OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the private way the 4 parents attended the public vigil, avoided media, and rely upon LE's bubble of protection:

At least they've been consistent.

As has been LE.

I'm going to think about why for while - and with a broader lens.

None of us our fools regarding what the simplest interpretation of this behavior can be. But LE has not really behaved in a manner that lends itself to any simple interpretion. IMO

I think an arrest will be made sooner than you think.

I hope you're right; I don't believe anyone can take much more of this.

On another note, I have a simple observation, do with it what you will. We have learned the sm took Kyron to school that morning and they were there at roughly 8 AM. I believe the picture was taken about 8:15 AM, could be off a minute or two. The point is - SM being there so early would have been able to get a "choice" parking spot as opposed to those who came later or those who had to park in the street.

Simply an observation.

BBM.

Does anyone know what time the bus stopped at Kyron's house that afternoon?

Apologies up front, but I don't remember WHERE the white truck was seen.

If anyone could point me to that information I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

3:30 p.m. Terri Horman goes to meet the school bus and discovers that Kyron has been absent all day.

3:46 p.m. Skyline School secretary Susan Hall places a call to 9-1-1 about Kyron being missing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass
"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

That would be nice SWA. And I know you've alluded that this is you feeling before. Would you please share what leads you to your opinion with the forum? It's a hopeful opinion and we could all use some hope!

I'm with SWA that an arrest will be forthcoming. I think once they find Kyron it will be almost immediately. I think EmmaPeel hit the nail on the head last night when she posted that the media is sticking by where they believe the "action" (sorry can't think of a better word) will be. I'm going with the probabilities and stats. One thing I learned long ago with these types of cases is the KISS principle normally applies.

I'm with SWA that an arrest will be forthcoming. I think once they find Kyron it will be almost immediately. I think EmmaPeel hit the nail on the head last night when she posted that the media is sticking by where they believe the "action" (sorry can't think of a better word) will be. I'm going with the probabilities and stats. One thing I learned long ago with these types of cases is the KISS principle normally applies.

Never heard of that, KISS, what does that stand for? TIA

Never mind I just googled...lol. I agree!

One reason not to specify the last time a reliable eyewitness saw Kyron is to help filter tips. If a reliable witness saw him at X:XX o'clock, then they could easily filter out any tips before X:XX o'clock.

In a case like this, tips are sure to be pouring in. They need tips! But out of those thousands of tips, only one or two are likely to be the relevant ones. The less manpower they have to put into sorting out some tips, the more manpower they have left to go through the remaining tips.

It is obvious that timing is crucial in this case. If a perpetrator is ever charged and the case goes to trial, a lot could ride on the exact timing of events versus alibis.

As it is, say they find that a stranger abducted Kyron at 8:45 am. Who would be one of the star witnesses for the defence? Kyron's deskmate, whose grandmother foolishly put him on TV. That child could have made a very innocent mistake, like mistaking the time he saw Kyron. Or he may be trying too hard to help the grownups. But a defence attorney would use his appearances to build a reasonable doubt (as is constitutionally allowed, of course)

Very, very good points.

I want to know the facts just to satisfy my own curiosity about what happened. But I'm perfectly content for LE to keep their mouths shut tightly on this one. I want to see Kyron returned home safe, but I know this is unlikely. So what I want more than anything else is for the person(s) who did this to him to be put away for the rest of their life. I want nothing to compromise that, no matter how frustrating it may be.

Maybe the family was in a private room at the vigil for any number of reasons. Devastation would be one. I cannot imagine how horrible this must be. I'm not sure I'd even be able to function if I was mom (I'm only saying that because I am a mom.) Or maybe they were observing everyone there - anyone that they may have forgotten to mention to LE that may be involved, anyone they suspect may be involved, watching behavior, etc. Or again, for their own protection from anyone that might start problems with a family member or just because I think I'd go over the edge at this point with any well wishes. It's got to be so difficult to function. Perhaps LE asked them to watch and point out anything that could be a lead. I feel horrible for them and am so sad that Kyron isn't home yet.

Someone yesterday was asking if they were still searching around Sauvie's...

From yesterday's news here in Portland (KGW):

"...Meantime, investigators had intensified their search in the area of Sauvie Island. From KGW's Sky 8 helicopter, searchers in wetsuits were seen moving through waist-high water while someone on shore provided directions. A dive team searched swamps and ponds around the rural NW Portland area, and crews also searched around the Multnomah Channel. Investigators would not say what led them to this area, but it was the fourth consecutive days that crews scoured Sauvie Island."

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/Pol...clues-will-lead-to-Kyron-Horman-96475549.html

3:30 p.m. Terri Horman goes to meet the school bus and discovers that Kyron has been absent all day.

3:46 p.m. Skyline School secretary Susan Hall places a call to 9-1-1 about Kyron being missing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass
"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Thank you so much, BeanE. What an in-depth answer to my questions. I truly appreciate this.

seeking

Has the area of J Kelley's home off Cornelius Pass been mapped in comparison of location and time to drive to Kyron's bus stop?

==========================

3pm white truck driven by a lady seen by Jim K and his neighbor near Jim's home off Cornelius Pass. Truck pulled to the end of a long road, idled, then turned around. At 2am Saturday morning, a similar truck appeared and idled, and when a neighbor turned her dogs loose, the truck eased away.

3:30pm Hormans go to the school bus stop and discover that Kyron is not on the bus.

3:46pm School secretary calls 911.

Kaine, in his e-mail says "we" as to going to get Kyron off the bus, calling the school, etc.. The scanners picked up a reference to the parents being instructed that at least one of them needed to wait for police back at their house.

This was also a weekend that Kyron was going AWAY himself, to be with his other set of parents. He was (likely - assuming again) scheduled to leave soon after he got off the bus.

Assume for the sake of a brief discussion that both mom & dad were waiting for Kyron.

Dad might be waiting because he makes it a point to be there to say goodbye to Kyron when it's time for his away weekend.

Who else knew that Kyron was leaving town as soon as he got off that bus, and therefore, they only had Friday, and only while Kyron was at school to take Kyron? (Otherwise he'd be gone for the w/e)

Two days ago, I posted about 4 big things that stick in my craw. I might have to add this as the 5th thing - the fact that Kyron went missing from school just before he was scheduled to leave town for the weekend.

I also recall that in one of the Press Conferences, when LE was asked what Kyron had been looking forward to doing - an answer in the immediate factual snese, was sidestepped. Because, in all likelihood, he'd been "looking forward" to a weekend with Desiree. Rather than discuss Kyron's expectations for the weekend, they talked about activities Kyron like to do.

I am mulling this and other things today as you can see... anyone can mull along if they like...

I really hope EVERYONE who was in that school that morning,who knows Kyron personally (or indirectly from his school i.e. a parent) has been questioned and thoroughly checked out, especially if they left the school after or during the science fair (teachers, parents, G. Zimmerman, supply teachers, custodians, etc). Anyone who was seen speaking to Kyron at all that morning at the school needs to be investigated. I can't BELIEVE this is taking so long to announce a POI. Where is Kyron????

Problem here is, they will NEVER, ever know who all was in the school that day. There was no tracking the crowd by any means, anyone could have walked in, and if they are the POI, its not likely they will be saying "hey, yeah, I was there that day, check me out". Then again, if it was a staff member or other parent, or relative of a child......they aren't going to offer up the correct information about what they did or where they went.

jmoo

I want to know the facts just to satisfy my own curiosity about what happened. But I'm perfectly content for LE to keep their mouths shut tightly on this one. I want to see Kyron returned home safe, but I know this is unlikely. So what I want more than anything else is for the person(s) who did this to him to be put away for the rest of their life. I want nothing to compromise that, no matter how frustrating it may be.

AMEN! Totally agree.

Does anyone know if the Hormans made their own call to 911?

Is it just possible or probable that they were informed that the school made the call, so they felt that they did not need to make an emergency call themselves?

Or, has nothing been released regarding whether or not Terri or Kaine Horman made a 911 call?

Thanks in advance.

I found this: http://www.kptv.com/news/23886542/detail.html

and I know we discussed it more in-depth here: OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community.. in the first few pages of the thread
when LE stated Kyron's investigation was becoming a criminal investigation. I think the actually wording of the former Portland police captain was that it was not likely a stranger to stranger abduction.

Thank you Elle. So it wasn't the investigating officers after all who are actually investigating Kyron's case that said it.

I know I read a link here last night where the Kyron investigators said they were not ruling out an abduction.

imo

Ok - I think this is ok to post.

Here's a map from the property appraisers sight - so its credible.

It is mapping the address of the person who spotted the white truck.
The Horman's live on Sheltered Nook Road.
You can also see the Skyline Blvd and its relative distance.

Take it for what you will.

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail....=MULTNOMAH COUNTY&neighborhood=&seg_id=100375

ETA - you have to zoom out to see Sheltered Nook and Skyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member