GUILTY OR - Heather Mallory, 32, Portland, 8 March 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read thru a whole case every Saturday night and tonight I read this one...had not seen it before. I cringe when i read "she left after an argument" which we have heard so many times and to be honest I have never in my life met or known a woman who left her own home after an argument; maybe locked herself in bedroom or bathroom, but voluntarily left the home, no. It is a dead giveaway, pardon the pun.

And running off to Idaho with the child...Josh Powell, anyone?

I think the obviously found evidence of murder in the vehicle and that is why they are so tigvht-lipped about it...
Plenty of cases without a body have been tried and won on less than this one...

The husband of a Portland woman who disappeared in 2008 was arrested in Idaho after her body was found in the woods near Estacada Wednesday.

Portland Police detectives have been investigating the case of Heather Mallory, since March 8, 2008 when she was last seen alive.

~snip~

Portland investigators said remains were found Wednesday on Bureau of Land Management property off Highway 224 after they were contacted by the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Husband-arrested-for-Heather-Mallorys-murder-97686674.html

The husband of a Portland woman who disappeared in 2008 was arrested in Idaho after her body was found in the woods near Estacada Wednesday.

Portland Police detectives have been investigating the case of Heather Mallory, since March 8, 2008 when she was last seen alive.

~snip~

Portland investigators said remains were found Wednesday on Bureau of Land Management property off Highway 224 after they were contacted by the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Husband-arrested-for-Heather-Mallorys-murder-97686674.html

Thanks Chico, She was such a pretty girl. So sad. I am thankful she has been found.

Reactions: d4j
Wow! That was some fast work in identifying her remains.

BBM

Interesting about the tip. I wonder if he spilled the beans to someone.

Investigators said her remains were found on Bureau of Land Management property off Highway 224 after a tip from Clackamas County Sheriffs.

Glad she was found.

Is there a map or something showing where she was found and how far away from home? TIA

Reactions: d4j
I don't have the addresses and exact location to make a map. IIRC, it's about an hour from Portland.

Wow! I'm so glad Heather has been found and her killer is behind bars. I had really lost hope they would ever find her.

Man - his looks PIZZED in that mugshot!

Dudes - let this loser be your poster boy: DON'T MURDER YOUR WIVES!

I'm glad to hear Heather has been found; I remember when she went missing. I didn't believe she would just up and leave her baby. I didn't believe the husband, either.

I'm just sorry that she met her end violently. And her poor child.

I am so thankful he has been arrested! This happened in my "hometown" area so it bothered me so much! I always figured he did it. It always seems odd to me when someone moves after a spouse, child, or other family member goes missing or is murdered. This case, Josh Powell, Haleigh's dad/stepmom and so many others. Not that it makes them guilty, just seems odd to me (my own opinion.)

BBM. I thought that was interesting.

An Oregon man who relocated to Sagle after his wife disappeared more than two years ago was arrested Thursday and charged with her murder.Brian Charles Cole’s arrest came two days after the remains of Heather Dawn Mallory Cole’s remains were discovered east of Estacada, Ore. The cause of her death has not been disclosed.

Rod Underhill, chief deputy district attorney for Multnomah County, Ore., said evidence discovered with the remains connected 37-year-old Brian Cole to his wife’s slaying. Underhill declined to elaborate.

More at link:
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/articles/2010/07/03/news/doc4c2eda2f32b49522700446.txt

Items located with Portland woman's remains linked killing to her husband, documents say

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/items_located_with_portland_wo.html

The remains of Heather Dawn Mallory, a Southeast Portland woman who had been missing since 2008, were found in a military-style body bag in a wooded area down an embankment off of U.S. Forest Service Road 4610.

Inside the bag, authorities also found a pair of size 32 men's running-style shorts and items that were missing from the couple's bathroom on the day of her disappearance, including a bent towel rack bar, a rubber bath toy and what appears to be remnants of their bath mat, according to an arrest warrant affidavit unsealed this afternoon.

More at link

The remains of Heather Dawn Mallory, a Southeast Portland woman who had been missing since 2008, were found in a military-style duffel bag in a wooded area down an embankment off of U.S. Forest Service Road 4610.

Inside the bag, authorities also found a pair of size 32 men's running-style shorts and items that were missing from her and her husband's bathroom on the day of her disappearance, including a bent towel rack bar, a rubber bath toy and what appears to be remnants of their bathmat, according to an arrest warrant affidavit unsealed Wednesday.

That discovery helped investigators link Mallory's husband, Brian Charles Cole, 37, to her death.<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/items_located_with_portland_wo.html

I'm not sure if this is a case to profile? I just read about it tonight and it just breaks my heart. :(

Here's a really detailed article about this case. It must have taken the LE operator or whoever answered the 'non emergency number,' all of 30 seconds to know what they had on their hands here. It didn't even take a detective to figure out this guy was NOT very nice. :(

fran

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/portland_judge_denies_bail_for.html

Portland judge denies bail for Brian Cole, husband accused of killing his wife and dumping her in the forest

On March 10, 2008, Brian Cole called the Portland police non-emergency line to report that his wife, Heather Mallory, was missing.

Instead of expressing anxiety or fear for her safety, Cole, 37, told a dispatcher she was cheating on him, and for five minutes complained about his 30-year-old wife's behavior.

.................................................snip............................................
..................................................................................................

Barnett argued that there was no forensic evidence, such as blood or DNA, linking Cole to the death of his wife. The judge said although there wasn't much direct evidence linking him to the death, there was lots of circumstantial evidence and denied bail.

.........................................snip.............................................
...........................................................................................

Holmes Hehn told the judge that Mallory's remains showed signs of a "violent struggle," including broken ribs, fractured vertebrae and facial fractures. A forensic scientist said the fractured vertebrae would have caused Mallory great pain.

Holmes Hehn said in the weeks and months leading up to her disappearance, Cole stalked his wife, cut up her credit cards, controlled her bank accounts, hacked into her e-mail and told a co-worker that if his wife ever left him, he would kill her. Holmes Hehn said Cole isolated Mallory from her friends and kept her from attending functions.

Weinstein testified that Cole gave many inconsistent statements, including that he knew nothing of his wife's disappearance, but he did know that Mallory's car had been abandoned in Portland. Police found the car, but didn't tell him where.

Prosecutor Jenna Plank noted that no one saw Mallory after the night of March 8, when neighbors reported hearing a terrible fight at the couple's home. After reporting her missing a few days later, Cole "did little to nothing to look for" his wife, Plank said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/brian_cole_goes_on_trial_accus.html

Published: Tuesday, June 07, 2011, 6:14 PM Updated: Tuesday, June 07, 2011, 6:18 PM
By Tom Hallman Jr., The Oregonian

Brian Cole goes on trial, accused of killing Heather Mallory and dumping her body near Estacada

But how she got there will form the heart of a two-week murder trial that began Tuesday in Multnomah County Circuit Court.

Mallory's husband, Brian Charles Cole, has been charged with murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381
Back