Found Deceased OR - Kendra Hanks, 18, walking from work along Hwy 42 towards Winston, Douglas Co, 7 Jul 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The same Defence lawyer.
Well, he seems to have been effective so far.
Is he the Public Defender?

JMO

ROSEBURG, Ore. – The man who murdered 18-year-old Kendra Hanks in 2022 after allegedly kidnapping her while she was on the way home from work has been sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to murder, court documents show.

Court records show Phelps, now 41, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder on May 7, 2024. He was sentenced to life in prison, with a minimum of 30 years before he is eligible for parole or probation and no chance of work release or any form of temporary leave. Charges of second-degree murder and second-degree kidnapping were dismissed. Court records show Phelps and his attorneys filed several motions during the process of the case to suppress evidence such as cell phone and business records, to disallow certain individuals from testifying at a jury trial, to change the judge presiding over the case, and to change the venue of the case because it was believed media and social media coverage of the case would make it nearly impossible to find an unbiased jury.

Happy to see Phelps sentence, he will be 71 before he has a chance of parole - if he lives that long in prison.
GOOD RIDDANCE!!

On Friday afternoon, Troy Russell Phelps told a packed courtroom he was guilty of murdering Kendra Hanks.

Wesenberg said with the guilty plea “we believe this will not come back to us,” meaning there are no appeals expected. “He has to be accountable,” Wesenberg said.

Douglas County District Attorney Rick Wesenberg read a statement from Hanks’ mother, Amber Cooper. “Kendra was my first love,” Cooper’s statement said. “She taught me how to be the mom I never knew I could be.”

Cooper said Hanks was just learning to be an adult, barely getting started in life.

Cooper said in her statement that three months and three days after Hanks was killed, her other daughter attempted to take her own life. Her daughter died less than six months ago.

“To lose both my children in a year and a half has broken my soul,” Cooper said.

Sobs could be heard throughout the courtroom as Cooper’s statement was read aloud.

Heartbreaking, I had no idea Amber lost her other daughter in addition to Kendra.

Phelps had previously been acquitted in the 2017 murder of Brandon Michael.

During the investigation into Hanks’ murder, authorities were tipped off by Phelps’ family members that he had allegedly admitted to killing Hanks and three other women, according to Aug. 18, 2023, court filings by Phelps’ attorney Elizabeth Baker. Those victims were identified as Megan Wendel, Lilly Loftus and Kristin Correa.

Eichmann said those investigations are ongoing.

Much more at link.

ROSEBURG, Ore. – The man who murdered 18-year-old Kendra Hanks in 2022 after allegedly kidnapping her while she was on the way home from work has been sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to murder, court documents show.

Court records show Phelps, now 41, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder on May 7, 2024. He was sentenced to life in prison, with a minimum of 30 years before he is eligible for parole or probation and no chance of work release or any form of temporary leave. Charges of second-degree murder and second-degree kidnapping were dismissed. Court records show Phelps and his attorneys filed several motions during the process of the case to suppress evidence such as cell phone and business records, to disallow certain individuals from testifying at a jury trial, to change the judge presiding over the case, and to change the venue of the case because it was believed media and social media coverage of the case would make it nearly impossible to find an unbiased jury.

Happy to see Phelps sentence, he will be 71 before he has a chance of parole - if he lives that long in prison.
GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Thank you for this news !!!
Wow!
At last!

After nearly 2 years of waiting.

Justice for Kendra has been finally done!

Rest in Peace now sweet Kendra.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back