Found Deceased OR - Dennis Day, 76, former original Disney Mouseketeer, Phoenix, Jackson Co, 15 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I'm looking at the handyman too. But it is all so sloppy. How bad is his partner's dementia? When was he hospitalized?

Partners dementia is more on the short term memory loss .
Handyman’s name is Daniel James Burda in his 30’s

A friend of mine is very close to Dennis and Ernie and asked for my assistance. I am out of state and even more I’m out of my jurisdiction.

Partners dementia is more on the short term memory loss .
Handyman’s name is Daniel James Burda in his 30’s

A friend of mine is very close to Dennis and Ernie and asked for my assistance. I am out of state and even more I’m out of my jurisdiction.
The handyman has a very sketchy background. I’ll post a timeline of reports from family here shortly.

The handyman has a very sketchy background. I’ll post a timeline of reports from family here shortly.
Before posting too much, please apply for verified insider status on this case. wS has pretty strict rules on what can and can’t be said, and having that VI status frees you to say much more.

Hi, I found this thread looking for another one. It peaked my interest because I am originally from Oregon. I think one of the things that stands out to me as well is that he was last seen walking away (if this is even true) but his car was found at the coast. Where was his car parked? No one saw or heard his car leave? The dots aren't connecting IMO. He walked away? Why didn't he drive away? Perplexing to say the least.

Last July, the 76-year-old, Dennis Day, vanished. Day was last seen on his driveway saying he was going to visit friends, but that’s the last anyone ever saw of him.

The former actor and Mouseketeer was living with his partner of over forty years.

They had with a third roommate whose name appears in a letter supposedly written by Day, later found at a neighbor’s home after he disappeared. “…that basically said that the roommate had assaulted him on an occasion,” said police. However, police say there’s no evidence to support that.

Day’s car also went missing eventually found by police along the coast with two people inside who were unfamiliar to Day and his partner. And again, police say it didn’t lead anywhere.

With no new leads or tips, police say it’s possible Day left voluntarily.

'Perplexing' disappearance of former Mouseketeer - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

dennis_cropped_b91991e1ce8fb7c5d6fe66554523e9ed.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

dennis_and_husband_ernie_at_wedding_2008_245dda6b714bf360f7254a6b8d7704ed.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Dennis Day, left, and his husband, Ernie Caswell.
___

In early January of 2019, one of Dennis’s family members, who lives in Oregon, turned on his local NBC channel and saw a report that would shock the family: Dennis was missing -- and hadn’t been heard from in six months.

When his sister called the police, she learned Dennis’s husband Ernie had been the one to report Dennis, now 76, missing in late July of 2018. “Ernie was in the hospital at that time, and he realized Dennis hadn’t come to visit him in a few weeks,” Nelda told Dateline. “So he had someone from the hospital call the police and report Dennis as missing.”

Police said they hadn’t contacted Dennis’s family because they didn’t have any record of family other than Dennis’s husband, Ernie. Ernie, in the hospital with dementia, wasn’t able to provide contact information for Dennis’s family, who live in California.

“Dennis had a car, but the car was left behind. He left his dog and his cat behind, too – he loved them dearly, just like children.”

Though Dennis and Ernie’s roommate told police Dennis had left on foot, Dennis’s car was found along the Oregon coast shortly after his disappearance. Inside the car were two people Dennis did not know. It’s unclear how they gained access to Dennis’s car.

None of Dennis’s accounts or credit cards have been used since he disappeared. Dennis did not use social media and had a pre-paid cell phone.

Dennis’s husband Ernie has since been released from the hospital and is in an assisted living facility.

dennis_and_nelda_cropped_a4853aa6a11baf6e3e1e970757ae39de.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Dennis Day, left, and his sister, Nelda Adkins.

Family searching for original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Dennis Day, missing from Oregon since July 2018

How sad- I hope Dennis is found soon. Where could he possibly be? How can the police not find his roommate suspicious, after that letter Dennis left with his neighbor?

Poor Ernie- what a sad situation going on here. He was in the hospital when the love of his life went missing, and he had to rely on someone from the hospital to make a missing report for Dennis. Thank goodness he had enough clarity to do that much- especially since his family didn't know anything about Dennis' disappearance until it was broadcasted on the news! It makes you wonder how long Dennis would have been missing, if Ernie hadn't had enough clarity to report him missing. I feel bad for Ernie now, in assisted living.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back