DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Joshua Applestill, 32, was last seen Feb. 8. His family says he got a ride up East Larch Mountain Road to attend a bonfire. It's unclear where the bonfire was supposedly held along the road. Josh left his ID, wallet, and other personal belongings at his home in Corbett. They can't rule out that he chose to disappear, but they say it's highly unlikely.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says it first received a missing persons report Feb. 17. By the time family members went up the road to search themselves, the area had been covered with a lot of snow.

images

Family searches for Corbett man missing nearly two weeks

Joshua Applestill, 32, was last seen Feb. 8. His family says he got a ride up East Larch Mountain Road to attend a bonfire. It's unclear where the bonfire was supposedly held along the road. Josh left his ID, wallet, and other personal belongings at his home in Corbett. They can't rule out that he chose to disappear, but they say it's highly unlikely.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says it first received a missing persons report Feb. 17. By the time family members went up the road to search themselves, the area had been covered with a lot of snow.

images

Family searches for Corbett man missing nearly two weeks
This is my gf cousin.. Sadly they are now in recovery efforts as of 2/24. Just in case people were still looking.its not really my business but i figured id speak on at least that much

Joshua Robert Applestill
NamUs #MP55889

Original

Missing Age 32 Years
Current Age 32 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 135 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Blue
Date of Last Contact February 9, 2019
NamUs Case Created March 7, 2019
Last Known Location Map
County Multnomah County

Circumstances of Disappearance Joshua was last seen at a party on Larch Mountain Road in Corbett, near the snow gate.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

APR 20 Update - Help Us Find- Josh Applestill
An investigator advised that they were concluding a search and cataloged some "things" such as clothing. Anything that may belong to Josh will be sent for DNA.

MAY 7 Update - Help Us Find- Josh Applestill
SAR searched both Saturday and Sunday. They found a few articles of clothing that cannot be identified as Josh's. They also found Josh's prepaid cellphone and his beanie which were close to an ipod shuffle and headphones. According to the investigator these were relatively close to the bonfire sight. They will be going up to search again.

MAY 28 Update - Help Us Find- Josh Applestill
No news. If anything happens, the family will be notified first.

Operation OR Found Safe

Could not find any new updates
I’m sorry the link didn’t work for me, so here is a direct link to the most recent post about Josh’s case on OOFS’ Facebook page (I hope it works). It’s from August 19th. Unfortunately, I, too, was unable to find any updates.
Operation OR Found Safe

The latest post on “Help Us Find - Josh Applestill” Facebook page is dated one day later, August 20th:
“Tomorrow marks Josh's 33rd birthday. This will be the first his immediately family will not be sharing with him. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Please if you think you know anything, or yiu might have heard some please reach out rather to the tip line in the poster, or to Me his cousin who is acting as a liaison for the immediate family. 971-221-8057. Thank you. Please no games.”
Help Us Find- Josh Applestill

I’m sorry the link didn’t work for me, so here is a direct link to the most recent post about Josh’s case on OOFS’ Facebook page (I hope it works). It’s from August 19th. Unfortunately, I, too, was unable to find any updates.
Operation OR Found Safe

The latest post on “Help Us Find - Josh Applestill” Facebook page is dated one day later, August 20th:
“Tomorrow marks Josh's 33rd birthday. This will be the first his immediately family will not be sharing with him. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Please if you think you know anything, or yiu might have heard some please reach out rather to the tip line in the poster, or to Me his cousin who is acting as a liaison for the immediate family. 971-221-8057. Thank you. Please no games.”
Help Us Find- Josh Applestill

Checked Help Us Find- Josh Applestill fb page for updates...
Last post Dec 6:
Apologized for not updating in a bit; the family was dealing with an additional loss.

It has been 4 years since Josh went missing
Latest update from his FB Missing Page is that the family hasnt heard anything in years.

Larch Mountain is the area where Joshua went missing according to NamUs. The article below states that Larch Mountain road had been closed for repair/paving and had recently opened back up to the public.

October 18, 2023
A mushroom hunt on Oregon’s Larch Mountain ended with the discovery of a dead body this weekend, authorities said.

JUL 12, 2024
[...]

She said investigators found out that one of his last known locations was somewhere around Larch Mountain, because a video that was taken pinged his location while he was at a bonfire with some other people.

[...]

Houskins said the area Applestill went missing was snowy when searches initially began and there wasn’t much evidence of anything.

However, when rescue efforts were made months later in the summertime, she said they found her brothers clothes, iPod and headphones.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back