OR OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So here's a question. Some people in remote locations may have their own stash of gasoline on the property, meaning if someone knew that Dave kept gasoline around they could plan the crime without needing haul gasoline in. Is it likely he kept some gasoline there for tractors, mowers, etc.?
Dave had chainsaws, welding equipment, dirt bikes, motorcycles, ATV's, two trucks and a jeep. He definitely had accelerants of some kind on the property.

I have always wondered, especially because there's little if any cell service even now, who called in the fire at 18196 between 2:35-3:00 am on 9/4/2008?
I mean how many people are out at 2:30-3:00 on a remote mountain highway in late summer 18 miles from town?

Did they call from a landline or a cell phone?

I’ve always thought it was a local resident who could see the fire from home and likely used a landline to report it.
No link. JMO
IIRC, this is how the fire at 12801 was reported, it could be seen from Ashland and was called into fire district 5. I've never heard one way or the other about the fire at 18196 but that makes sense.

So IMO-- Someone that was traveling could have a gas can with them, that would also explain their presence at the Pilot truck stop in Central Point.

From Central Point there are ways you can get to Soda creek, Conde creek and Dead Indian Memorial Road without going through any towns, like Medford or Ashland.

That could be handy, especially in the wee hours of the morning and if you're already familiar with the back roads of Jackson county.

From a campsite on Soda creek you would have direct access to Conde Creek road and come out onto Dead Indian Memorial Road a very short distance from Dave's place.

Let's say Dave was out for the day, doing Dave things, might someone, especially someone not keen on being seen, but was familiar with Dave's routine, decide to hang out over at Lily Glen and/or the Keno access road vacation cabin (maybe they were familiar with the former owners) until Dave was bound to come by on his way to an evening of fishing, dinner or some beers at Hyatt or Howard Prairie?

Might that someone decide to watch and wait? Lie in wait having marked Conde creek road with yellow tape earlier in the day so that they wouldn't miss their turn off on their way back to camp?

Might that someone, if they had that intention, then follow him home?

In my mind, it's possible
All--MOO--
Edited for grammar

Someone at David's memorial 9/14/2008 stated when asked where they were staying (they were from another state that borders the Pacific, an approximate 7 day road trip or a plane flight from Southern Oregon) that they were camping up on Soda Creek Road with their son. At the time, I wasn't familiar with the area and asked if they meant Soda Mountain.

I had of course forgotten about this bit of conversation until almost 15 years later when I joined WS in late January 2023 and one of the first responses to one of my posts, Sleuth2010 mentioned Conde Creek Road being marked with yellow flagging on the day (night) of David's murder!!! (9/3/2008-9/4/2008)

Since then I've discovered the area around Soda Springs near Camp Latgawa has a big covered shelter, firepits and a wash basin (!).

A wash basin would certainly be handy if one had been involved in murder and arson, eh?

Soda Mountain is more to the south, and Soda Springs are more to the north of the site of David's cabin and the site of his memorial (9/14/2008) at 12801 DIMR, which is located about 13 miles east of Ashland Oregon at the summit of Dead Indian Memorial Road.

Soda Springs

On December 29, 2000, the Dead Indian Soda Springs Shelter was added to the National Register of Historic Places.[2] The small shelter, located next to Little Butte Creek, contains four ovens, four picnic tables, and an old wash basin.

I still need to get up there and poke around.

✌️

I’ve always thought it was a local resident who could see the fire from home and likely used a landline to report it.
No link. JMO

I reread some old articles and it says it was called in by a passerby. Again, there's no cell service up there even now in 2023. Who called in the fire at 18196 DIMR???

Garren Beller who and Dave Lewis who ?
Something is up in So. Oregon that two men
have been *murdered and missing* and no one
knows....what's up with law enforcments silence? <modsnip>

Dave was NEVER missing and we have no idea if Garren was murdered as he has never been seen or heard from again so there's no way to know what his fate was since he failed to return from a trip to the midwest and was reported missing (by a roommate I think)

David's body was found in the immediate aftermath of a major fire at his cabin where he had lived for more than 20 years.

I'm not sure what is being inferred here (a conspiracy perhaps??) as Garren disappeared hundreds if not thousands of miles from Oregon.

Dave was NEVER missing and we have no idea if Garren was murdered as he has never been seen or heard from again so there's no way to know what his fate was since he failed to return from a trip to the midwest and was reported missing (by a roommate I think)

David's body was found in the immediate aftermath of a major fire at his cabin where he had lived for more than 20 years.

I'm not sure what is being inferred here (a conspiracy perhaps??) as Garren disappeared hundreds if not thousands of miles from Oregon.

I searched this thread for Garren Beller to see why this was even being brought up. Apparently it was this post from back in 2012 since the very next post thanked someone for info on Garren Beller. (I'm guessing Sleuth2010. Hard to know because the person didn't Quote a particular post, but it was the next one after Sleuth's post):

Either way, clicking on the link I posted above has a page about Garren Beller. From the website link, within the post above:

Beller was reportedly dropped off at a Chicago train station on Nov. 19 <2009> to take an Amtrak train to Portland Ore., but he never used his ticket.

The Lake Eliza home where he had been exploded and burned on Nov. 23. The cause has not been determined and nobody was found to be inside the home at the time of the incident.

So what I'm trying to understand is... why is Beller of interest to whomever created the murderofdavelewis site? Dave died in 2008 and Beller went missing about a year later, AND the home he had been at exploded and burned. What is the owner of that website trying to infer? That they knew each other? That Beller was involved in Dave's murder? Or was it simply because he was a missing person from Ashland, even though I thought that website was just about the murder of Dave Lewis. I guess I'm just confused. lol

Last edited:
I searched this thread for Garren Beller to see why this was even being brought up. Apparently it was this post from back in 2012 since the very next post thanked someone for info on Garren Beller. (I'm guessing Sleuth2010. Hard to know because the person didn't Quote a particular post, but it was the next one after Sleuth's post):

Either way, clicking on the link I posted above has a page about Garren Beller. From the website link, within the post above:

Beller was reportedly dropped off at a Chicago train station on Nov. 19 <2009> to take an Amtrak train to Portland Ore., but he never used his ticket.

The Lake Eliza home where he had been exploded and burned on Nov. 23. The cause has not been determined and nobody was found to be inside the home at the time of the incident.

So what I'm trying to understand is... why is Beller of interest to whomever created the murderofdavelewis site? Dave died in 2008 and Beller went missing about a year later, AND the home he had been at exploded and burned. What is the owner of that website trying to infer? That they knew each other? That Beller was involved in Dave's murder? Or was it simply because he was a missing person from Ashland, even though I thought that website was just about the murder of Dave Lewis. I guess I'm just confused. lol

I have many of the same questions!
Here's Garren's thread.

Post #103 (it's not copying properly for me)
Dreamweaver posted 8/30/2010
"RUMOR:
ot:
And when Garren Beller went missing, some posters on his Facebook missng person page speculated that
there could be a link between Garren's cousins and David Lewis.
Those posters thought the cousins were capable of 'ripping off'
pot crops. These same posters felt that Garren's cousins are responsible for his disappearance.
(this fb page taken down by fb)
There is now a new fb page.
Garren Beller's extended family has lived on Green Spgs Hwy for years and David Lewis lived on Dead Indian Memorial Rd for years.

There has not been any connection noted between David Lewis and Garren Beller, not by Sheriff's office or news media.
There is no evidence of any drug connection between any of the three people listed above."

LOTS of speculation about pot growing connections but I've never seen any evidence to connect the two of them (Dave & Garren) (or Troy Dean Carney!!!), either through pot growing or otherwise.
✌️
Big pot country and big moving pot cartels. Using medical marijuana as the black-market exit. Garren's cousins went and got his dog. Possibly because they knew he wasn't going back. Then his house was destroyed. Same as Dave Lewis.
No such thing as coincidence.
EBM

Last edited:
I found another wayback machine version of one of the murder of Dave Lewis sites, this one themurderofdavelewis.webs.com with the extra .webs.com

I still don't understand some of the more random connections someone was trying to make to Garren, and in later versions of the blogs to the Ashland airport, the Chinese, Cameroon, various local business people and government officials.

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
IMO MOO LMNOP

Dave Lewis' website was started by friends... because of the tragic murders, sex offenders, break-in's, incest, and crime in Jackson County...and the corruption that runs to the bone: the website grew into a JUSTICE 4 ALL communications vessel. Even to the US Marshal Service, and solving a sex-offender on the loose hiding in Florida!!! Dave's horrible death, brought good justice in other ways. Dio De Muertas weekend... one can put flowers at David's memorial roc in the cemetery. Godspeed to Garren Beller, the Iron 44 crew, David Steele and David Grubbs. Troy Dean Carney. Sweet Stephanie Warner. Louie the cabbie, and all those we lost and loved. Now live on... spread the word--- around the world

IMO MOO LMNOP

Dave Lewis' website was started by friends... because of the tragic murders, sex offenders, break-in's, incest, and crime in Jackson County...and the corruption that runs to the bone: the website grew into a JUSTICE 4 ALL communications vessel. Even to the US Marshal Service, and solving a sex-offender on the loose hiding in Florida!!! Dave's horrible death, brought good justice in other ways. Dio De Muertas weekend... one can put flowers at David's memorial roc in the cemetery. Godspeed to Garren Beller, the Iron 44 crew, David Steele and David Grubbs. Troy Dean Carney. Sweet Stephanie Warner. Louie the cabbie, and all those we lost and loved. Now live on... spread the word--- around the world

What do sex offenders, incest, break-ins and corruption in Jackson county have to do with Dave?

I'm genuinely asking.

David on Easter 2008
Talent Oregon

This is the photo that's been used by the JCSO, has been used in the media since his passing in 2008, is used on the whokilleddavelewis blogs and is on his marker at the cemetery on Normal street in Ashland. It gives me great peace to know that this image will always represent him.

NOTE: All the buildings in this picture burned in the 2020 Almeda fire

Dave Lewis Justice4 exposes the corruption in Jackson County. And many other places.
Missing, Murdered, Sexually Abused and Sexually Assaulted. Seeking justice against crime.
All things David: " Said It the Way It Was, It Was the Way He Said"

The website grew into a JUSTICE 4 ALL communications vessel. Not just about Dave, but ALL JUSTICE SEEKERS, thanking law enforcement, best Detective ever, "Go Go Go, don't Stop, Go "
MOO

Details about the causes of the fires and the identity of the dead man will take time to confirm, he said.
However, friends and family suspect the victim is David Edwin Lewis, a 46-year-old father of three who lived alone at one of the hilltop cabins lost in the fires. The other was a summer home only occupied on weekends, neighbors and authorities said.
A driver on Dead Indian Memorial Road spotted and reported the first fire near the intersection with Keno Access Road just before 3 a.m., said Gene Davies, chief of the all-volunteer Greensprings Fire and Rescue. A crew of six volunteers found the small, rustic cabin at 18196 Dead Indian Memorial Road engulfed in flames, he said. Oregon Department of Forestry firefighters joined the fight against the flames. Crews used three water tanker trucks and a portable water pond to douse the flames, but the weekend retreat burned to the ground.
At about 4 a.m., 9-1-1 calls from the Ashland Mine Road area reported seeing flames on the hillside across the valley, Jackson County Fire District No. 5 Chief Dan Marshall said. As district trucks headed up from the valley below, crews from the earlier fire roughly five miles down the road spotted the flames shooting into the sky and were the first to arrive at the burning cabin, he said.
"The fire had burned undetected for a long time," Marshall said. "It was on the ground when crews arrived."
Only a concrete chimney protruded from the rubble of the rustic wood home with a loft as investigators worked Thursday morning.
After quelling the flames, which licked to the tops of neighboring trees but didn't spread into the forest, firefighters discovered the body and contacted the sheriff's department, Marshall said.
Winters said the two fires in the rural neighborhood had already garnered his department's attention as suspicious.
He was the neighbor who would deliver firewood, plow snow from driveways or haul in groceries for anyone who needed help in the winter, said his son, Casey Lewis, 19.
"He did it for everyone he knew," agreed his girlfriend, Mimi Warnecke.
Warnecke lives on the same mountain road, several miles from the cabin Lewis rented. The first half-dozen years she lived there, she knew him only as "the guy in the Jeep" who offered a friendly wave when he went by. One August day two years ago, she was running on area trails and discovered mounds of trash, some bagged and some scattered, left behind after a rave at a remote gravel pit.
She mentioned the trash in passing as she chatted with Lewis on her way home, but didn't give it much more thought. Later in the day, when she returned to the gravel pit and found it spotless, she knew it had to be Lewis' work and stopped by his cabin.
"That was how I met him and why I fell in love with him," she said. "That was the respect he had for the land and for everything.
"He was the kindest and most loving man I have ever known," she said.
Fournier said Lewis passed his abiding love for the land and all wildlife, care for his fellow humans and attention to detail to their sons.
"He taught his boys the simple pleasures," she said.
Casey Lewis fondly recalls fishing trips, weekend dirt-bike excursions, bow hunting, playing basketball and watching sports with his dad and his two brothers, Beau, 21, and Skyler, 12.
"I've been fishing since I was a toddler," Casey Lewis said, recounting how a fat trout in Howard Prairie Lake nearly pulled his tiny self into the water until his dad rushed in to grab boy and pole.
"He was so proud of his sons," Fournier said.
Casey Lewis, who hopes to be a helicopter pilot, had gone to Alaska this month to work on a helicopter ground crew. Skyler celebrated his 12th birthday Tuesday and was starting middle school. Beau works in construction.
"They will be his legacy," Warnecke said.
Gosh I miss him.

ALL IMO IMOO MOO

I believe David knew the person that came to his house that night.

I believe the person traveled from the north to confront Dave about his unwillingness to share his part of his parents inheritance. [whether or not they ultimately received the money]

He told me that he was not on good terms with this person, that they had ongoing issues with money and that he "expected them to just show up" they also, from what Dave said to me, were asking for part of, or control of a disabled family member's inheritance as well as guardianship of that same family member.
There was also discussion about his parents Wilmington DE property which had not been sold and divided up at the time of his passing.

I believe that this person was familiar with his routine, was familiar with the former owners of the 18196 property and knew what accelerants and other things that would be on the property.

I also believe that the murderer was familiar with the backroads of the Dead Indian Memorial Road area (and Jackson County in general) including the back roads to Little Butte Creek (Conde Creek, BLM roads, Soda Creek Road) and over to Hwy 140 from DIMR.

I believe the murder of Troy Dean Carney late night-early morning of 9/1-9/2/2008 on the Bear Creek Greenway is the same person that committed the two arsons on DIMR and caused David's death on the night of 9/3-9/4/2008.

I believe the murderer marked Conde Creek Road with yellow flagging (per a 2023 Sleuth2010 post) either on 9/2/2008 or 9/3/2008.

I believe this person attended the memorial at the summit at noon for Dave after setting fire to Troy Dean Carney's camp on the Bear creek Greenway in Central Point Oregon in the very early morning hours of 9/14/2008.

I believe this individual was camping up Soda creek road, possibly with a child, at the historic Soda Springs shelter near Camp Latgawa on Little Butte Creek which has a wash basin, and four ovens in a large open air shelter.

I'm always hopeful someone will come forward and help with the investigation. It could still happen. Someone knows what happened. Maybe their conscience will get the best of them one day.

If you know ANYTHING, no matter how small, seemingly stupid or insignificant, or if you've heard something, ANYTHING, please consider contacting local law enforcement.
Any police department can take your report.
Jackson County Sheriff's Office (Oregon)
If you have any information about any of the cases listed, we strongly encourage you to contact the Jackson County Cold Case Team at (541) 774-6800.

If you wish to remain anonymous, you can call the JCSO Tip Line at (541) 774-8333.

All for now,
✌️
EBM for clarity

Attachments

• 1699139222107.png
    1699139222107.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
informative article that got me up to date on dave and troy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online