he was concerned, WHY NOT SAY SO IMMEDIATELY?
Yes, it is. Big problem. He put his fear of potential contact with the police over any concern for AW. I think he must have known that homeowner would call LE if he said she was missing.

Whether he harmed AW or not, I don't like him. :oops: I mean, his dad was eventually the one who had to call. You know, because she got lost hiking... :confused:MOO

Another weird thing about this case....They have no working vehicle and only one pair of shoes between them....

So they knock on doors to find a phone to use. WOULDN'T THEY CALL FOR A RIDE?

Who did they call , if not a call for a ride home?

Yes, it is. Big problem. He put his fear of potential contact with the police over any concern for AW. I think he must have known that homeowner would call LE if he said she was missing.

Whether he harmed AW or not, I don't like him. :oops: I mean, his dad was eventually the one who had to call. You know, because she got lost hiking... :confused:MOO

It truly is odd....and I kind of go both ways on my thinking here. In one light, I think ok...why did he bother to to tell his dad and call at all? Eventually LE would come looking for him and ask if he knew where she was, maybe say, we know you saw her last...etc. But at this point he could say we parted ways earlier in the night, have not seen her since, whatever. But for some reason he shared all of this with his dad. And ends up going back to the area. Why even go that far if he did something?

In the other light, I think maybe they went on some sort of alcohol or drug bender. He wakes up all foggy without a clue as to what happened the night before. Goes home tries to contact Allyson, can't find her. Kind of an " oh #%$^ " moment. Where could she be? Truly worried the talks to his dad who at least encourages him to contact LE. This is the only way I can see him putting himself front and center of it, instead of staying home and just being nonchalant about the night and her whereabouts.

All of this is JMO and all that ....of course. Thoughts?

Another weird thing about this case....They have no working vehicle and only one pair of shoes between them....

So they knock on doors to find a phone to use. WOULDN'T THEY CALL FOR A RIDE?

Who did they call , if not a call for a ride home?

and who is crazy enough to let this duo in to use a phone anyways!?? Moo

What is interesting is they want all sightings of that truck between Sunday afternoon and Monday night which covers the time after BG would have been driven home and supposedly come back with dad. The original Nextdoor post which was share to the Missing Allyson Watterson FB group states the truck was caught on cam at 9:32am on the 22nd placing it before the door knock.
I THINK it’s because of the fact that LE has never seemingly been able to verify what went on during those 30 hours before she was reported missing. The quote verbatim was “we’ve never been able to verify this narrative” (see link below) which I believe is not only about how Allyson and BG got separated, but about the claim that BG and his dad spent the day looking for her. They want to be able to confirm this actually happened - and cctv may be the only way to do so.

For the record, I am not a BG fan either regardless of if he was involved directly in Ally’s disappearance or not.

I absolutely believe that they were on some sort of drug-induced bender...the shoe part of the story reminds me of a terrible time in my early 20’s that involved a single Ugg boot and a lot of quaaludes. Didn’t go well.

I’m wondering if Ben and Allyson did enough drugs to where they had no clue where they were anymore and both just kind of aimlessly wander through the woods until they got separated.

I mean, the lady who’s phone they used said they were together at that point and then after using the phone they left together, so I have to wonder, if in a drug haze, they lost each other. JMTs

who did they call from her home? LE must know.

I THINK it’s because of the fact that LE has never seemingly been able to verify what went on during those 30 hours before she was reported missing. The quote verbatim was “we’ve never been able to verify this narrative” (see link below) which I believe is not only about how Allyson and BG got separated, but about the claim that BG and his dad spent the day looking for her. They want to be able to confirm this actually happened - and cctv may be the only way to do so.

For the record, I am not a BG fan either regardless of if he was involved directly in Ally’s disappearance or not.

I absolutely believe that they were on some sort of drug-induced bender...the shoe part of the story reminds me of a terrible time in my early 20’s that involved a single Ugg boot and a lot of quaaludes. Didn’t go well.
I'm sorry, this is horribly off topic, but I cannot imagine an Ugg boot and quaaludes existing in the same era.

Ugg boots are expensive! Well, I guess so were quaaludes also. Lol

I just think maybe with binge drugging, BG doesn’t have a clue what happened to AW. He doesn’t remember. He lost his mind in drugs and when he was lucid again, didn’t know wth happened to her, where they were or what they did, or when he last saw her. IMO

A. They had a blowout and broke up or he was pissed off at her for a different reason
B. He is responsible for her disappearing and let all this time pass trying to figure out what to do next.

Usually when a story doesn't make sense, its because there is missing information or it simply isn't true. I think we have a lot of lies here - outright and those of omission.

Reward Offered in Allyson Watterson Missing Person Case - Crime Stoppers Featured Case #20-1 (Photo)

January 13, 2020 10:08

The Washington County Sheriff's Office, in partnership with Crime Stoppers of Oregon, is asking for the public's help to locate a 20-year-old woman missing since December 22, 2019.

[...]

After Allyson was reported missing, Garland was arrested for multiple charges unrelated to the disappearance of Ms. Watterson. One of those charges included auto theft, as he was driving a stolen red 2001 Ford F-150 pick-up around the time of Allyson's disappearance. The truck was recovered by law enforcement.

[...]

Investigators and search and rescue volunteers have spent thousands of hours searching an area of approximately 1,600 acres and did not locate Allyson.

Crime Stoppers of Oregon offers cash rewards of up to $2,500 cash for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in any unsolved felony crime and tipsters can remain anonymous.

Visit the App Store and download P3 Tips to submit secure and anonymous tips.
Tip Form

Call 503-823-HELP (4357)

Crime Stoppers of Oregon is funded 100% by community donations. To support Crime Stoppers with a donation, please visit Crime Stoppers of Oregon

Allyson_Watterson.jpg

Allyson_Watterson_Clothing.jpg

Stolen_Ford_Truck.jpg

JAN 13, 2020
Crime Stoppers offering reward for information in Allyson Watterson's disappearance
Crime Stoppers of Oregon is offering a reward for information about the disappearance of a 20-year-old woman missing since last month.

[...]

Washington County deputies originally said the pair had been hiking, but Watterson’s mother says they had been visiting friends in the area and the boyfriend’s truck broke down. She says when they went looking for help, they got separated and Watterson went missing.

Deputies later said they recovered a stolen truck in the area and they arrested Watterson’s boyfriend, 21-year-old Benjamin Garland, on charges related to that truck, as well as other unrelated outstanding warrants.

[...]

Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards of up to $2,500 cash for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in any unsolved felony crime. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

Submit secure and anonymous tips at www.p3tips.com/823 or call 503-823-4357.

Friday Dec 20
“She told me she was going to hang out with her friends. She was in good spirits. We told each other ‘love you’ and that we’d talk to each other later,” Misty said

Sunday Dec 22
The last reported sighting of Watterson was was by a homeowner in the area just before noon on Sunday when she was with her boyfriend, Benjamin Hunter Garland, authorities said.

They were together when they knocked on her door and Allyson already had BG's shoes on, so somthing had already occurred, they had already been in the woods or a wet area - they made it to the road, to her house, and asked to use the phone. Who did they call?

Monday Dec 23
Another homeowner told deputies that early Monday morning they found Garland sleeping in their truck. He was soaking wet. This man drove him home (to dad's) in Hillsboro.

Around 5 p.m. on Monday, Garland's father called police to report Watterson missing. During the search for the missing woman, deputies found a stolen truck and discovered Garland nearby.

'Nearby' is so incredibly vague I'm not sure it was worth reporting. Was he outside near the truck looking for Allyson? At a nearby home? Does it simply mean his dad called police from the truck location to turn in his son and report Allyson?

Something went wrong between noonish on Sunday to early Monday morning. According to BG, they 'got separated'. This honestly just does not happen. One person has to be ahead or not paying attention when the other either stops or drops. There is also a 3rd person involved we are not hearing about, the person they called.

Either:
Allyson was killed and there was a conspiracy to cover it up
BG and Allyson fought and she left him there and attempted to walk back to Hillsboro
BG and Allyson are walking through a wooded area for whatever reason and she falls into pit/water/etc and 'disappears'.

Big questions: Who were they with that day and what exactly is his description of the last time he saw her?
I hope LE traced who they called from the house where they used the phone.

AWs mother has stated several times that AW and BG were not out hiking but visiting friends and their car broke down, so went looking for help. How would she know the car broke down unless it was her that they called that day from a homeowner's phone? Maybe I missed something or misunderstood...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons
Back