Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've only been in the official group. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. I couldn't find the post earlier, for some reason. Found it. (Link.)

And for those asking: I believe the post about the Grandma having a dream was on Find Annie Schmidt group as well. It was a ways back though. It was something about various people feeling her spirit/presence and Grandma having a vivid dream.

I've been saving screen shots of info & comments I might want to remember later about Annie. Her grandmother's comment is one I saved though I can't remember where it was posted. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a screen shot of it or quote it word for word. But she mentions how some family & friends have had tender dream visions from Annie letting them know she is beyond this life now & safe & excited to be in the spirit world. Which has brought them all a lot of peace. I'd love to hear these experiences to help myself feel that same peace they have received.

I must say though that I can't help but still hold hope that Annie is alive & found soon. <3

That post regarding what they know pretty much confirms what I've been thinking for a while now: that if there's something the family knows that we don't know, it's just how adventurous Annie is. They've been saying she's adventurous from the very beginning, but it's hard to know just what that means. There's adventurous, and then there's adventurous, if you know what I mean.

There is a picture on Annie's facebook where she has climbed up between two walls and seems to be quite a ways off the ground. (Link.) She definitely likes to think outside the box and take risks.

She mentioned on her twitter that she almost rode her longboard to an appointment to have her car repaired. So apparently she likes running around town on a longboard. Longboards are not for the meek of heart. I think I saw a picture around somewhere of her on a skateboard as well.

And then, in addition to Annie's adventurous spirit, we have a hiking area with challenging terrain, and bad weather rolling in.

she mentions how some family & friends have had tender dream visions from Annie letting them know she is beyond this life now & safe & excited to be in the spirit world. Which has brought them all a lot of peace. I'd love to hear these experiences to help myself feel that same peace they have received.

My daughter was 3 when my mom passed away and she received a visit from my mom, right after she passed (it was at home and we were all there with her, except my daughter who was asleep in the other room). My sister ran across the hall and picked my daughter up immediately after, to hug her and my daughter started talking to someone. My sister said "who are you talking to Taylor?" My daughter said "guppy." (that was her name for my mom, lol). My sister said "oh Taylor, guppy is gone." My daughter, who was very articulate at 3, said "no she's not, she's standing right there" (and pointed to the corner of the room). My sister looked around and didn't see anything, but said "what is she saying?" My daughter went on to say that her guppy told her to be a good girl and to mind her mommy and to be happy. Months later, my 15 year old sister received a visit from mom, reassuring her that she was happy and not in pain and very busy in the spirit world. A few months ago, my 19 year old daughter received a visit from my husband's mom who passed away 2 years ago, assuring her that she and my FIL were happy and not in pain anymore and together. So, needless to say, although I have never been lucky enough to receive a visit from a passed loved one, I have personal knowledge that it does happen. If her family has had a visit stating those things, then I believe Annie had an accident and is no longer with us. I just hope they find her body so that they can have a burial and although they have the spiritual closure, something that they can visit. I hope that makes sense.

My daughter was 3 when my mom passed away and she received a visit from my mom, right after she passed (it was at home and we were all there with her, except my daughter who was asleep in the other room). My sister ran across the hall and picked my daughter up immediately after, to hug her and my daughter started talking to someone. My sister said "who are you talking to Taylor?" My daughter said "guppy." (that was her name for my mom, lol). My sister said "oh Taylor, guppy is gone." My daughter, who was very articulate at 3, said "no she's not, she's standing right there" (and pointed to the corner of the room). My sister looked around and didn't see anything, but said "what is she saying?" My daughter went on to say that her guppy told her to be a good girl and to mind her mommy and to be happy. Months later, my 15 year old sister received a visit from mom, reassuring her that she was happy and not in pain and very busy in the spirit world. A few months ago, my 19 year old daughter received a visit from my husband's mom who passed away 2 years ago, assuring her that she and my FIL were happy and not in pain anymore and together. So, needless to say, although I have never been lucky enough to receive a visit from a passed loved one, I have personal knowledge that it does happen. If her family has had a visit stating those things, then I believe Annie had an accident and is no longer with us. I just hope they find her body so that they can have a burial and although they have the spiritual closure, something that they can visit. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for sharing this dodgerchick!

If several of Annie's family members had these dreams and visits, then I completely understand why they announced that she was deceased quite early on in the search and said they were at peace with that.

Thanks for the video. That looks dangerous even in dry weather. What was she thinking trying to hike that alone? If she did try to hike Munra Point, I'm afraid no one will find her until Spring. Doubtful the volunteer searchers were able to get up there safely this time of year. I wonder if they sent the drones over Munra Point?

Quite a few people are still searching, and most of them have focused searching this area specifically. They are so brave!

There are still people searching according to the Facebook group but I haven't seen an update today. Conversation has died down in that group. Possibly because the person who has taken over the group, named Damen has stated no speculating is allowed. Today in a reply on a post he clarified that that includes speculating as to where she may be in the gorge (where she is supposedly lost at.) That feels awfully restrictive to me because you can't post any guesses as to spots she may have fallen or come into harm. But I guess it's what the family wants so I can't argue with what they want.

That's amazing! I've had very vivid dreams of my grandma over the past 3 years since she passed. One of which felt so real that when she hugged me it startled me & I told her I had to wake up! Another time I was pregnant & dreamt of my grandma holding a little 2 year old girl on her lap. She was so happy & singing songs to the girl. About a month later I had my ultrasound & found out I was having a girl! My daughter is now 1 & 1/2 years old & looks a lot like the girl from my dream <3

So I too believe we can receive messages & impressions from dreams. The Schmidt family is so blessed to have that peace. Whatever may have happened I hope she is found soon so they can have complete closure.

Possibly because the person who has taken over the group, named Damen has stated no speculating is allowed.

He resigned as an administrator of the page today.

Annie's father Jon posted today on the Find Annie page...

He said all the easy trails have been searched and they will now use only those with exceptional expertise to search the harder trails. They should join the private group. The public page will no longer take comments so they can focus on further efforts. It will just be used for updates. If anyone has a tip they should call Portland Police Dept or comment on an update post. And he thanks everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/findannie/permalink/214733268961259/

Imo.

KB was just found held captive by T K for 2 months.

So maybe parents shouldn't tell people that they know what they don't know. Jmo

Posted 15 min ago:

We are VERY hopeful for closure tonight. Today the dog teams found human remains at the bottom of a cliff in the area below Munra Point. The area is so far off trail and dense with vegetation that it required SAR to pretty much crawl uphill to get there.

Conclusive identification of the remains is impossible. The medical examiner will have conclusive identity verification by Monday or Tuesday. There is comfort in knowing from the circumstances that there would have been no suffering.

We can positively identify the clothing and personal items found at the site as belonging to Annie.

The Sheriff's department is making a public statement that there is reason to believe that Annie has been found, awaiting conclusive evidence from the medical examination.

Why would it be impossible to identify? Is it too gruesome to consider? Animals have done things to the body?

Yes after more than three weeks out in the open there's not much soft tissue left anymore, if any at all, due to a) natural speed of decomposition and b) animal activity. The remains are certainly not recognizable anymore.

Looking at a three-week mark since she supposedly went hiking with a body left in the elements. The Schmidts' have stated they can positively identify the clothing and personal items found at the site as belonging to Annie. But officials have to follow the rules if identification is not 100% proven with identification.

Googling cliff at Munra Point, it looks like a very popular place for falls.

Sad to see this news but thankful for closure for her loved ones.

Why would it be impossible to identify? Is it too gruesome to consider? Animals have done things to the body?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back