Identified! OR - Eugene, Lane Comm College, 'Hampton Doe', UncFem 20-60, UP14746, clothes w/bead work, Oct'05 - Tanice "Tana" Laatch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember hearing about this on the news! I'm local. Wow.

To give perspective as to where she was found--"north of the dead end of Scharen Road in Goshen" per post #32--at the bottom of the map on this link is Scharen Road. At the top of the map is LCC. There really isn't much out there. (Don't remember if the area was denser with vegetation at the time.)

Google Maps near Lane Community College

tcg

NamUs UP Case 14746

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14746

Unidentified Unsure female
* Found October 30, 2005 in Lane County, Oregon
* Estimated Year of Death: 2004 to 2005

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: Adult
* Approximate Height: 67
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair color black,
Small amount of black hair found.
* Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry:
XL maroon "Pacific Trail" brand jacket with flannel liner; black sweatshirt with custom embroidered bead work; maroon long sleeve shirt with bead work; black or purple 6"x5' cloth scarf; white silk shirt and white pull over; light-colored velour pants; Black "ECCO" brand walking shoes, size 8-8.5.

* DNA:
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
The body of a fully clothed female individual was found on a wooded hill area behind the Lane Community College Campus. Please see clothing description for unique clothing items.

I wonder if they showed the sketch of this woman in college which is attended by many people including teachers and students; if it was done probably is not the area otherwise would have recognized.

I like that the 2016 recon has her with a slight smile and smile-lines at her eyes. She looks like a nice lady, what a pity she is still Unidentified
upload_2020-1-12_16-53-16.jpeg

The handmade ("custom") beadwork makes me think she might have been indigenous/Native American, which would be consistent with the reconstruction. I wonder if there are any missing indigenous women in the area, or failing that further north in Washington State or even British Columbia.

http://www.lanecc.edu/torch/issues/Spring2006/June0806/Torch_6_8.pdf
This is from a year ago, saying she still hadn't been identified, but that they think it is a suicide, and there was a note.

I guess there's a possibility her family knew of her intentions and therefore she wasn't reported missing?

NamUs #UP14746Female, Uncertain
Date Body FoundOctober 30, 2005
Location Found Eugene, Oregon
Estimated Age Range20-60 Years
Location Eugene, Oregon
County Lane County
Circumstances of Recovery The body of a fully clothed female individual was found on a wooded hill area behind the Lane Community College Campus. Please see clothing description for unique clothing items.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Small amount of black hair found

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
XL maroon "Pacific Trail" brand jacket with flannel liner; black sweatshirt with custom embroidered bead work; maroon long sleeve shirt with bead work; black or purple 6"x5' cloth scarf; white silk shirt and white pull over; light-colored velour pants
On the Body

Footwear
Black "ECCO" brand walking shoes, size 8-8.5
On the Body

Bump

No new exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP888Christine Nelson
Date of Last ContactAugust 24, 1986
StateOR
CountyLane

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP875Wendy Dehoop
Date of Last ContactApril 22, 2005
StateOR
CountyLane

She visually reminds me of Sarah Skunk MP26223, missing out of Seattle but originally from Canada. I am unsure of when she went missing as there are wildly variable dates for her disappearance. I've seen 1986, 1990, 1995, and 2000 (Namus)

1677109115727.png

Deling Sun MP22287 could also be a possibility, missing out of Glendora, CA in July of 2003. Her car was found at the L.A airport a few months after she vanished, however it is thought that she was abducted

1677109372316.png

She has been identified as Tanice "Tana" Laatch. Unfortunately, I can't find any more information about her.

She has been identified as Tanice "Tana" Laatch. Unfortunately, I can't find any more information about her.
So glad we have answers, may Tana RIP.

I wish we had a photo of her, some info about her in life.

According to forebears.io, there are only 12 people in the US with the last name Laatch. Not sure about the accuracy of that website, however.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back