OR OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you do me a favor please, Red Clover? Can you edit my quoted post in your post so that BM's name is just his initials? I edited my own post, but you Quoted it before my edit so his name is there and shouldn't be. Sorry for the hassle.
I think I got it?!

What a mysterious case!

I found it by chance yesterday and read all posts with great interest.

Carry on folks :)
I hope it will be solved eventually.

Fingers crossed!

RIP to David :(
He seemed to be a good man.
What a tragedy!
RIP to the other murdered man.

Last edited:
What a mysterious case!

I found it by chance yesterday and read all posts with great interest.

Carry on folks :)
I hope it will be solved eventually.

Fingers crossed!

RIP to David :(
He seemed to be a good man.
What a tragedy!
RIP to the other murdered man.
Yes, welcome!
Dave was definitely a good man.
Thanks for taking the time to read all the way through. ✌️

Does anyone know what time Dave was last seen (where and by who?) on 9/3/2008?

I've heard he was in Ashland that day and at one of the lakes that night but LE was unable to confirm or deny.

What the heck happened?

It would be nice to have a tighter timeline of that last day & night.

✌️

I'm curious about David's parents' inheritance checks on the windowsill.

Were they monetized after his death?

Or was the intact inheritance given to David's children?

And what about a sibling's part of inheritance?
The sibling who needed to be taken care of?

If the motive was money, I guess it is easy to check.

JMO

I'm curious about David's parents' inheritance checks on the windowsill.

Were they monetized after his death?

Or was the intact inheritance given to David's children?

And what about a sibling's part of inheritance?
The sibling who needed to be taken care of?

If the motive was money, I guess it is easy to check.

JMO
Really excellent questions @Dotta

As of mid-late August 2008 AFAIK from what Dave said to me, the checks were still in Dave's cabin, uncashed.

It's possible he took the checks to a bank and deposited them between the time I last spoke to him and the time of his passing, approximately 10 days.

I'm not sure how or if the inheritance checks were accounted for or how much of the money from his parents place his sons actually received, if at all.

I don't know if the family member ever came out to live on the west coast with the person who was hoping to gain custody.

AFAIK, from what Dave told me, the sibling had lived on the east coast their entire life and near another family member as an adult and were happy, healthy and well cared for and he saw no reason to uproot them.

I was surprised when I came onto WS to learn that they had a marker in Ashland Oregon in front of Dave's. (Per VI Sleuth2010- January-February 2023 posts)
I don't know whether their remains are there or if it's just a marker.

All JMO IMOO
✌️

Dave's death and body burning is beyond heinous. Websleuths, true-members, try hard to help. Therefore, suggestions about Dave's family and/or personal family finances, have absolutely nothing to do with these double-murders ( Dave and Troy Carney) multiple arson fires 4 : "Barn" in Emigrant Lake area, # 18196 Keno Cabin arson, Troy's Greenway Campspot, and Dave's home and body. It is actually 4 fires that were reported to Detectives.
The yellow tape, was not or never would have been placed by Dave's family. Accusations otherwise, seem to want to distract from facts, reports, law enforcement investigations and bringing killers to jail. These killers and their planners need to be arrested.

WS, thank you for seeking justice and arrests of murderers.
These crimes are an atrocity. We hope for justice soon.

Dave's death and body burning is beyond heinous. Websleuths, true-members, try hard to help. Therefore, suggestions about Dave's family and/or personal family finances, have absolutely nothing to do with these double-murders ( Dave and Troy Carney) multiple arson fires 4 : "Barn" in Emigrant Lake area, # 18196 Keno Cabin arson, Troy's Greenway Campspot, and Dave's home and body. It is actually 4 fires that were reported to Detectives.
The yellow tape, was not or never would have been placed by Dave's family. Accusations otherwise, seem to want to distract from facts, reports, law enforcement investigations and bringing killers to jail. These killers and their planners need to be arrested.

WS, thank you for seeking justice and arrests of murderers.
These crimes are an atrocity. We hope for justice soon.
Oh wow! A 4th fire at a barn in the Emigrant Lake area? When was that, before or after Dave's death? Do you have more details about that fire or more information about what happened? Was it near JF/JH's place?

As far as I know, there has never been a connection established by LE between the murders of Dave Lewis and Troy Carney. They are not a “double murder.” So information does not need to connect them in order to be considered here. Whatever was going on in each of their lives can be important clues in their individual cases. JMO

I‘ve Googled a fire near Emigrant Lake in the time-frame of Sept 2008 and come up empty. Probably not surprising after all these years. Do you have a link or more info @Sleuth2010? Thanks! :)

As far as I know, there has never been a connection established by LE between the murders of Dave Lewis and Troy Carney. They are not a “double murder.” So information does not need to connect them in order to be considered here. Whatever was going on in each of their lives can be important clues in their individual cases. JMO

I‘ve Googled a fire near Emigrant Lake in the time-frame of Sept 2008 and come up empty. Probably not surprising after all these years. Do you have a link or more info @Sleuth2010? Thanks! :)
After searching for quite awhile, I'm not finding any fires for that time period around September 2008 either. Hopefully more specific dates and a location are available.
OR - OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008
1699851153534.png

Amazing view property with rolling meadows, a variety of trees and flowers. This is a one of a kind property that is at the top of DIM and is a combination of wooded/ beautiful meadows to enjoy wildflowers throughout the season and wildlife year round. Panoramic views of Mt Ashland, McLaughlin and Pilot Rock. Property is surrounded on 3 sides by BLM. Short distance to Howard Prairie and Hyatt Lakes.
In case you missed this, the pristine 40 acres Dave lived on for 23 years was sold in December 2022 for $350,000. Behold the unimaginable glory!!

I’m afraid I have to disagree with the opinion/belief that “there are no such things as coincidences.” Some similar events can be random and unrelated IMO. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion about coincidences. But either way it’s just an opinion, not fact.

JMO

Dave's family and real friends don't describe, "behold the unimaginable glory,"
to the place Dave's body was charred to 40 pounds on.

DAVELEWISFRIENDHUG.jpg
Dave's family and real friends don't describe, "behold the unimaginable glory,"
to the place Dave's body was charred to 40 pounds on.
I mean... JMO, but If you've seen it or been there there's no way to deny the unimaginable glory of that property. Someone thought enough of the location to purchase the 40 acre's last winter despite the history of the property. They definitely got a good price, $350k doesn't buy much in Southern Oregon anymore.

✌️
1699898652228.jpeg
1699898688458.jpeg
1699898730712.jpeg
1699898788796.jpeg
1699898817067.jpeg
1699898857407.jpeg
1699898495868.jpeg

1699898452605.jpeg

1699898387837.jpeg
Edited to add JMO ✌️

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
About six weeks before he passed, I remember Dave telling me he had cleaned out the kid's childhood room (stuffed animals and little kid games & stuff)

He had painted it and had also done some work on his own room. He was always busy on the house and property and so incredibly crafty and creative with the materials he found around him...

<modsnip>

✌️

All JMO & IME

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
According to Zillow it doesn't look like any dickering was done over the price. Asking/listing price was paid according to Z. It sure is a beautiful area. The views are awesome from the pics I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back