OR - David Durham sought in shooting of Lincoln City PD officer, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://registerguard.com/csp/cms/si...urham-lincoln-neighborhood-shooting-dodds.csp

Waldport neighborhood searched again for clues in shooting case

"As Lincoln City police officer Steven Dodds regains his strength in a Portland hospital, his colleagues continue to search for the man suspected of shooting him three weeks ago during a traffic stop.

Authorities in Lincoln County said they returned this week to the Bayshore neighborhood in Waldport to look for clues that might lead them to the suspect, 43-year-old Portland resident David Durham...."

more at link

How is this for exciting news?

http://registerguard.com/csp/cms/si...-55/dodds-lincoln-officer-recovery-durham.csp

Lincoln City officer released from hospital

"A Lincoln City police officer who was shot after stopping a vehicle on Highway 101 last month has been discharged from a Portland hospital where he had been receiving treatment, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center officials said today.

Officer Steven Dodds is continuing his recovery at an undisclosed location, officials said. A search for the man suspected of shooting Dodds on Jan. 23 is continuing..."

more at link

I'm sure his family is thrilled. Wonderful news.

I've waited anxiously to be able to post this--Officer Dodds is going home!!

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...icer_steven_dodds_after_january_shooting.html

Lincoln City welcomes home Officer Steven Dodds after January shooting

"...Dodds said he underwent several surgeries and weeks of physical therapy, and will work at home now to gain strength so he is physically capable of doing his job. He credited his good physical condition -- 175 pounds and 10 percent body fat -- with helping save his life, and said if he hadn't been so healthy he wouldn't have been able to move as fast as he did that night.

Asked whether this will change the way he does his job, Dodds said his training teaches him to look at all situations the same way, but to be aware of the nuances of each. "The one thing that gets me is when a reporter says a routine traffic stop," said Dodds. "There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop. Each traffic stop is different...."

and

"...I am going to go home for the first time in three months," Dodds said, his voice breaking...."

more at link

Just a reminder--the man who shot Officer Dodds, David Durham, is still at large.

So, where IS David Durham??

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2012/01/a_year_after_officer_steven_do.html

A year after Officer Steven Dodds was shot in Lincoln City, a mystery still lingers
December 22, 2012

"In the dark early hours of Jan. 24, 2011, Newport Police Officer Kraig Mitchell stood in the middle of the Alsea Bay Bridge poised to stop cars from crossing. Then suddenly, the quiet of the night was shattered by a barrage of gunshots. Mitchell couldn't see anything, but he could imagine plenty. "I thought he might be doing a home invasion, killing a family," said Mitchell. "At that point, I know this guy is crazy."

Friends had noticed in recent weeks that something wasn't right about David Durham, a former volunteer with the Sauvie Island Fire Department, and avid camper and hiker. Durham, 43, was on medication for a shoulder ailment and some believed the drugs were messing with his mind. "His demeanor, attitude and sense of what reality was, that had changed," said brother Michael Durham. "He clearly thought the military and police were out to get him."

But Lincoln City police officer Steven Dodds couldn't have known that late on the night of Jan. 23, when he pulled over a man believed to have been Durham for speeding. Moments later, Dodds lay bleeding by the highway, and the shooter was racing south, triggering one of the biggest Oregon manhunts in years and sparking a mystery that may never be solved.

What became of David Durham....?"

More at link

THE FBI INCREASES REWARD TO $50,000 FOR WANTED FUGITIVE, DAVID DURHAM:​

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members