OR OR - Daniel Oberg, 28, Lane County, 22 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Continued efforts in the search for Danny Oberg occured over the weekend of December 16th & 17th 2017. Statement from Lane County Sheriff Office Facebook page...

Lane County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue volunteers and staff were out this last weekend searching for Danny Oberg, a 28 year man who was reported missing in April of 2017 and has not been seen by friends or family since. There were 29 searchers on Saturday and 19 searchers on Sunday, from both Lane and Linn Search and Rescue teams. Ground search teams and K9 teams were used to cover an area north of Marcola that was previously inaccessbile due to heavy brush. Unfortunately the searches did not yield any new information about where Danny Oberg may have gone. Search and Rescue has conducted multiple search missions looking for Danny since April in the Marcola area and surrounding public and private lands.

If you have seen Danny Oberg, please contact us at 541-682-4141.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the heads-up, Randomly, and welcome to WS!

Here is a MSM article I found about the search; it virtually repeats what the Sheriff posted on FB, but one thing stood out to me:

“Oberg, 28, was last seen Daniel Oberg locally on Sunday, April 23, at Safeway in the company of at least one other man, now identied as Kaleb Bantam.” (BBM)
http://www.sweethomenews.com/story/...-home-man-missing-for-eight-months/20100.html

I couldn’t find anything whatsoever when I googled this name, so I did some additional research online; it appears that the reporter made a typo, and the person’s last name is actually “Banta.”

Since no one has formally been identified as a POI, I don’t think we are allowed to sleuth him, but I do find it interesting that they went ahead and published his identity (additionally, (The New Era, when Daniel first went missing, published the name of the person who, according to Daniel’s Dad, “could be” one of the two young men Daniel walked out of Safeway with):
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704325792918173&id=116324575051644

Thank you for the heads-up, Randomly, and welcome to WS!

Here is a MSM article I found about the search; it virtually repeats what the Sheriff posted on FB, but one thing stood out to me:

“Oberg, 28, was last seen Daniel Oberg locally on Sunday, April 23, at Safeway in the company of at least one other man, now identied as Kaleb Bantam.” (BBM)
http://www.sweethomenews.com/story/...-home-man-missing-for-eight-months/20100.html

I couldn’t find anything whatsoever when I googled this name, so I did some additional research online; it appears that the reporter made a typo, and the person’s last name is actually “Banta.”

Since no one has formally been identified as a POI, I don’t think we are allowed to sleuth him, but I do find it interesting that they went ahead and published his identity (additionally, (The New Era, when Daniel first went missing, published the name of the person who, according to Daniel’s Dad, “could be” one of the two young men Daniel walked out of Safeway with):
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704325792918173&id=116324575051644
The Facebook group 'Let's Find Danny Oberg anyone is welcome to speak' is a public group that has a lot of information about who he was seen with & who may be involved. You are correct that the last name is Banta. You will find some answers to your questions if you read back thru all the posts. Thank you for being interested in DO's disappearance.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The Facebook group 'Let's Find Danny Oberg anyone is welcome to speak' is a public group that has a lot of information about who he was seen with & who may be involved. You are correct that the last name is Banta. You will find some answers to your questions if you read back thru all the posts. Thank you for being interested in DO's disappearance.

Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1666329306725731/permalink/1675738419118153/

The Facts
Updated as of June 8th

-Danny has NOT been found. It will be updated on the page immediately.
-MISA HAS BEEN FOUND! Near mile marker 13 of Marcola Rd close to the location the car was recovered updated May 14th
-case (possibly back) for Danny's cell phone was found in the car at the same time the car was found.
-Car was found on April 25th hours after Danny was reported missing on an access road near mile marker 13 of Marcola Rd within eye sight of Marcola Rd.
-Last confirmed sighting was at 12:43 am April 23rd at Sweet Home Safeway with at least one other young man, likely more in the car.
-Last cellphone pings is unknown to public right now
-Misa was last seen on Carson in Marcola on May 6th.
-There is an animal search and rescue team in Marcola working to locate and trap her.
-Misa's puppy Koda was returned by a farmer near MP 12 and is now with Ken, Danny's Father.
-Lane County search and rescue has swept Shotgun Creek for signs and returned with no leads.
-Lane County Sheriff Department is in control of the missing person case right now.
-Private search groups have been to shotgun creek, green peter, and quartzville corridor.
-Canyon Creek (near cascadia) was investigated by an officer, the source of the smell was a dead deer.
-Car that was found is a white Buick.

If anyone has any other facts or speak with law enforcement and receive any new information please pm me and I will update this post as I gain any new information.

and
https://www.facebook.com/groups/406047996458553/

Unfortunately, when people are engaged in “ risky behavior”, doing something they shouldn’t be doing, and something Bad happens, the impulse towards self-protection kicks in.

Realistically, if someone is dead and the friends they were “messing around with” could be subject to criminal prosecution, why should they come forward?

The use of hard drugs is very risky and people partying together can, very often, find themselves confronted with one of their group overdosing. Experienced users know all about it; they know the risks, the consequences and they have heard plenty of stories of what others have done in the same situation.

Covering ones own rear end is priority #1 and concern for somebody else’s loved ones is way down on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, when people are engaged in “ risky behavior”, doing something they shouldn’t be doing, and something Bad happens, the impulse towards self-protection kicks in.

Realistically, if someone is dead and the friends they were “messing around with” could be subject to criminal prosecution, why should they come forward?

The use of hard drugs is very risky and people partying together can, very often, find themselves confronted with one of their group overdosing. Experienced users know all about it; they know the risks, the consequences and they have heard plenty of stories of what others have done in the same situation.

Covering ones own rear end is priority #1 and concern for somebody else’s loved ones is way down on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with this, though Oregon has the good samaritan law so if Danny overdosed there should be no reason they didn't call it in or come clean about it now

I agree with this, though Oregon has the good samaritan law so if Danny overdosed there should be no reason they didn't call it in or come clean about it now

I think some people and maybe especially young people don’t know or remember this.
Half my family is from Sweet Home and Albany and many still live there. So many places he could that would be hard to locate him.

Oregon State Police joined with the Lane County Sheriff's search for Daniel! Linn County Sheriff's also have a Detective on the case. Sweet Home is in Linn County, where Danny was last seen on camera. Lane County is where his car and dogs were located. Hopefully that brings Search & Rescue to Linn County near the area where some of his belongings were located.

Oregon State Police

Not Daniel ...:

“UPDATE: Body found in Willamette identified as missing canoeist”

“The Lane County Sheriff’s Office said Donald Girardi, 73, took his canoe out near the Hayden Bridge Boat Ramp on the McKenzie River in Springfield when he went missing on May 28.

Deputies found his overturned canoe and search and rescue teams looked for him for several days but could not find him.

On Sunday afternoon, a boater found Girardi’s body about a mile upriver from the Marshall Island Boat Ramp near Junction City.”

UPDATE: Body found in Willamette identified as missing canoeist

Rest In Peace, Mr. Girardi.

Where is Daniel Oberg? - August 22, 2018
Gray Hughes: I did a live video on this case back in April and It was deleted because it went off the rails. John Lordon created a video today on the case and I thought I could help augment his video here. Below are the links to his video and the vanished podcast.

Daniel "Danny" Oberg on Brainscratch Searchlight - August 22, 2018

The Vanished Podcast EPISODE 87: Daniel O'berg - August 18, 2017
28-year-old Daniel O'berg was last seen inside a Safeway grocery store in Sweet Home, Oregon on April 23, 2017. He was inside the store with another man while a third man waited outside in Danny’s car with his two beloved dogs, Misa and Koda. After that, Danny, his dogs and car all disappeared. In this episode, you will hear from Danny's dad, Ken, and also Andrea from Bring Our Missing Home.

That site is ran by Shaun larsons gfs mom Angie. And Danny’s dad approved hope and justice for Danny Oberg as the official page NOT this page.

Do NOT trust the group “let’s find Danny” that group on fb is ran by Shaun larsons gfs mom. Danny’s dad says, “hope and justice for Danny Oberg” is the official page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back