Identified! OR - Eugene, Lane Comm College, 'Hampton Doe', UncFem 20-60, UP14746, clothes w/bead work, Oct'05 - Tanice "Tana" Laatch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The suicide note was unsigned, according to a PP on this thread and then in the Torch, it says the note was signed. I'm leaning towards the unsigned being correct - otherwise they would release a name.

I think the hand beaded sweater and eccos do show a hippie type of person, but a person of some means.

Or this one: http://nampn.org/cases/wong_tina_t.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: October 22, 2005 from SE Vancouver, British Columbia
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Asian
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder Length Black Hair
wong_tina_t.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/hamilton_kristine.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 7, 2005 from Moreno Valley, California
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: April 6, 1987
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoos: Two teal stars on
left shoulder and "KNH" on right shoulder. May have dyed hair. Case Number: MV5192293

Details of Disappearance
Kristine was last seen on July 7, 2005 in Moreno Valley, CA. She took nothing with her, and there were no signs of foul play. According to her family, Kristine was very reliable and would normally call her parents to let them know where she was. They haven't heard from her.

If the investigators would focus on the shoes, they could determine when they were manufactured. Ecco shoes are not cheap. They fall into the better priced goods category. Though they are mass produced, the company would surely have records as to when that particular style could have been found in stores. Of course, she could have purchased them second hand too. Somebody, somewhere is missing that young woman. I'm surprised that she hasn't been placed yet. So sad.

I found similar shoes and the most expensive was $120.00 which I don't find to be that expensive. I have yet to find a pacific trail brand maroon parka or jacket. I have looked for awhile and found other colors, but not red or maroon. They were under $100.00. I found it difficult to even find the pacific trail brand at all. The parkas I did find weren't that expensive either.

They don't point toward a woman with means to me at all, except maybe the dental work which she could have gotten at a reduced rate somewhere or had insurance to help. Her clothing doesn't seem all that odd either. Without seeing them, of course, sounds to me like casual wear and as for the sweater...they were very fashionable with wood beads and the hand embroidery about three or four years ago. The sweater would probably be pricier than the rest of her clothing, but not extravagantly so. Lavender hasn't been a popular color for shirts for awhile tho.

I wish they would photograph the clothing and put that out in the media. It would help.

This is the second case I remember reading about that had this almost identical clothing description. I wish I could remember if it was a missing person or another UnID's body. I think it was another UnID'd body.

It might not hurt to search forums for the parka color and brand which I believe were the same as in this case. Seems like I remember the beadwork being mentioend too. . . . . and theis was all quite some time back, not something in the past month or two.

At first i thought the ecco shoes were ecko brand shoes.. then i researched and saw ecco shoes, they seem pricey. Yet i have seen brand name designer shoes for cheap at Goodwills. I even got a pair of boots at one that were timberlands and it only cost me $4.99. Great condition, too. She may have hit up a lot of thrift shops, as there are good deals there.

I didn't even think of Goodwill, that could be. I wish they would put out some more info on this case. Maybe release a sketch?

The news links have died but here's one that works with the addy:
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Mystery+woman's+body+tells+no+tales.-a0139052441
A hunter found the decomposed body Oct. 31 north of the dead end of Scharen Road in Goshen. He led detectives to the corpse the next day.

The woman had been dead for at least a month, and she did not appear to have been transient, Smith said. Detectives found no gear or food near the body.

She was wearing a maroon Pacific Trail brand extra-large parka, a black sweater with hand-embroidered beadwork , a lavender shirt with beadwork, nondescript pants and medium-sized black-laced Ecco shoes. She had extensive dental work and dark hair at least 6 inches long.

Detectives found small articles of clothing sealed in plastic bags near the body.

The clothes sealed in plastic bags sound like something you take with you on a hike but not so much like something you're going to need if you're going to commit suicide.

I didn't find her in DN or Namus.

I called the detective in this case and this doe is still an UID. He said she'll be added to NamUS soon. He gave me the number of another LE who is working the case. I've just been busy dealing with personal stuff and haven't had the time to call but I will and see if we can get more information.

I had some free time this afternoon, so I did a little research. There is very little to go on, but I have a few suggestions for when they do release more detailed info:
Sonia Nicholson
Olga Ponomareva

Thank you CherBear! :bow: I'm so glad you are volunteering to help. This seems like a case that we can figure out, given that there was evidence left with the remains.

I was able to connect with a wonderful volunteer at the Lane County Sheriff's dept today. :heart:

This doe is known as "Hampton Doe".

Kimberly Forbes (Hood River) was submitted and has been ruled out.

Would be great if they would release the contents of the suicide note indicated in the link. Surely something might be gleaned by its release.:waitasec:

I'll be in contact with the dept. again and will ask.

BTW, the people working these cases are often volunteers. I've noticed that NamUS has a volunteer program as well.

We are all part of a huge network of caring people - wanting to devote our time to finding the missing and send them home. :grouphug:

Keep searching, everyone! :rocker:

No. They have her ready to submit but it hasn't yet been done, per LCSO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back