Found Deceased OR - Dennis Day, 76, former original Disney Mouseketeer, Phoenix, Jackson Co, 15 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks @JerseyGirl. From that article: “At this point, [the case] is still open and obviously I haven’t found Dennis,” said Price. “As far as any leads, I’ve interviewed three people... the two that were in the car and the guy that is staying in the house. Although the female that was in the car, I’d like to interview in person. I’ve only been able to talk to her on the phone… I need evidence to go a certain way, although I do have people on my radar.”
RSBBM
This is the transient female who was given or loaned Dennis' car after he went missing. Hell yeah I want Price to get that interview too!!

The handyman has a very sketchy background. I’ll post a timeline of reports from family here shortly.
Hey K9, backtracking through this thread, I sure hope you'll be posting more. Dennis reportedly left beloved pets & car at home to "see friends". It makes sense these friends were w/in walking distance or he took a ride w/ these friends. Is it known if the friends exist?
Also, it's been MSM reported the husband and roommate both have mental health issues (leaving their account of events in question) but Dennis did not, does this match what fam is saying?
(spelling edits)

Last edited:
Investigators surround missing Mouseketeer's home
Several police vehicles including a box truck marked Oregon State Police Forensics were spotted Friday at the Phoenix home of 76-year-old Dennis W. Day, a longtime Southern Oregonian missing since July, who is best known for his childhood acting gig in 1956-57 seasons of Disney’s Mickey Mouse Club TV show.

I hope they find out where he is, though at this point it doesn't look good. The article says police also searched around his home yesterday. Using drones, and dogs, etc.

Oh, dear, they've set up a crime scene tent.

Forensics team at the Phoenix home of 'missing Mouseketeer'

On Friday, a forensic team and troopers from Oregon State Police (OSP) were seen around a home at 510 North Pine Street in Phoenix, erecting a crime scene tent. What they may have found there remains unknown at this time, with OSP declining comment until a statement could be released. Phoenix Police deferred to OSP.

Any forensics on his finances after his disappearance?
Older citizens are prime targets for neglect, abuse, and criminal activity. I *speculate* the answers being sought are close to home....and what about those people in his car?!?!?! For heaven's sake!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Any forensics on his finances after his disappearance?
Older citizens are prime targets for neglect, abuse, and criminal activity. I *speculate* the answers being sought are close to home....and what about those people in his car?!?!?! For heaven's sake!

Nothing reported about that in the news media so far. I don't think local LE did much investigating at all until just recently. I hope they check, though - bank accounts, credit cards, etc.

Nothing reported about that in the news media so far. I don't think local LE did much investigating at all until just recently. I hope they check, though - bank accounts, credit cards, etc.
Finances should tell the story, help with the trail. I want to know more about these people in his car!!!

I'm very confused. He has been missing 3+ months and no one checked inside his home? Am I missing something?

EDIT: There's an article that say LE did in fact search the home before already! What is going on here?!?!

Last edited:
Very sad news. This article confirms the home and area had been searched before.

Body found at home of missing original Disney Mouseketeer Dennis Day

This Dateline article from a while back has more details about when he went missing, investigation, etc:

Family searching for original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Dennis Day, missing from Oregon since July 2018

Dennis's husband Ernie is out of the hospital now and living in a residential care facility, since he's suffering from dementia. It also says none of Dennis's accounts or credit cards have been used since he went missing. I'm still suspicious of the "roommate" who told police that Dennis left the house on foot to take a walk. Obviously, that's not true.

Corpse found at Oregon home of missing Disney Mouseketeer

The only information about his finances that was reported, was that his ATM card had not been used since his disappearance.

The only information about his finances that was reported, was that his ATM card had not been used since his disappearance.

Family searching for original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Dennis Day, missing from Oregon since July 2018

Dennis’s sister Nelda said none of Dennis’s accounts or credit cards have been used since he disappeared. Dennis did not use social media and had a pre-paid cell phone, she added, so both family and investigators have been unable to track him by any means.

The roommate's story still doesn't add up, though. He must have been the one who gave away Dennis's car. He also must have given false info to neighbors and police when he said Dennis walked away from home.

dennis_and_nelda_cropped_a4853aa6a11baf6e3e1e970757ae39de.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Could this have been a hoarding situation? Buried in the hoard?

From news reports, LE had searched the home after he was reported missing last summer/fall. You would think they would have noticed the odor of decomp on the premises. There was also a "roommate" living there at the time who said Dennis just walked away. You'd think the roommate would have noticed the smell as well. JMO, he was killed or somehow died and his body buried or otherwise stored somewhere on the premises - basement, garage, storage shed, flower bed or garden plot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers
Back