OR OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome @NeverPersonal !!!
i really hope this person doesnt get away with this
I can't tell you how much I agree with this sentiment. It's one of the reasons why I'm here on WS. If I have anything to say about it they won't.

Sometimes you have to pay just as much attention to what someone DOESNT say.
informative article that got me up to date on dave and troy
Yes, this 2020 article is excellent. Unfortunately many of the original articles are no longer available (broken links)

informative article that got me up to date on dave and troy
WTHeck!?! Per your article:

At one camp, Cpt. Snaith says a strange item caught their eye, a yellow and black wolverine mask.

You can find it on the cover of the ‘Return of Wolverine’ comic book showing the mutant emerging from flames.

I had to Goog it as I didn't know what it is.

1699142357734.png
Source

Or less elaborate & different version (but still odd IMO):

1699142448310.png
Source
Either way... that's WIERD!!! It's not like it's a blue surgical mask post 2020 (Covid) which you'll see littering streets (or at least I do), and it's not like it's a ski mask to keep your face warm. It's decorative, and pretty darn odd, IMO, for it to be at a campsite!'

Orig source to keep things together: Unsolved So. Oregon: From the Ashes - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Could this mean anything? "the mutant emerging from flames", or is it just a coincidence?

I can't tell you how much I agree with this sentiment. It's one of the reasons why I'm here on WS. If I have anything to say about it they won't.

Yes, this 2020 article is excellent. Unfortunately many of the original articles are no longer available (broken links)
You could always try the wayback machine to see if you can find old copies of articles. Also, I believe there's a way to find archived articles. I did it once LOOONNGG ago and don't remember how. Wayback would be a good place to start as it's easiest.

WTHeck!?! Per your article:

At one camp, Cpt. Snaith says a strange item caught their eye, a yellow and black wolverine mask.

You can find it on the cover of the ‘Return of Wolverine’ comic book showing the mutant emerging from flames.

I had to Goog it as I didn't know what it is.

View attachment 458260
Source

Or less elaborate & different version (but still odd IMO):

View attachment 458261
Source
Either way... that's WIERD!!! It's not like it's a blue surgical mask post 2020 (Covid) which you'll see littering streets (or at least I do), and it's not like it's a ski mask to keep your face warm. It's decorative, and pretty darn odd, IMO, for it to be at a campsite!'

Orig source to keep things together: Unsolved So. Oregon: From the Ashes - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Could this mean anything? "the mutant emerging from flames", or is it just a coincidence?
IIRC, There's more information about the mask on Troy Dean Carney's thread. They took DNA and found the owner, they don't believe this person was involved although the person did leave camp suddenly with their children right around the time of Troy's death. It may have been because they heard gunshots. They (JCSO) think it was one of the kids masks.

Last edited:
You could always try the wayback machine to see if you can find old copies of articles. Also, I believe there's a way to find archived articles. I did it once LOOONNGG ago and don't remember how. Wayback would be a good place to start as it's easiest.
The wayback machine works for some of the articles but unfortunately not all of them. You plug the original url into their machine and they'll show you how many times the pages were cached to the WM website with dates. That's where I've been getting the various pages from the whokilleddavelewis sites as the sites themselves have been disabled but the WM still has a record of them from approximately 2010-2011 through 2015 or so.

IIRC there was a defamation lawsuit (brought by BB and his company) who were featured on some versions of the site. The sites changed over time and came to be filled with all kinds of crazy conspiracy stuff like connections to China controlling the Ashland airport and all kinds of other wild accusations. (IMOO of course!)

EMB for clarity ✌️

The wayback machine works for some of the articles but unfortunately not all of them. You plug the original url into their machine and they'll show you how many times the pages were cached to the WM website with dates. That's where I've been getting the various pages from the whokilleddavelewis sites as the sites themselves have been disabled but the WM still has a record of them from approximately 2010-2011 through 2015 or so.

IIRC there was a defamation lawsuit (brought by BB and his company) who were featured on some versions of the site. The sites changed over time and came to be filled with all kinds of crazy conspiracy stuff like connections to China controlling the Ashland airport and all kinds of other wild accusations. (IMOO of course!)

EMB for clarity ✌️
Yep. It's always worth a try in my book to see what they archived. :)

IMO MOO

Casting aspersions on Dave's family members is not only against Websleuth rules, it throws-off the case. The fact's of Dave's family are that all cousins, siblings, aunts, uncles etc. etc., were out-of-state ( and have all been cleared) Facts.

Whatever vengeance aspersions, being cast, and for what true reason ? remains in the mind of those who ( perhaps ) don't truly want the case solved... attacking the family of a murdered, body burned, man. In those final dreadful moments... which David Edwin Lewis fought like the devil.

The killer's are loose. The plot / plan worked. David spent sleepless nights, concerned about the death threats and, " I'm going to burn you out." It was a volitile, boots on the ground, environment. No Lewis family members including Dave's 3 sons, knew Troy Carney and/or wanted this beloved Lewis dead.

Straight facts, not fit-full vengeance accusations toward family members ( who are also victims)
are needed.

To find the killers, stick to the detective's facts.

As for the rest... Michael Winters was always sketch. Or as the family was told, by law enforcement, on day-one, "any other mountain, in any other town, with any other sheriff, and this case would be solved." Fact.

" Corruption and old-boys, in Jackson County, Oregon, run to the bone. "

Strange how the articles are no longer available. Almost as if someone asked them to be removed. They'd have to be family to do that...

Cases that happened even in the 90s still have links up...

Dave Lewis Justice4 exposes the corruption in Jackson County. And many other places.
Missing, Murdered, Sexually Abused and Sexually Assaulted. Seeking justice against crime.
All things David: " Said It the Way It Was, It Was the Way He Said"

The website grew into a JUSTICE 4 ALL communications vessel. Not just about Dave, but ALL JUSTICE SEEKERS, thanking law enforcement, best Detective ever, "Go Go Go, don't Stop, Go "
MOO
What? I can't even follow this train of thought.

Gosh I miss him.

ALL IMO IMOO MOO

I believe David knew the person that came to his house that night.

I believe the person traveled from the north to confront Dave about his unwillingness to share his part of his parents inheritance. [whether or not they ultimately received the money]

He told me that he was not on good terms with this person, that they had ongoing issues with money and that he "expected them to just show up" they also, from what Dave said to me, were asking for part of, or control of a disabled family member's inheritance as well as guardianship of that same family member.
There was also discussion about his parents Wilmington DE property which had not been sold and divided up at the time of his passing.

I believe that this person was familiar with his routine, was familiar with the former owners of the 18196 property and knew what accelerants and other things that would be on the property.

I also believe that the murderer was familiar with the backroads of the Dead Indian Memorial Road area (and Jackson County in general) including the back roads to Little Butte Creek (Conde Creek, BLM roads, Soda Creek Road) and over to Hwy 140 from DIMR.

I believe the murder of Troy Dean Carney late night-early morning of 9/1-9/2/2008 on the Bear Creek Greenway is the same person that committed the two arsons on DIMR and caused David's death on the night of 9/3-9/4/2008.

I believe the murderer marked Conde Creek Road with yellow flagging (per a 2023 Sleuth2010 post) either on 9/2/2008 or 9/3/2008.

I believe this person attended the memorial at the summit at noon for Dave after setting fire to Troy Dean Carney's camp on the Bear creek Greenway in Central Point Oregon in the very early morning hours of 9/14/2008.

I believe this individual was camping up Soda creek road, possibly with a child, at the historic Soda Springs shelter near Camp Latgawa on Little Butte Creek which has a wash basin, and four ovens in a large open air shelter.

I'm always hopeful someone will come forward and help with the investigation. It could still happen. Someone knows what happened. Maybe their conscience will get the best of them one day.

If you know ANYTHING, no matter how small, seemingly stupid or insignificant, or if you've heard something, ANYTHING, please consider contacting local law enforcement.
Any police department can take your report.

All for now,
✌️
EBM for clarity
Go right to the Sheriff's department, in person, again, and tell them your theory !!! <modsnip: snarky>

Last edited by a moderator:
JUSTICE 4 OUR MURDERED

Attachments

• 47EDA259-2FC2-4CB3-B17C-AC294883D675.jpeg
    47EDA259-2FC2-4CB3-B17C-AC294883D675.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 8
Gosh I miss him.

ALL IMO IMOO MOO

I believe David knew the person that came to his house that night.

I believe the person traveled from the north to confront Dave about his unwillingness to share his part of his parents inheritance. [whether or not they ultimately received the money]

He told me that he was not on good terms with this person, that they had ongoing issues with money and that he "expected them to just show up" they also, from what Dave said to me, were asking for part of, or control of a disabled family member's inheritance as well as guardianship of that same family member.
There was also discussion about his parents Wilmington DE property which had not been sold and divided up at the time of his passing.

I believe that this person was familiar with his routine, was familiar with the former owners of the 18196 property and knew what accelerants and other things that would be on the property.

I also believe that the murderer was familiar with the backroads of the Dead Indian Memorial Road area (and Jackson County in general) including the back roads to Little Butte Creek (Conde Creek, BLM roads, Soda Creek Road) and over to Hwy 140 from DIMR.

I believe the murder of Troy Dean Carney late night-early morning of 9/1-9/2/2008 on the Bear Creek Greenway is the same person that committed the two arsons on DIMR and caused David's death on the night of 9/3-9/4/2008.

I believe the murderer marked Conde Creek Road with yellow flagging (per a 2023 Sleuth2010 post) either on 9/2/2008 or 9/3/2008.

I believe this person attended the memorial at the summit at noon for Dave after setting fire to Troy Dean Carney's camp on the Bear creek Greenway in Central Point Oregon in the very early morning hours of 9/14/2008.

I believe this individual was camping up Soda creek road, possibly with a child, at the historic Soda Springs shelter near Camp Latgawa on Little Butte Creek which has a wash basin, and four ovens in a large open air shelter.

I'm always hopeful someone will come forward and help with the investigation. It could still happen. Someone knows what happened. Maybe their conscience will get the best of them one day.

If you know ANYTHING, no matter how small, seemingly stupid or insignificant, or if you've heard something, ANYTHING, please consider contacting local law enforcement.
Any police department can take your report.

All for now,
✌️
EBM for clarity

" He told me that he was not on good terms with this person, that they had ongoing issues with money and that he "expected them to just show up" they also, from what Dave said to me, were asking for part of, or control of a disabled family member's inheritance as well as guardianship of that same family member.
There was also discussion about his parents Wilmington DE property which had not been sold and divided up at the time of his passing."

Are you talking about David's older sisters ? Is way off base and muddy waters don't help solve murders.

Why would Dave's sisters or siblings kill Troy ?

Strange how the articles are no longer available. Almost as if someone asked them to be removed. They'd have to be family to do that...

Cases that happened even in the 90s still have links up...
Hmm... That's an interesting thought. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. It makes so much sense. Several times I've found information online about this case and have not been able to find it again the next time I look weeks or months later. I was just looking for something today that references the private tip line and just couldn't find it.

Is way off base and muddy waters don't help solve murders.

BBM-✌️
Are you suggesting that David and I didn't have this conversation, because we did, approximately 10 days before he passed.

We also discussed the 2008 election, the ridiculous vp candidate with a view of Russia (oh how we chuckled! ), the situation at the lake, the dispute with his neighbors over the driveway and future development, the ground squirrels that were eating everything in his garden (even the potatoes he said!) and we also talked about the pellet gun he wasn't supposed to possess.

We even discussed death.

He told me about a neighbor that had passed from a heart attack on the mountain, the neighbor's wife was a nurse but couldn't save him. David kept saying "He didn't even make it to 50!"

We agreed we wouldn't want to know how how we were going to die.

Looking back it was eerily prophetic.

He was, absolutely, with no uncertainty on my part, expecting this individual to "just show up"

I believe they did and now Dave's not here.

✌️
EBM-for clarity and punctuation

" He told me that he was not on good terms with this person, that they had ongoing issues with money and that he "expected them to just show up" they also, from what Dave said to me, were asking for part of, or control of a disabled family member's inheritance as well as guardianship of that same family member.
There was also discussion about his parents Wilmington DE property which had not been sold and divided up at the time of his passing."

Are you talking about David's older sisters ? Is way off base and muddy waters don't help solve murders.

Why would Dave's sisters or siblings kill Troy ?
I want to make it clear I am not sleuthing family, I'm merely commenting on posts that VIs have made in this thread.

With that said, to the best of my knowledge Dave only has 1 living sister. Page (Paige? I've seen her called both names) I'm assuming has passed as it was said that "Dave's grave and his sister Page E. Lewis, have a marker at the end of NORMAL STREET cemetery. Across from the game fields and at the bike path", and Dave's obit lists only 2 sisters.

Page's maker mentioned in this post: OR - OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

Quote from Dave's obit (and link below where I got that info from):

David was preceded in death by his parents, Robert and Vivian Lewis; and survived by his three sons, Beau, Casey, and Skyler Lewis; and by his three siblings, James, Paige, and Linda Lewis.

Last edited:
I just found this letter to the editor with a plea from JF, Dave's exwife and mother of his three kids.

Hoping for the truth​

I truly appreciate my community's respect for the life of the recently slain cougar. Every time I drive by the "scene of the crime," I wish that the outcome had been better for the cat — maybe "a great escape."

Here's my story: Six months ago, my three sons tragically lost their dad. In case you missed the two or three articles in our local paper, he was murdered! Then their home was torched to ashes on the summit of Dead Indian, destroying all the treasures and memories of their young lives. Dave Lewis was 46 years old. I love my community because we don't turn our heads from caring either for cougars or the life of a young father.

Does anyone know the murderer(s)? Has anyone heard anything? I am asking my community for prayer, positive thoughts and real help for the truth to prevail. — Josee Fournier,

There are roads that can be traversed by motorcycle, motorbike, hiking & camping, jeeps, etc. Right spot-on the facts.
Just after the cattle-guard on the left hand side, CONDE CREEK "road," yellow tape marked it their sickophant cowardly day.

This is a repost of my favorite post in the whole thread

So who would know about the yellow tape that marked Conde Creek road?

That's very specific information and apparently I'm "right spot-on the facts"

Only someone who actually placed the yellow flagging, saw it personally or was told that the road was marked by someone who placed the tape or saw it themselves.

So why was Conde creek road marked?

So you wouldn't inadvertently miss the turnoff of course!

Who placed the flagging?

What does sickophant even mean? Is that even a word?
Does it just mean sicko?

Someone was clearly a thinker to plan all this.

I'm also thinking they were a night person and accustomed to being awake and active into the wee hours.

Whoever it was, they are or were strong and physically capable of overpowering or at least disabling Dave. (They also could have snuck in while he was snoozing)

They also had the means to kill him and set his home on fire, flee into the night and still set another more obvious fire 6 miles away before disappearing... somewhere.

A night owl?

Menopausal perhaps? Lol
(I say that because my own sleep schedules are so different than they used to be)

Someone used to operating without the benefit of sunlight?

Who's wandering the forests at the summit of Dead Indian Memorial Road on a moonless late summer night in the Siskiyou mountains (edited to correct elevation at summit 5236') 13 miles or more from any town?

Let alone murdering men and burning down houses?

I mean who does that?

✌️

Last edited:
Maybe the JCSO put the yellow crime-tape up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart
Back