OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with SWA that an arrest will be forthcoming. I think once they find Kyron it will be almost immediately. I think EmmaPeel hit the nail on the head last night when she posted that the media is sticking by where they believe the "action" (sorry can't think of a better word) will be. I'm going with the probabilities and stats. One thing I learned long ago with these types of cases is the KISS principle normally applies.

LOL, I see what you mean. I did say "action". But when I said "action" I simply meant where media might be best be able to watch LE moves and/or hit up LE on this case for info. The sherriff's office parking lot, and the driveway/mailbox area of the Kaine's street. I also expect them to have a tail on the DA's office and the DA's comings and goings, and LE"s comings and goings into that office.

Still, what you say is true and I had a case of the hinkies for sure last night. :eek:

Problem here is, they will NEVER, ever know who all was in the school that day. There was no tracking the crowd by any means, anyone could have walked in, and if they are the POI, its not likely they will be saying "hey, yeah, I was there that day, check me out". Then again, if it was a staff member or other parent, or relative of a child......they aren't going to offer up the correct information about what they did or where they went.

jmoo

As I sit here and hope for good news everyday I just can't shake that Raeann.

How in the world are they ever going to know who all was really there when they didn't even have a visitors list? How could they have allowed just anyone and everyone inside that school? I just don't understand it.

IMO

Ok - I think this is ok to post.

Here's a map from the property appraisers sight - so its credible.

It is mapping the address of the person who spotted the white truck.
The Horman's live on Sheltered Nook Road.
You can also see the Skyline Blvd and its relative distance.

Take it for what you will.

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail....=MULTNOMAH COUNTY&neighborhood=&seg_id=100375

ETA - you have to zoom out to see Sheltered Nook and Skyline

Thank you!

PS - not liking that this truck appeared at these times....and idled.

This case is eerily similar to the Etan Patz case. The length of time that it took Etan's mom to know that he never made it to school b/c she was not notified was crucial.

O/T - one of our managers at the law firm were I work was just let go b/c it turns out he was a sex offender. He worked there for two years and the firm supposedly does background checks on all employees. The reason why it was found out was because another employee did a simple google of his name and there it was for all too see: rape in the first degree and a sodomy charge. Although he is 49 now and this crime was committed when he was 18 he was let go. The crime was in Florida and our firm is in NYC. Sometimes employees do not do thorough background checks even though they say they do. I know that most board of eds fingerprint their employees but I would double check every single employee at the school including contractors and vendors.

I was thinking about this too...the way background checks are done. Not really O/T at all, considering Kyron disappeared from a public school. Thinking about it, I realized we have been active in two specific organizations (involving children exclusively) that by law background check everyone who is staff or volunteer annually. We've been a part of these organizations for 15+ years. They used to background check us annually...but since everyone knows us now, they just push the paperwork through- without actually doing the check in order to save on costs.
We don't have any criminal history...but what if we did?
After inquiring about this of the organizations we belong to, it seems this is rather common practice.
Alarming, when you are talking about environments exclusive to children.

I hope you're right; I don't believe anyone can take much more of this.

On another note, I have a simple observation, do with it what you will. We have learned the sm took Kyron to school that morning and they were there at roughly 8 AM. I believe the picture was taken about 8:15 AM, could be off a minute or two. The point is - SM being there so early would have been able to get a "choice" parking spot as opposed to those who came later or those who had to park in the street.

Simply an observation.

And to me that means her vehicle would be more easily seen. I don't think she drove a truck to the school that day. I think she drove up in her bright RED mustang which stands out. My brother has one and he has to take his kids projects to school and has no problem with getting it in his vehicle and some of the exhibits are quite large.

IMO

my hand's up!

I also have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. Neither option (nor the ones in between) makes me feel any better, by the way. What I'd like doesn't involve either, and too much time has gone for me to think of anything else but those spectrums. Just sadness and prayers, and grasping on to the hope for miracles that do happen.

We can't really sleuth so prayers and hope is about all we have left to offer. Miracles do happen. Amen to that.

That would be nice SWA. And I know you've alluded that this is your feeling before. Would you please share what leads you to your opinion with the forum? It's a hopeful opinion and we could all use some hope!

My opinion is based on the fact that I have tremendous faith in the abilities of LE and the FBI. I would assume that when Kyron is located -- an arrest will be made shortly after. (Based on my opinion that LE has their POI)

Seeing how I believe though this was a calculated plan though -- it's not going to be "that" easy to find his body. I'm guessing that some thought went into where to place it -- so it wouldn't be found.

Arrests normally aren't made in cases like this until a body is found. Scott Peterson wasn't arrested until Laci was found and identified.

And to me that means her vehicle would be more easily seen. I don't think she drove a truck to the school that day. I think she drove up in her bright RED mustang which stands out. My brother has one and he has to take his kids projects to school and has no problem with getting it in his vehicle and some of the exhibits are quite large.

IMO

Doesn't matter if it was "seen", she had every right to be there. Point is/was getting there early would insure a good parking spot.

The white truck... Even though I'm leaning toward family or maybe school staff (even if peripheral), I'm beginning to have my doubts that the white truck was being driven by the stepmom. She has long vibrant red hair and would be easily identifiable... :twocents:

Problem here is, they will NEVER, ever know who all was in the school that day. There was no tracking the crowd by any means, anyone could have walked in, and if they are the POI, its not likely they will be saying "hey, yeah, I was there that day, check me out". Then again, if it was a staff member or other parent, or relative of a child......they aren't going to offer up the correct information about what they did or where they went.

jmoo

bouncing off your point, IIRC LE said in one of the latter press conferences that they had completed interviews with 100% of the students. There's no way they can state they interviewed everyone who was present.

To be arrested WITHOUT a body takes a Grand Jury - IIRC Peterson was arrested before they found Lacy (it was within hours or just a day - I could be wrong but I know the two events were very close)

KC was arrested and charged with 1st degree murder with NO body. Caylee wasn't found for another month or so.

She may have drove the truck that morning to the school.Maybe she could not fit his exhibit in the car if it was too big.

Doesn't matter if it was "seen", she had every right to be there. Point is/was getting there early would insure a good parking spot.

You are exactly right Trident.

And if she was seen leaving with Kyron this case would have been over shortly after it began.

IMO

No one says you can't talk Zaha. Diferent thoughts, opinions, theories are welcome, so long as they comply with TOS and are respectful. Have at it.

To be arrested WITHOUT a body takes a Grand Jury - IIRC Peterson was arrested before they found Lacy (it was within hours or just a day - I could be wrong but I know the two events were very close)

KC was arrested and charged with 1st degree murder with NO body. Caylee wasn't found for another month or so.

Scott Peterson was arrested after they located the body, I remember it clearly because it happened here in San Diego where I live. I agree with SWA that as soon as they locate him there will be an arrest--for the same reason they waited to arrest Scott until they located the body--they had evidence Scott was in the area where the body was located. Here, I believe they are searching per the POI's cell phone pings--once they match the body location to those pings there will be an arrest.

As I sit here and hope for good news everyday I just can't shake that Raeann.

How in the world are they ever going to know who all was really there when they didn't even have a visitors list? How could they have allowed just anyone and everyone inside that school? I just don't understand it.

IMO

It's irresponsible and the school will be held accountable. I hope they changed their policy.

The white truck... Even though I'm leaning toward family or maybe school staff (even if peripheral), I'm beginning to have my doubts that the white truck was being driven by the stepmom. She has long vibrant red hair and would be easily identifiable... :twocents:

Not only that, but I think her involvement in the school (and the school being so small) would make it likely she'd be seen and recognized had she been there after 8:45ish.

My personal opinions on this case swing from the far left to the far right as I read the few facts that we have confirmed. I accept that LE owes us, Joe Public, absolutely nothing ito information, especially when they know that it could jeaopardize the case. But I feel positively Bipolar the way my opinion keeps swinging like a pendulum from one possibility to another on the opposite side.

We KNOW it's a CONFIRMED isolated incident and we KNOW LE said they didn't suspect it was a stranger abduction. But that grey area in between is driving me nuts.

Hands up any of those who feel completely frustrated by this case. Because, at the end of the day, Kyron is still missing. And nobody (that matters anyway) knows where he is.
:(

Originally they said it's an isolated incident, but at the NBC piece where the sheriff is questioned ( standing in front of Skyline) he says "No Comment" the the isolated incident question

I'm curious what did the SM bring Kyrons project in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee