Found Deceased OR - James 'Jim' Cross, 41, Eugene, 12 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want to hang up flyers. Please let me know what I can do to get some. I'm so very worried about Jim. He is an extraordinary person. He would never just leave his bunny and I don't believe he would hurt himself. I feel so helpless and I want to do everything I can to help.
Dandy darling, this is Melz.

I've been in touch with his room mate. We are supposed to meet up today to put up more flyers.

Hi eagle,

Thank you so much for all that you are doing for Jim. It has been almost three weeks since he was last seen, and with each passing day, I am more and more worried for his safety and wellbeing.

With so little MSM coverage (e.g., the Register-Guard article has been archived; here is a link to an NPR article I have found, though) , I am having a hard time finding information on circumstances surrounding Jim's disappearance, and if you don't mind, I wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Has anyone filed a formal missing person's report with LE, and if so, have they started doing things that a typical MP's investigation would entail, such as trying to ping Jim's phone, or to see whether he took items such as his wallet with him, if there have been any credit or debit card activities, and/or whether he was caught on a security camera?

2. Has his roommate been able to shed any more light on Jim's disappearance, including his mood and/or behavior in the days preceding his going missing?

3. I see that the finals took place between 12/5 and 12/9 at UO. I have read some of Jim's writing, and clearly, he is extremely intelligent and very talented. In the meantime, in the NPR article, his friend, Ms. Brazier, is quoted as saying, "Maybe a little confused, but the depression is really the biggest concern that all of his friends have." I know how completely and utterly debilitating depression can be, having experienced it myself. Could Jim have been struggling academically in recent weeks, not done particularly well on the finals, and if he had access to his final grades (though I see that grades weren't due until 12/13, one day after Jim was last seen, at least in my experience, some professors enter them into the system within hours of the final exam), could he have been particularly depressed?

4. I see that winter term classes start on 1/9 at UO. Was Jim registered for winter term classes?

5. The NPR article also reads, "Brazier says he was dedicated to his studies, and left a pet rabbit behind with his roommate." (BBM) The wording here has led me to wonder if Jim actually asked his roommate to take care of Captain Mayhem before disappearing, which could be a cause for concern (i.e., perhaps Jim did not intend on coming back).

I am so sorry this is so lengthy. Again, thank you so much for all of your effort in finding Jim.

Bumping for Jim ... haven't been able to find anything new. Hope you are staying safe and warm!

I've been thinking about him too :( :( What can have happened...

Hi, I am Jim's cousin. Just wanted to let everyone know that a missing persons report has been filed for a while now. His aunts have been talking with a detective about his case daily. We are doing everything to push this case along so we can find him. I will update this thread when we have any news. Thank you to everyone who cares for my cousin, I see there are a lot of people on here that love him and want him home as much as we do.

Why do you think he might be in or near water? Myself and the rest of Jim's family are very worried about him.. Could you please elaborate?

Hi Elise and welcome! I'm so sorry it's under such unfortunate circumstances though. We're glad you joined us as there are many, many sleuths here (a lot of us just lurk) that care for Jim and want to help find him.

Please feel free to post when you get a chance. The more info we get the better chance we have of helping to locate him.

I've noticed that his Missing Facebook page hasten been updated at all. Besides his aunt talking with LE - are there boots on the ground, per se, still looking for him?

What about cell phone pings? Bank accounts? Any activity?

I've noticed that his Missing Facebook page hasten been updated at all. Besides his aunt talking with LE - are there boots on the ground, per se, still looking for him?

What about cell phone pings? Bank accounts? Any activity?

There are family and friends contacting every hospital in WA and OR. The detective has a subpoena for Jim's accounts to check for any activity. Also, we have asked him about pinging his phone and but have not yet gotten an answer. We were told he has to wait 30 days to ping his phone, which makes no sense to me at all

There are family and friends contacting every hospital in WA and OR. The detective has a subpoena for Jim's accounts to check for any activity. Also, we have asked him about pinging his phone and but have not yet gotten an answer.

So glad to hear that they are working on getting his accounts. Do you know if he has ever disappeared before or is this totally uncharacteristic of him?

My first thought is maybe he just needed a break from life. Between the election and any other stress - but the longer he is gone makes me worry that may not be the case. Knowing if his cell has been used or any bank accounts accessed with help narrow down things, I hope anyway.

I will say a prayer for him.

My name is Beth Cross Sauce and I am jim's Aunt. ..he has been missing now for a month and I would like any information that you could provide

Why do you think he might be in or near water? Myself and the rest of Jim's family are very worried about him.. Could you please elaborate?
I don't know if anyone answered this. I don't think it's that anyone thought he was in water, just wondering what water was around the area, because we frequently unfortunately see deaths involving water. I didn't get the impression anyone here had any actual leads.

Your family must be just devastated. He just seems so likable and by all accounts is a caring and kind person with a lot of people who care about him very much. I hope he is found safely. I'm so sorry your family is going through this.

I hope his family was able to get access into his accounts...there might be leads that aren't seen publicly?

There are family and friends contacting every hospital in WA and OR. The detective has a subpoena for Jim's accounts to check for any activity. Also, we have asked him about pinging his phone and but have not yet gotten an answer. We were told he has to wait 30 days to ping his phone, which makes no sense to me at all

Some cell phone providers won't do it without a warrant unless police believe the individual is in danger. As it stands, do you know if LE thinks Jim is something other than voluntarily missing? Are you comfortable sharing what you think may be the case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back