Found Deceased OR - Bonnie Jo Short, 77, left home at 1.30am, Myrtle Creek, 27 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I throw my fuzzy robe on over my clothes all the time when it’s cold so that doesn’t trigger any alarms with me. The cell phone being turned off and 1:30 am do bother me though. I am pretty sure the cell coverage can be spotty in areas outside of Myrtle Creek. I wonder if they know she was in cell range and they can tell it was actually turned off or not? I do hope she is found safe very soon.

A Myrtle Creek woman is still missing and authorities are continuing their efforts to locate her.

Detective Kevin Taggert of the Myrtle Creek Police said 77-year old Bonnie Jo Short left her home Saturday morning at about 1:30 a.m. and hasn’t been heard from since. Short was driving a silver 2015 Ford Escape with Oregon license plate 900MLJ.

ford-escape.jpg

Taggert said Short’s vehicle was last known to be eastbound on Riverside Drive heading towards South Myrtle Road. MCPD, along with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue have been focusing the search out South Myrtle Road.

MYRTLE CREEK WOMAN STILL MISSING - KQEN News Radio

It's very possible she doesn't keep her phone turned on like most of us do. She may just carry it for emergencies and will turn it on if she needs to use it.
Very worried about Bonnie Jo, did she drive off the road into water or trees?
JMO MOO

No need to worry UNLESS you leave the house wearing it at 1:30 in the morning with a phone that has been turned off.
Phone's always on, and my two best friends know how to find me.

It's very possible she doesn't keep her phone turned on like most of us do. She may just carry it for emergencies and will turn it on if she needs to use it.
Very worried about Bonnie Jo, did she drive off the road into water or trees?
JMO MOO

But even more pertinently, what made a 77 year old woman take off in her car at 1.30 in the morning? She wasn't going shopping or for a casual drive, that's for sure.

Mine is always on also but I'm not 77 years old. I can tell you if it weren't for me and our children my husband would keep his off until he needed it for something. We're 58 and 66.
My phone can go for days without being turned on. My daughters chide me for it.

I wonder if she lived alone?! Did someone call her and need her to come over at that hour? There must be some reason she went out at this time. No detail is given.
She lives at her daughter's house on the golf course, but I can't find where I read that. FB will not let me on unless I'm logged in and I no longer subscribe to FB.

Last edited:
She lives at her daughter's house on the golf course, but I can't find where I read that. FB will not let me on unless I'm logged in and I no longer subscribe to FB.
In the above link on the post dated 11/28.
Bonnie Short
77 years old
Last seen 1:30 a.m. Saturday 11-27-21
She left in her car -
Silver 2015 Ford Escape Hatchback Lic 900 MLJ
She did not take any medications
There has been no phone or credit card activity
A missing person report has been filed with the Myrtle Creek Police Dept.
She was wearing a black and white hoodie, jeans, black boots and had a grey robe with hoodie on top.
She shuffles a bit when she walks.
She lives with her daughter in Myrtle Creek near the golf course.
This is absolutely not typical.
If you have any clues or information that might help, please call the Myrtle Creek Police Department at – 541-863-5222
As well as her daughter, Jenna, at 541-391-6391.
Thank you.
Bonnie, if you are reading this, please call.
- Her daughter asked that this be posted

"She did not take any medications"

Does that mean that she takes no medications for any problem

or

she does take medication for something, but didn't take with her when she left?

I think maybe the latter, and that it could be for some kind of memory/Alzheimer's type problem she has. JMO

Doing some sleuthing here and I'm wondering if she and her daughter had a fight and she stormed out. Reason being, wouldn't you think her daughter would be in bed at that hour, yet she knew what time her mother left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67
Back