OR OR - David Grubbs, 23, Ashland, 19 Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Salem,

I know there have been MSM links to JT earlier up in this thread - but NOT specific to this case. (that I can find)

The references to him seems to be from local sentiment that he potentially could be a person worth looking at based on his escalating behavior and prior arrests.

I also just made mention of him in my last post as I heard a call on the APD scanner last night during the town hall forum regarding him and I suggested that people were simply terrified.

If this is not appropriate, I apologize. Please feel free to edit/remove or let me know and I will.

I'm not going to remove any of the previous discussion, but let's go light on JT until LE/MSM give us reason to bring him up please.

AND thank you for the explanation :)

Salem

I saw on the news just now that they're going after this 'gaming' angle pretty hard. TBH, it seems desperate. The whole point to 'online gaming' is anonymity, and unless David was using screennames or avatars that included personal information, I don't see it being an issue. I guess if they have nothing else to go on then so be it, but the conclusions they drew from their 'study' were reaching and unspecific. Definitely going to cause a bunch of parents to draw even deeper conclusions about the subject when almost no specific information or data was ever provided at all. I pretty much lump this in with about the same amount of potential as the 'Shakespeare gone wrong' angle.

I just want to say I'm thinking of David's family, friends and co-workers. Ashland is a very dear place to me; a place I spend summers and holidays with my family and friends. Thanksgiving this year was filled with discussion about David's murder. Although at this point it doesn't seem like LE has any real leads, I hope there is an arrest and closure for everybody in this unique and fabulous place.

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/grubbs-1202808-gaming-say.html

Investigators are looking into Grubbs' gaming habits in search of a killer. Police say it isn't likely Grubbs had an online enemy who killed him but it is a lead they have to follow.

Police continue to work through tips and right now the strategy is elimination. Eliminate who definitly did not kill David Grubbs in hopes that they will find the person who did.

The above article, as well as the following link, confirm that Steven Symes is, indeed, the expert coming in to help.
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111130/NEWS07/111300351/-1/NEWSMAP

Symes specializes in sharp-force trauma, with an expertise in saw and blade marks on bone, and is also renowned for his work with burned bone trauma.

He is one of fewer than 90 forensic anthropologists nationwide who are certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology.

Footage of the meeting last night in Ashland:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0O19I0-Akk&feature=player_embedded#"]David Grubbs murder forum - YouTube[/ame]!

There was quite a turn out! I am praying for the citizens of our city to the south.

:praying:

Well LE is officially going door-to-door talking to everyone in the area. I'm glad they finally are, hopefully someone behaves strangely.

Thanks for the update Serious -

my biggest fear is that this will fade off in to a cold case, so I'm glad to hear that LE is being aggressive (plus I think your community is demanding it - good)

I have to wonder if LE believes this is a local resident, no? Is that your feeling too?

LE did say at the community meeting that it would appear that is, at least, someone who knows the area since that spot isn't one occasional visitors would be likely to know about. The officer referred to it as "remote", but it's not remote at all. However it isn't on the well-worn visitor path of places in Ashland. It's a place community members know about -- especially if they use the bike path or use the senior center, tennis courts, swimming pool or ball fields of Hunter Park, or if they have kids at Walker Elem. or the middle school. It's right in the middle of a lot of family-oriented facilities -- but not tourist or visitor magnets.

It is my feeling that it is someone who lives here or has lived here or is here regularly.

I have a relative who works at the high school, and she said there was a student who may have seen something. He was in the cemetary (about a block-length down the bike path from the crime scene) texting a friend. You certainly can't see the crime scene from there, but he did say he saw a "weird looking" guy going one way and then abruptly another, he seemed very erratic -- the student said he was feeling pretty wary of the guy, but it was getting quite dark and he was not close enough to really identify the person. He later checked his cell phone and the text he sent to his friend was at 5:24 pm -- which would have been about exactly the right time.

really interesting!! close to firewood cutting area?

"There is a reward fund set up for anyone who can provide information that leads to an arrest in the Grubbs case.

The reward is currently $1,000, but likely will grow as community members make contributions to the pool.

Anyone wanting to contribute to the fund can mail a check to the Medford Police Department, 411 W. Eighth St., with attention to Ruth Cox. Checks can be made payable to "Crime Stoppers of Southern Oregon for Grubbs reward," Cox said."

Crime Stoppers of Southern Oregon established the reward fund on Monday 11/28

They have arrested a suspect

Edit***suspect may be the wrong term***

(12/2/11)* Ashland Police are talking to a sometimes transient, schizophrenic man about the death of David Grubbs. But they're stopping short of calling him a suspect. Police put a warrant out for Michael Mollo, 43 and picked up him in Yreka. Police have Mollo in custody for assaulting a police officer. According to police he was going at them with pruning shears while they tried to detain him a few months ago. Mollo is also wanted for burglary.* Police are also being questioning* Mollo in connection with the death of David Grubbs who was murdered a couple of weeks with a sharp object. *Ashland police found out that Mollo was staying with his long-time girlfriend in Yreka. A three-foot sword was found at the residence but has not been linked to the murder. Mollo has a history of mental illness and disappearing for long periods of time. Police called him a person of interest but have not named Mollo as a suspect.

This is a huge relief and hope it pans out. When This first happened my husband wondered if there was a connection between the murder and the nude guy who in August was threatening police on fifth street with 2' pruning shears. The police tazered him but he managed to get away. He is in jail in Yreka but will be brought to Ashland tomorrow

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back